Something About Nothing ... #12

Janet, close but wrong cat
Blue is the one that only has one tooth in the bottom jaw
No canines on top

Schumi, well our temps will hit over 95 this week and not looking forward to it
Have to grocery shop in Wednesday
Not fond when it hits 97 as I do stay in the house all day then

She is beautiful!!:)

Thanks, Robo!! Have a great trip!! We're at Disney exclusively this trip and I thin you're only at UO, so we won't be able to meet up this time. Looks like scorching temps in Orlando this weekend!:sunny:

That's great she can get the dual degrees! Bummer about not being able to attend this year's ceremony, but more important that she get the other degree !!:thumbsup2

Yep- the schools don't seem to help with internships much! Good that DS found them on his own! But the kids still need to make $$!!

Busy with cleaning- just taking a quick break! Clouds moving in and MORE RAIN!!!:faint:

You have some good weather coming Patty......been in the mid 90’s last week or so most of the time.......today is boiling hot......but fabulous!

Hi everyone sorry I got behind again. It has been so busy with school events all week. Prom was also this weekend so super busy. Sunday we went to 6 flags with the teens. It was a beautiful day for prom.

Liv had a good time Charlie not so much but they made it.

Here are a few pics of Liv right after the hair dresser. The other ones were at our local park. There had to be a thousand people there but we were lucky to find a spot for pics.

I hope to be back on tomorrow at some point. I am thinking good thoughts for everyone.

imagejpeg_0.jpg imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
Attach0(2).jpg Attach0(1).jpg
Attach0.jpg

Awesome pictures Bobbie!

You have a beautiful daughter

Glad you also shared a pic of Liv’s hair do and the one of you and Charlie

Happy smiles from everyone

Pattyw, not many more wake ups before the 3 of youse head south for loads of fun and celebrating Troy’s graduation!

Don’t forget the sunscreen
Schumi will hold the rain off for your trip
She will make sure you have lots of sunshine and great weather

Was going to do a shout out to all but kitchen is calling me to make dinner

We are tired of eating out..
Back later tonight

Hi waiting to go to another awards night this time for Charlie:D.

Thank you Mac and Patty for the lovely compliments. Yes I was a proud happy mom with a little sadness of my baby growing up:goodvibes:goodvibes.

Patty congrats to Troy for graduating college, what an honor and what proud parents you are. I can see it in your picture as well.:thumbsup2

Evening Sans family :wave:

Robo.....we love P.F. Chang’s.......haven’t been in a while but it’s always been good quality and fabulous portions, and we didn’t find it expensive at all......we did plan to go last night but ended up in Kobe.......I’m sure you’d enjoy it, nice place with good service......a little noisy though.......But, I do have quite a weird mall story to tell in my trip report......::yes::

Thank you Schumi on the P.F. Chang's information. Look forward to your weird mall story. Was it Mall at Millenia? Yeah !!!!! to a beach day. You were brave to go in the water in New Smyrna.. Glad to hear the love bugs are laying down and the rain is moved on for a few days. It seems every few years the love bugs are terrible. Have a wonderful remainder of your trip. Just think you will be back for a nice long stay and September.

Never dipped a foot into the water @ New Smyrna they say the shark capital of US

It is so they say. More shark attacks there than any other beach along that stretch of the Atlantic.

We're at Disney exclusively this trip and I thin you're only at UO

Have a great stay at Disney......Yep, grandson and I are at Universal only.

Here are a few pics of Liv right after the hair dresser. The other ones were at our local park. There had to be a thousand people there but we were lucky to find a spot for pics.

Liv's hairs looks great. She is beautiful. She looks so nice all dressed up in her prom dress. What a lovely picture of her and Charlie and of course her and mom. Very special time for sure.

Seasonal allergies in my house Keisha. High record of trees and grass pollen, with lesser of weeds pollen, and high for mold too. My poor older one is medicated, as does not matter which creates the pollen, he is allergic to it. Still have yellow on car, so not done here. Maybe you have a cold mixing with some allergic reactions. Either way, hope you feel better soon.

Oh i’ll Live but a snorfling mess. First time the Flonase didn’t seem to help a bit. I thought it had to be high levels. Probably hit me like a brick wall since out of area and didn’t ease into it. I searched earlier today for the online levels here, a 2 out of 10 is only showing for dust. Seriously? Has to be wrong.

