Something About Nothing............ #14

Puff pastry I always buy ready made....it`s so easy and less fuss. And perfectly good, can`t tell the difference between folks that stand and make it from scratch and the jusrol stuff. I did the beef in ale overnight and won`t take a lot of effort to roll out pastry.....oh you`ve just made me think of baklava...only ever eat in America....love it!!! I also buy ready made filo pastry too...far too fiddly to make.....
Absolutely, for some reason it strikes me wrong how you have to keep it covered with a damp dish towel when working with it lol. I can usually get my fix at the nearby greek Orthodox Church’s food festivals traditional recipes make too much just for one person to manage. The puff pastry variety is easily adaptable to smaller recipie but purists would cringe lol
"To go...or not to go..that is the DVC trip next month in question." :charac2:
almost no way to to get our WL Copper Creek spot again in the next 2 months. ARRGGG... :crazy:
Former 1st world problems.
I get you, it’s quite frustrating, especially when family is involved.

That’s one of my favorite DVC ‘homes’, indeed a difficult ressie to secure if you don’t own there. Since i’m ‘in the same boat’, as it were, re my upcoming planned trip...find myself in a position to play devil’s advocate vs a well-intentioned cheerleader :).

We are fortunate to be able to travel often and are somewhat flexible. My immediate family is not. As we had promised to join them pre Easter at WDW I am still wrestling with the idea of cancelling one or both portions of my long planned trip.

I had set myself a time period to decide what to do, allowing a week minimum, two weeks maximum to decide. Looks like that is meshing with how things are expected to play out.

Popular expert opins indicate that as of today, the US is now past the containment stage of the CV. The next two weeks are expected to predict how we will fare in what is now conservatively projected to be an approximately 2 month period of mitigation.

Was somewhat surprised to watch the admnistration’s Ben Carson today state that those in the high risk groups are urged to avoid large gatherings

had to read that several times before I understood all of it. I'm a little slow on the acronyms. It's nice that the cruise line is giving you lots of flexibility should you decide to reschedule.
Sorry, force of habit.
It's like the bread and milk aisles when we are expecting snow. Today I will find out how ridiculous Kroger looks.
I just wasn’t feeling it today. Will give it a go tomorrow
No candy bar this time. It was just a peel off sticker.
Too bad, chocolate seems to make everything just a little bit better :)

mrose........for the person to be caught stealing something is bad enough, but for it to be of no use, is just laughable. Hope you are feeling better soon too.......
Thanks for the well wishes! I am getting better. Still coughing, but improving.
Yeah, the person who tried to steal them didn't know they weren't useful. I don't think people know what type of masks the would need because I've seen people asking at stores also, which are all out of any type of mask.
This is sad, but you are right. People are getting desperate and will try anything even if it won't work.
I guess they figure any protection is better than no protection. But the stories of people stealing from hospitals is appalling! The health care workers... the ones who will have to work on these people if they get it, need to have protection. Sigh....
Equally appalling; DH saw "covid kits" for sale on ebay a few days ago. A mask, gloves, hand sanitizer, plastic suit.... for HUNDREDS of dollars! I just checked again now and N95 masks are selling for $100 for a box of 10. The price gouging is insane and reprehensible. Ebay needs to be cracking down on this. Another listing is:
"Coronavirus Kit. Be prepared and ready.
1 - Surgical Mask
4 - Ultra Soft Toilet Paper Rolls
1 - Premium Strong Thick and Absorbent Paper Towels
1 - Antibacterial Dial Soap - 7.5 ounces
1 - Great Value 32 ounce Cleaner with bleach
1 - 75 count Disinfecting Wipes
2 - Dishwasher pods "

It's disgusting! It costs $100 plus $10 shipping. And it's not even a proper mask.

Looks like a plague of Locusts came thru. That sort of behavior is the lowest sort of common denominator. Just surprised to see how quickly it is evidencing.
Yeah, it's getting crazy.
Today we had to go to Lowe's and they had one employee standing at the self check out with a disinfectant bottle, spraying and wiping the key pad and screen after each person used it. That actually surprised me! And also kind of frightened me. But at least their being proactive.
He’s agreeable to whatever, especially the free time off if they insist. A few people argued their civil rights were being trampled, as to being told what they could do on their own free time. Corp came back surprisingly heavy-handed...since they work in a non-union capacity without a contract, they are ‘at will’ employees.