Sue - well worth it to snag that dual degree! Especially if she could do online.

Robo hope you get glasses sorted out. We never go to the optometrists in those stores. I’m sure some may be good. But I stick to one that has his own office. Been going to him for years. He was recommended by my doctor and he’s been really good.

They put the wrong prescription in my frames. Has never happened before. Only used them because my insurance changed....I will go back to the other Optometrist i have used next year and pay out of pocket if I have to. Live and learn sorta of thing.

So that will mean a return visit tomorrow morning to pick up my glasses again. Oh well.

Last edited:
They put the wrong prescription in my frames. Has never happened before. Only used them because my insurance changed....I will go back to the other Optometrist i have used next year and pay out of pocket if I have to. Live and learn sorta of thing.

Never heard of that, hope they make it right for you as that is an expensive hit

Bobbie - absoutely lovely pics of your DD. She looks so happy (mom too :))

Love the pics Bobbie...Liv is beautiful in blue and you all look so happy.

Cute chicken pic monyk.

Hope you feel better soon Janet :hug: and I did get a small credit on my bill from DirecTV...not as much as I would like but it gives me a good excuse to cancel HBO after I watch the last GoT episode.

Robo...I have to get new glasses too since I somehow fell asleep on mine last week and bent the frames beyond repair ...I also have different insurance and have to go to a new place. Hope you get it straight with your new prescription.

Watching Infinity Wars on dvd now while cleaning..guess I need to get back to it so the house is presentable for the repairman tomorrow. Funny how I always have to get the place spotless for a stranger I'll probably never see again. Am I the only one who does that?

Have a great night everyone :goodvibes

Evening!
Storms threatening, so kids locked the chickens up-still have part of run divided so babies can get away from older girls (who like to remind the babies of their place in pecking order). All not happy when I went to check. Rain held off so they could have gone out-oh well.
And yeah-The babies are all climbers and have had them try to get on my head, or if i bend over near then they jump on my back. Can be annoying, but OTOH I want the chickens socialized to humans.
Anybody else having their seasonal allergies?

Mac - if Luna is working it with only one tooth, she is one smart cat

Monyk - u ever have a chickie try to roost on your noggin?
Allergies have been ridunkulous this year! Nothing is keeping them at full bay

but anyone coming down the love bugs are disappearing
Yay! Sounds like another fun TR to read...

Never dipped a foot into the water @ new Smyrna, they say the shark capital of US:confused3 hope you have some more pics on the TR of it
Um did Carole know this beforehand?

OMG that is gorgeous. That color really suits her. Love the smiles!

Hi waiting to go to another awards night this time for Charlie:D
These young people are amazing-in no small part because you have provided an open, welcoming home. Congrats to Charlie for his hard work too!

So that will mean a return visit tomorrow morning to pick up my glasses again. Oh well.
oh well that's just irritating! Hopefully fixed correctly this time!

not as much as I would like but it gives me a good excuse to cancel HBO after I watch the last GoT episode.
Well I guess it is something?? Trying to get rid of cable, but we do use the sports networks and live stream subscriptions to those are almost as much as cable bill.

Hope you had a great dinner Mac-how is luna? Did I miss a post on how she is?
Patty have fun celebrating with Troy and Joe at Disney! Congrats to him!

Didn't sleep great last night, kids and DH put a movie on but I may be ready for bed soon. middle teen has her last 2 finals tomorrow, 1/2 day of school. hair appointment tomorrow for me :) I have successfully resisted urge to hack at bangs too LOL, but they are driving me nuts.

*yawn. time for sleep I think - Night to all!

Keishashadow sorry the Flonase hasn’t helped. I think it may take a day or 2 for it to kick in. Sometimes I have to take an allergy pill too, like Reactine. Funny, Flonase isn’t a Rx here. Hope it gets better soon.
Yup, I heard about Central Florida Coast being Shark capitol. I’ve usually had enough beach time before heading up to Orlando. But twice we did mini stays at Cocoa Beach. For youngest dd who loves RonJons. Oldest daughter & I prefer the Gulf Coast.

Schumi I love the Florida beaches. The southern beaches near where we stay first in Deerfield/Ft. Lauderdale are very calm unless there’s a storm out at sea. I love floating around on my pool noodle!
Oops on GOT slip! I enjoyed it too. I was happy with how they tied it all up. Safe travels home tomorrow.
Glad to hear love bugs leaving! Had to watch where we sat on the boats, squished love bugs on seats.

Pattyw thanks. I feel so bad for her, I know how much it meant to her to walk across the stage with her classmates. It’s a small class and they bonded. So sad the college is so inflexible about this, but I can understand about making exceptions for 1....

Mac, I’ve been in those 97+ Florida temps. I can’t blame you for staying in! We frequently go in August! One Aug was particularly brutal with temps of 100+ daily. Being in the parks, can’t really decide to hide out in hotel the entire trip so we’d go at park opening then return to hotel for pool break at noon, and go back to park in evening.

Bobbie beautiful pics. The hair is beautiful and so is the dress. Gorgeous colour blue. Congrats to Liv.

Robo I hope they are paying for the mistake with wrong lenses.

Tink I got a credit for my cable bill a couple of times when I had problems with the service.

Lazy day today. Rainy yuck day only thing I did was a grocery run. Made a Mediterranean chicken pasta dish tonight and forgot to add in the spinach, ugh.
Watching James Corden Carpool Karaoke.

So very sleepy, b it wanted to get in a post before I get too far behind. The cat is freaking me out. he keeps staring intently at the ceiling. I have looked for bugs, but don’t see any.

B is down to her last 4 days of school. Today they received yearbooks. Tomorrow the school has something called summer sendoff. It’s basically a half day of food and games. We never had anything like that when I was in school. The rest of the week is final exams, but she doesn’t have any exams to take. I asked her to find out if she actually has to be at school Wednesday or Thursday. Friday morning they have a senior breakfast and then graduation practice.

I turned on the TV after I arrived home from work to rewatch GoT and get ready for the big finale tonight and the signal kept cutting out...called Directv as this is an ongoing problem and I made the mistake of listening to the automated lady who said to reset the system...now there are no channels :headache: and the tech couldn't help me so I have to wait until Tuesday for my service to be fixed. Never touch the red button...lesson learned.
Oh no. I hope no one spoils the ending for you. No spoilers from me. I’ve never watched the show.

Mac I can’t imagine having to start school in August! It wouldn’t work in northern schools as August is one of our best months. Nobody wants to have May off here in trade for August. Too iffy. Weather is all over the place in May. Yesterday we were enjoying sunshine and patio. Today cold, and drizzling.
We start school here in August and are out by the end of May. A September start does seem to make more sense though.

Good day all, day three of wondering if I have allergies or cold, just enough to be carrying tissues in my pockets & a Vick’s inhaler which always seems to make things feel better lol. Rx of Flonase doing squat. No idea what’s in season here. Had that yellow pollen thing before we left but not seeing it coat everything in the am’s since home so ruling that suspect out. Anybody else having their seasonal allergies?
Yep, seasonal allergies here too. They were really bad a few weeks ago, but have gotten better. Hope you able to get some relief.

Beautiful pictures and I love Liv’s hair.

What a pain, but glad you got that sorted out. I am due for an eye exam later this summer.

Watching Infinity Wars on dvd now while cleaning..guess I need to get back to it so the house is presentable for the repairman tomorrow. Funny how I always have to get the place spotless for a stranger I'll probably never see again. Am I the only one who does that?
I’m the same way. I don’t know why i care so much about what others think.

I think I missed a couple of quotes, but I’m too sleepy to go back and check.

Goodnight everyone.

bobbie.....those are lovely pictures of your daughter......that colour is beautiful and suits her well.....hair is nice too.....they grow up so quickly!!!

Keisha yes, shark city apparently........one of the girls in the Club Lounge goes surfing there all the time.....yikes!! I only went in up to my knees.......dress was soaked but at 96F it dried instantly........yes, longer trips suit us much better.....think we have just under 70 nights here this year........not bad......:D

Sue, yes, we love the Gulf beaches better usually......but wow on New Smyrna.......we loved it! Yes, I’d have hated to have ruined the GoT story for anyone.......phew.......we don’t leave till Wednesday though.......still one full day.....:)

Robo thank you.......sooner we get home sooner we get back.......although have loved this trip and it’s another one that’s not flown past......it has been quite relaxing despite being busy at times........yes it was Mall at Millenia......very odd.......I have an email to write when I get back home.......:rolleyes1 There was loads of people in the water today.....we kept hearing the Jaws music all the way along as we walked.......the water was lovely though, so warm so I can see why it’s so popular......

Vicki, I’m exactly the same........if I know even if I’m getting a parcel delivered I also need to make sure I’m dressed and hair is tidy.......weird! Same with the house......although I’m apparently very tidy anyway according to friends.....lol........

MonyK.......lol.....yes, I knew about the sharks........I figure the guys further out in the water would be targeted first......I only have to outrun them........:D Hope DD does well with exams........and happy new hairdo tomorrow.....I attacked my fringe two days ago as it was in my eyes........made a mess of it......oops!!

Tried to go to Yard House tonight........we did get a table, but the noise in there was dreadful......everyone was shouting and yelling.....so we left........told the waiter we couldn’t hear ourselves think.......he looked at us like we were 158 years old.......but we like a nice dinner without having to use sign language........

Ended up in Jakes then back over to Strong Water where we had dessert and a drink.........

Last full day tomorrow :(..........maybe have some park time.....in the morning.......then, not sure.....weather will be glorious again.......:sunny: so a couple of hours in the park is enough.......it almost feels like September hot right now......

Hey to everyone else.......:wave2:

Bobbie, lovely picture of Liv, and beautiful dress and so nice Charlie is also going to get some awards. Thank you for sharing. Sounds like a fun week-end. Prom for little one is next week. She's picking up her altered dress today, I think.

Robo, woot! Almost ready to go.

That almost ready to go is for Patty too.

Both get a yay!

Charade, that's interesting for the fun day for B. I don't think our high school does that either. 3 more weeks for little one. We always start after Labor Day. Used to start the Wednesday after, several years ago, they went to the Tuesday after. Even the city schools tried to start before Labor Day, all attempts have been shut down. I think most of the parents enjoy that end of summer break, particularly to travel. Little one is pissed she even has to go to school, AP tests are done, she's got high grades, so no finals to take. She's been watching movies since Friday. I agree with her, just to meet the state requirements for number of days all must attend school.

Keisha, hope you are feeling better today. Yeah, older one has to take medicine a few days, to get best results. Yep, Darth Vader sounding is older one, when the pollen is particularly bad. He does use the nose spray with the prescriptive pills. We did try some over the counter pills, but the amount of active was not enough. He's been on a cocktail of drugs over the years. Seems he has to change every so often, as I guess his body gets too used to it, stops working well. It's why I can't have live plants, and cut flowers in my home. And a good vent filter, that I change every couple of months, to try to keep the pollen at bay, at least inside the house.

And Schumi, your trip so far sounds fabulous, and yes, I would have found a quieter place too. I hate that when you can't even hear the wait staff. Enjoy your last day in the parks, if that is what you end up doing. If no, have a great time where ever you go.

Mac, hope you are doing well, and so is Luna.

MonyK, yep, our neighbor's socialized their chickens. They come right over when they see some one come. If it's the neighbor, the biggest one jumps into her arms. Funny, that your one chicken likes to get high, like on your head. Bet the babies are getting big.

With that, a reminder for Mac, if it's not too hot, a Taco Bell run is needed today.

That's right, if you are keeping track, Taco Tuesday is here.

Why hello taco cat, thanks for the reminder:

giphy.gif

So, it is that time, with a bright sun in the sky (and the bright moon in the sky when commuting), and brisk 61 to start the day, ooh tea time. Yep, tea, no need for the ice quite yet.

Have a spectacular Tuesday all.

Not joining the boiling hot 90's today. A perfect 70 is the high. Now that is a great May temp. Spring it is. And was so hot, no jacket to be found today, instead, it feels refreshing. But you can bet, with the cooler temps today, the AC will not be lowered. Ice box feeling office may be an afternoon temp, so sweater is here.

Later. Tea. Yes, Tea. Wake up everybody!

Morning :wave2:...It is a breezy morning but comfortable. I finally shut my bedroom A/C off. I had to have Brian put mine in last night. The night sweats have been bad so trying anything I can to sleep. I don't sleep well to begin with so it doesn't help.

The awards night was nice for Charlie. They gave the winners a department store gift card so he wanted to spend it last night:rolleyes:. He was a smart shopper and bought sneakers for himself. I was proud of him. Then we went to a Hot Topic store (this is the teens favorite) and we all ended up buying some tank tops and earrings. It is a trendy store with all the latest pop culture stuff. Liv and I each bought a pair of Easy Spirit slip on shoes :cloud9:. We take the same size so we each got a different color and will share:D.

The time got away from me to get Liv's graduation invitations.:eek: I just toggled windows and ordered them on Amazon Prime:thumbsup2. I did tell a good amount of people to hold the date so at leas they will know.

Thanks so much also to Robo,Keishashadow,Tink,Monykalyn,Schumi, Lynne, Sue and Charade for great compliments for Liv and I. They are much appreciated:goodvibes

Robo I am sorry to hear about your glasses. I hope they get your new pair fixed quickly. I just got a pair myself and have to see if I just need to get use to them or there is a problem. It sounds like a wonderful trip with your grandson. I hope you two have an amazing time:goodvibes:goodvibes

Keishashadow I am sorry to hear about your allergies. I hope you feel better soon. I am glad that you had a great trip. Hawaii is on my bucket list. I have had them affecting my eyes really bad the last couple of weeks. They are swollen and running. I hope you can find something to help, I haven't yet. I think the 10 day mark is also good. My :cat: are missing us by then and us them too.

Monykalyn I love the pic with her:goodvibes. when you mentioned that when you bend down you have to watch your back for the chickens. We have a cat that scales Brian from the bottom to the top then sits on his shoulder.:laughing:. Thank you for the kind words about Charlie, it makes us so happy for him. I hope you stay safe from the storms. You do get early, we have three weeks of school, but our Seniors only have 2 weeks. Countdown continues to your having fun:woohoo:

Tink I am sorry to hear about what happened. I hope they fix it and you can watch your show:thumbsup2 If it was me I would have been pressing buttons without a customer service person.:rolleyes:. I just rewatched all the Avengers movies. We enjoyed the last one and just can't get enough. I use to clean for anyone coming over, now it's just for our friends and family. I find time harder now then when Liv was younger.

Mac I hope you have a great Taco Bell run today and get what you want. Taco Bell has become an everyday run here with the teens. Liv is addicted to the quesadillias. I hope Luna is doing better. I am glad that the vet tech comes to help you with meds.

Patty great idea to use the trips for scouting out possible moves:thumbsup2. We are excited to start that this summer and know that we will have to take several trips down this year to finalize stuff. It sounds like he has a great plan:D.

Sue I am sorry to hear that the college would not budge for her. It is hard to have to change plans on such an amazing accomplishment when you have it all set. I hope everything works out for her. It is hard to adjust to different weather than your use too and live in an area specifically for one type of weather and get another. Your dinner sounded very good I hate when I leave something out. I hope it was good anyway:thumbsup2.

Schumi I am so glad to hear you had another wonderful trip. It is so hard to leave. A relaxing one is always nice to throw in. We are planning this one in June as a more relaxing trip. I hope you have a safe trip and look forward to your report. I have gotten some really good food recommendations from them:thumbsup2:goodvibes.

Lynne the zoo pics are great. I have not been to Dorney Park but have heard about it. It is nice that you have a park close by and can visit with your family. I hope the dress alterations are good:thumbsup2. I love your taco cat pic :laughing:. Enjoy your tea today, I am going for the iced coffee even with the cooler temps. My hot flashes like that much better!!

Charade I have a :cat: that stares at walls, ceilings and floors, it is really freaky. I always wonder if she is communicating with some of our past ones. How exciting she is down to her last days.party:party: I still can't believe how fast it went by. Liv's school breaks things up. She has a "senior signing day" :confused3 I guess they announce where they are going to college then give them a picnic at the school. Friday is there big senior outing at a country club (should be fun). Liv only has to take her college finals. Our school has a policy that seniors who have A's in their district classes don't have to take exams. I hope you have a great day for graduation:D

I am off to have some breakfast. I bought a weight loss shake system and going to try and replace one or two meals a day with it. On the days I don't use it for breakfast I will have my toast or bagel and coffee, my favorite breakfast.

I hope everyone has a great day and everyone has safe travels and feels better:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!