I expect that certain edicts may be issued from CDC/government as to temporary measures deemed prudent to protect ‘the all’. Don’t think corporate HR departments are qualified to make that call in the interim other than following the updated general guidelines from the CDC.
I know that for businesses here, they have really gotten on the ball with creating their own protocol in the absence of not having anything in place. Most don't have "in case of pandemic" guidelines.
People are so mobile, it’s stated to be so easily transmissible, but telling us most demographics will be mildly impacted akin to regular flu. It’s the rest of us who get to hold our breath i suppose.
The thing I don't like is when the news, or people say "it only seriously affects older people and those with compromised immune systems... so we'll probably be ok". Well, how does that make those of us with compromised immune systems feel? Or elderly people? And does it create a cavalier attitude for everyone else, since they may not get as sick and therefore give them reason to not heed CDC or medical advice? Like the guy from NH who was told to isolate while waiting test results... and he decided to ignore it and go to a party? It's really crazy uncharted waters we're in now.
We were starting to talk about it if he gets it and it was exciting and scary.
I'm excited for you! It sounds like a great opportunity and I hope everything goes well!
Mrose I hope you are feeling better now:).
I am feeling better, thank you! And again, I sending you hugs for your upcoming surgery!

Dinner is beef in Ale with puff pastry tonight......I’m looking forward to that!
OOOh, that sounds soo good! You'll have to share the recipe! I just saw gluten free frozen puff pastry in a store not far from me. I didn't buy it though, because I need a reason to. Sounds like your dinner is just what I need!
And yay, a sunny Sunday, warmer than that cold 20 to 30 mph wind blowing on a 38 degree Saturday. All that ☀ will bring us a high of 60, with light winds.
It is nice today! We just took the dogs for a walk and the little one has some "winter weight", lol. His harness was a little snug!
Break out those shorts! Yeah, there has been shorts seen all winter.
HAHAHA! That was probably my husband you saw! Or my DD's boyfriend. They wore them all winter.
Saying if I buy her an AP again, we can go in May and August. Hmmm, numbers I need to review, but hey, may very well happen, as I have never been in May. Hmmm.
To Disney in May? We go every May, and usually again in the Fall. May is wonderful!!
There have now been 2 confirmed cases of the Corona virus here in VA. None close to me though.
Ugh! It really is just spreading everywhere. Stay safe!

Just got back from Kroger. The good news is that they had some containers of Lysol wipes and cans of spray Lysol available. They were completely sold out of hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol. The most surprising thing was the toilet paper aisle:

We eventually found a few packages of Kroger brand toiler paper on an end cap. Not our usual brand, but we went ahead and got some.

This is really getting out of hand.

Just got back from Kroger. The good news is that they had some containers of Lysol wipes and cans of spray Lysol available. They were completely sold out of hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol. The most surprising thing was the toilet paper aisle:

View attachment 479686

We eventually found a few packages of Kroger brand toiler paper on an end cap. Not our usual brand, but we went ahead and got some.

This is really getting out of hand.

Our middle son (17 and graduates in May!) works at Walmart and he has been helping with stocking shelves and he says that he was pulling pallets of paper towels and toilet paper out to stock and people would just take the stuff by the case, he says it’s nuts but work was easy because they cleaned it off before he had to put it on a shelf.

Wow, have not seen blank shelves here. And very scary, two families in our county returned from overseas and the parents have the virus. Kids went to school on this past Friday, so school is closed for first three days this week, to do a deep cleaning, and families are staying home. And a teacher at that school is a close relative. I so hope no other have tested positive for the virus.

And bedtime for me. Hope all are feeling better, McK, and any other homie needing well wishes.

And yeah, McK, older one has been in shorts most of this winter too. He is generally a hot feeling kid. Me, no shorts on yet.

78973380-7F66-4762-9950-9E0A133F20F8.jpeg
Have a good night homies. 😴

And lucky Mac, no WD tonight, so a good sleep for her, I hope.

Thanks Mac. Unfortunately the rest of the family will be in school in the fall. I suppose I could go without them, but they might not forgive me if I did.

Thanks Mac. Unfortunately the rest of the family will be in school in the fall. I suppose I could go without them, but they might not forgive me if I did.
Well do what I had to do....
Fix meals in advance they love
And make sure there is plenty of it to last 3 days
Buy paper plates so it will be an easy clean up for them
And you’ll be home real soon

come on, you know you wanna......

We need a homie Dis meet!
We will do family group next time

Hopelessly behind. But have been loving the warm weather and sunshine! Flying home tomorrow.
I had to phone the airlines to check on flight times since daylight savings started today in the US and Canada but apparently not in Mexico. Mexico doesn’t change until the first Sunday in April.
Good thing I happened on that info by accident. I was ready to change my clock today and go to the airport on daylight savings, eek.
The airline assured me the flight time is accurate and I don’t change to daylight savings until we arrive in SeaTac where we get our connection home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter