Something About Nothing ... #12

271CBBB7-6793-4E10-A9CC-EDDB11B7DEF7.jpeg 4793772E-AC21-4BDA-BC6F-C45F9E5ABE69.jpeg A7CA7D69-20C9-4EF6-9CD2-5665D692321A.jpeg

Fun at the zoo.

Kangaroos know it is a lazy day.

Fun on the merry go round.

Feeding a cute bird who was quite mad when we stopped feeding him. Good to be one of the first ones to feed those hungry birds.

Some shopping for the week, then friend’s for pig roast dinner is the rest of my day.And friend makes his own beer. Yeah, I will be bringing a bottle of white wine. I like it sec. Not a beer fan as much any more.

Yep, night at close hotel before an early morning flight. Good idea, MonyK. Yeah, thinking of doing that for my 5:40am flight in October.

Great picture Patty. Nice graduation trip. We get our new house AC on Wednesday, thankfully. Tomorrow is to have a high of 88. So much for Spring. This Southern wind is bringing us some taste of summer the next couple of days.

Thanks Mac, we always have a good time at the zoo. Hope you are staying cool.

Nice to have a couples dinner tonight, Charade. Nice B is finished with school soon. Poor little one has 3 more weeks of it.

Oh yeah Keisha, been when a storm could be seen coming fast on the horizon, and we were at one of the furthest fields at the tournament in the farmer’s field. You never saw so many people run for their lives. So wicked a storm, I had to pull over after getting out of the parking lot, to wait it out. Hope your storm coming is not as bad, and game is finished before it comes. Most of our storm warnings are for just North of us. Hope that holds.

Chill everyone. It is a Sunday, yes it is. Smile.

Zoo days are fun
Knew Lynne would have fun with little one there

Yea Keisha, Sunday school is what they call it before church
It’s a SBC thing and the same in the south as it was in the north for me

Pattyw, sweet pic of the 3 of youse
You all are looking so happy in the picture!
You should frame it

Monyk, I still can’t eat chicken after you showing pics of your girls

Our vet tech that comes to the house twice a day lives in a farm
She gave me about 3 dozen eggs yesterday and said they are good for the next 30 days ( freshly laid)

Told her I had no room in my fridge for all of them and she said, who puts eggs in the fridge, leave them out on the counter

I did until this morning until one of the cats tried to break the eggshell with the one tooth she has

Forgot to say it still is hot here
Today cooler at 87
Tuesday predicted to be mid 90’s for rest of the week

This means the grass will grow faster and our dude that has the lawn service for us will become a wealthy man
Twice a week mowing from just a weekly mowing

I had to look that up. If dh had been around he could have told me. He spent several years in Catholic school which is kind of amusing since he is the son of a Baptist minister.
My kids went to local Catholic school for elementary levels until diocese, in their wisdom ahem, closed it down Was very nice only 10 or so kids in class. In the inner cities up north often the majority of students aren’t of the faith but there for a structured education with proven results

My kids went to local Catholic school for elementary levels until diocese, in their wisdom ahem, closed it down Was very nice only 10 or so kids in class. In the inner cities up north often the majority of students aren’t of the faith but there for a structured education with proven results

Dh says that his family had moved to a new area (rural South Carolina) and the public schools were lacking academically. His parents asked around and learned that the local Catholic schools were the best in the area, so that’s where he was until they moved again just before his senior year.

Hi everybody :wave:

Finally got a few days off starting tomorrow so I can catch up.

Congrats to Troy ...love the idea for an Orlando celebration. Danielle also chose Orlando for her graduation trip.

Welcome back keisha and hi to mac, Carole, Lynne, Charade, monyk, Robo, sue, and anyone else who is reading along.

I turned on the TV after I arrived home from work to rewatch GoT and get ready for the big finale tonight and the signal kept cutting out...called Directv as this is an ongoing problem and I made the mistake of listening to the automated lady who said to reset the system...now there are no channels :headache: and the tech couldn't help me so I have to wait until Tuesday for my service to be fixed. Never touch the red button...lesson learned.

Guess I'll go to bed early tonight.

Good night everyone...sweet dreams :cat:

Last edited:
images
Ooh, sorry to hear the red button was pushed, Tink. And that stinks no service until tomorrow. And woot! for some days off starting today. I am not a big fan of GoT, but when I unplugged my phone from charging, to put in my bag for the day, it said, did you know, ..... got the throne. Um, and that was from a news feed. So hoping you have spoil free news until you can see the last episode.

With that, a healthy good morning to all the homies, and hopefully sleeping late Tink, on her first day off.

3VBf.gif
Monday, it is, and if Mac is posting her oh so hot temps, I get to join the club today. Seems 90 is the high, and summer like hot, humid, and hazy, with showers and a thunderstorm mixed in there. Funny, commute was dry, and 72 out at 5:30 am. Warm. As was getting bag out of car, something hit me. Seems a handful of large rain drops fell as I walked into building. Not enough to even look for an umbrella, though umbrella I did take with me.

images
and that goes to all the homies.

Good Morning all!

Yep, that time for tea has come.

Of course Lynne, join my club!

I spend more time inside when it is hot outside
My car is in the garage so when I do go out, I run it a few minutes before I leave for errands and it cools quickly

When out, temps hold at even 88, it starts to feel sticky here

Then makes it ripe to create a 20% chance of rain bursts

I can deal with temps 89 and under
Temps past that suck the air out of me
Not fond when it is 90 and up
Our temps are predicted to rise in the 90’s starting Tuesday

And expect a quick pass over rain shower when the 90’s come to stay

Tink, you could have driven
to my house to watch the GoT
We have more than one tv in the house and an extra bedroom

It was just last week I figured out it was a tv show.....I’ve never watched it

Hope all the homies have a great week!

Next year he’ll get a sixth week woohoo another week to play with :)

Nice!! Can never have enough vacation time!!:thumbsup2

As well you should be proud! Congrats on raising another smart kid, as evidenced by the choice of locale for the party...nevermind the academic awards :). JK does he have plans in place for employment or further education?

:laughing: Yep- smart vacation choice, indeed! Troy has a summer internship at a local advertising company doing design work. His ultimate goal is to relocate to Orlando and get a job there before the end of the year. He doesn't want to spend another winter in Buffalo! :confused3 So I guess we'll look at Orlando trips as job hunting opportunities! :thumbsup2

So cute!

Told her I had no room in my fridge for all of them and she said, who puts eggs in the fridge, leave them out on the counter

I did until this morning until one of the cats tried to break the eggshell with the one tooth she has

I had no idea you could leave eggs out! Maybe just the fresh from the farm eggs only? And you're right, if I did leave them out they would be viewed as toys by the cats!

Never touch the red button...lesson learned.

We have Directv and I thought we've reset it by pressing the red button. Yikes! What a pain to be without tv! On vacation, I use my chromebook to stream some tv shows. Maybe that can help get through the next two days! Enjoy your days off!:)

I get to join the club today. Seems 90 is the high, and summer like hot, humid, and hazy,

Sounds great! :sunny: We had 86 yesterday, but rain (MORE RAIN!!:crazy2:) moved in and brought temps down to the 60s.
Pace yourself if you walk at lunch today- so hot!!

Happy Monday all!! Day off today! Have so much housework to do! I'm already sore from the yardwork we've done the last few days! I've grocery shopped this morning on Instacart! :thumbsup2 Time to get moving on cleaning soon!
Have a great day all!!

338259.gif

Monday again! 5 more days of work (6 including today).
More major storms on the way-looked out as I got my lunch and think I should do a car run for my umbrella. And I have to get gas on way home too...
Cuties!

I turned on the TV after I arrived home from work to rewatch GoT and get ready for the big finale tonight and the signal kept cutting out...called Directv as this is an ongoing problem and I made the mistake of listening to the automated lady who said to reset the system...now there are no channels :headache: and the tech couldn't help me so I have to wait until Tuesday for my service to be fixed. Never touch the red button...lesson learned.
Hmm we have used red button to reset as well-there is a way to manually set up channels and test satellite strength-wonder if your dish got knocked slightly off kilter.
I had no idea you could leave eggs out! Maybe just the fresh from the farm eggs only? And you're right, if I did leave them out they would be viewed as toys by the cats!
Yes ONLY unwashed and fresh eggs, as they still have the protective"bloom" on them that keeps out bacteria and air. Our stupid food system requires eggs that are sold to be washed (which washes off the bloom) and then because now they are vulnerable to bacteria, run through bleach, and then kept cold. I frequently leave eggs out-especially if I want to remind peeps to eat them!

Me and Lola yesterday-she wanted to sit on me and kept trying to climb higher...
IMG_1197.JPG

Robo enjoy your next holiday with grandson! KSC is fun.

Thanks Sue....hope you are feeling better. We are looking forward to our visit to KSC.

Robo love the Minions!!!! And like Sue-we love KSC(currently DH has the annual pass there) and last few trips have spent time there or cocoa beach. *sigh-just need to move to Florida...

Grandson is really looking forward to KSC.

Have 6 days of work before official vacation time
Today is Dh's oldest dtr bday-exactly one year ago we met her for first time. We've all reflected on how it seems we've known each other longer than a year!! even the boy was amazed at only being a year as he's kinda reserved around new people.

Happy belated birthday to your oldest daughter.

599D58FA-A88F-4265-8DB8-86AEF0B17594.gif

Robo, hope you are doing well. And woot to you for the single digit countdown. So nice to travel with grandson.

Doing well, Thank you Lynne. Love the pics of you and your daughter at the zoo.

The Grad party will be held at the request of the graduate (yep- twist our arms, Troy!) In ORLANDO!! We leave 5/23!!:goodvibes

Happy Graduation to your Troy pattyw. I know that you and Joe are very proud of him. You leave the day after we do for Orlando. Best wishes for Troy and his internship and future job plans.

7FF3035D-1744-4679-95F6-1F65A4112A0E.gif

hi to mac, Carole, Lynne, Charade, monyk, Robo, sue, and anyone else who is reading along.

Hey! Tink :wave:....Sorry to hear of the issues with you TV.....sending mummy dust your way that things start looking up for you dear lady.

Need to run out to Eyemart and take glasses back...I wear glasses when I drive and I had eye exam and new glasses made last week. When I picked them up I told the girl that they were a tad blurry. She said to give it a few days. Still not right. I have never had a problem like this before. The eye doctor actually said my eyes were a bit better. So they told me to bring them in....I felt this eye doctor was a bit fast on the eye exam. Never used Eyemart before. My insurance covers eye exam and glasses there this year.

Will bring suitcase down when I get home.

:wave: Mac, Keisha, Schumi, Charade, CKMiles, Agavegirl1, RFF, Bobbie68 and all the Sans family

Monykalyn oldest sounds like she’ll be having a great summer! Hope your area is safe from the tornadoes. So scary. Hope you enjoy your hard sided spinner. Our Winners (TJ Max in the US) always has tons of them. I’ve stuck with the soft sided spinners. Get good price from Costco for Samsonite.
$1k car repair :scared: yikes.
Charlie sleeping on you, so cute.
6 day countdown yay!

Lynne thanks for well wishes! Hope you enjoyed the zoo.

Monykalyn wow your school’s get out early! My dads fav team was the Cardinals! I’ve heard good reviews of Drury. Mainly the Orlando one.

Mac I can’t imagine having to start school in August! It wouldn’t work in northern schools as August is one of our best months. Nobody wants to have May off here in trade for August. Too iffy. Weather is all over the place in May. Yesterday we were enjoying sunshine and patio. Today cold, and drizzling.

Keishashadow we have a portable AC unit for living room. Bedrooms all have ceiling fans. Never needed AC here. But climate changes are real. Past few summers have been brutal. We never used to have long heat waves. Now it’s all we have. And fires.
I def don’t win dental war. I didn’t have the great dental care they have now. And it wasn’t cause we couldn’t afford it. My uncle was our dentist. They just didn’t do routine cleanings, fluoride treatments, etc when I was a kid. And I remember when they finally fluoridated the water. I’m really dating myself! It was a big uproar,! My daughters have great teeth, one has a filling the other nothing. I think it doesn’t have anything to do with genetics, and more to do with dental care advances. My DH also has a mouth full of fillings!

Charade congrats to B. One of the speakers at youngest DD’s high school grad was quite good, he injected a lot of humour into his speech. I think it may have been the mayor. The rest of it is just looooong! Lol, I had to look up Baccalaureate because here it means a Bachelors degree and I was sure she was graduating high school. We use different terminology I’ve noticed. We do refer to grade 12 as senior year, but don’t refer to other grades as sophomore, junior, etc.
I had to think about SS too! The penny did drop! We call it Sunday school too. So I’m glad I don’t have to think about another name as regardless of the name it will be Sunday school to me too.

Pattyw great pic! Congrats to Troy. My grad (Bachelors of Social Work) requested Orlando too. Funny how that happens lol! We had a great trip. Sadly she prob won’t walk the stage. She has her Bachelors credential but she found out if she takes 3 more courses she can also graduate with a Criminology diploma. So she’s taking those classes now in summer session. The college has a stupid rule (imo) that you have to graduate with the lesser degree first before higher degree. So they’re not letting her grad with her class, she has to defer it till next June and grad with that year. She won’t want to do that as she doesn’t know that class. Won’t mean anything to her so she’ll prob just ask them to mail her diploma :sad1: She had gone to her academic advisor but they wouldn’t make an exception for her. So sad.

Keishashadow haha, doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue! I can see why it’s shortened to CCD. My friends church just called it Parish School.

I’m fond of 3 week vacays. My daughter (oldest) and I have usually spent 10 days in August at Deerfield Beach, then drive up to Orlando for 2 weeks. But not happening this Aug. I just spent 7 days in Deerfield with youngest dd then 10 days at Universal. So 17 days. I was good with it but would have liked 10 days in Deerfield/Ft. Lauderdale. However she had to get back, summer classes started. At least I don’t have to worry about the dogs. My husband stays home. He’s not into theme parks. So they’re solely mom/daughter trips.

Lynne nice zoo pics. Yay for new AC coming Wednesday! We had a choice when we recently put in new high efficiency furnace and hot water on demand to do AC. But the choice was either the hot water on demand system or AC. The DH has been wanting hot water on demand for years, I didn’t have it in me to push for AC. So will make due with ceiling fans and portable AC. If it gets to unbearable I can always retreat down to basement rec room. It stays cool in summer.

Mac that had me laughing visualizing your cat with one tooth breaking into an egg! A friend of ours who raises chickens was just by to pick up DH to go see a friend of theirs in hospital and brought over a dozen eggs. Always nice having fresh eggs.
Wow 2x a week mowing! When it gets hot here the lawns die off cause it gets dry too. My husband likes it cause he doesn’t have to mow! Sheesh.
57 & rainy here. Yesterday was enjoying the patio.

Tink, seems a recurrent theme here of our kids requesting Orlando Grad! We’ve taught them well lol!
Oldest and I were invited to youngest’s house to watch GOT and her feed was getting interrupted too, ugh. 3 times! Oh the shouts! There were a few of us watching. I have it recorded so I’m going to watch again, just to digest everything. I don’t think we missed much. Seems a lot of people were having problems with feed. Watching news this morning another oops made it onto the set. This time a plastic water bottle.
Never push the red button! Lol.

Lynne cute Groot!

Monykalyn cute Lola pic! Do the older girls socialize with you?

Robo hope you get glasses sorted out. We never go to the optometrists in those stores. I’m sure some may be good. But I stick to one that has his own office. Been going to him for years. He was recommended by my doctor and he’s been really good.

Enjoy your Monday everyone. No plans today. Dreary day here. But have to go to grocery store for a few things and I’m out of milk for my morning coffee. Don’t know what I want for dinner. Maybe some pasta.

Good day all, day three of wondering if I have allergies or cold, just enough to be carrying tissues in my pockets & a Vick’s inhaler which always seems to make things feel better lol. Rx of Flonase doing squat. No idea what’s in season here. Had that yellow pollen thing before we left but not seeing it coat everything in the am’s since home so ruling that suspect out. Anybody else having their seasonal allergies?

Mac - if Luna is working it with only one tooth, she is one smart cat

Monyk - u ever have a chickie try to roost on your noggin?

It is crazy windy here today, temps dropped a good 15 degrees but still sunny and pleasant. Looks like tornados are really firing up for Midwest, eek. Hope they catch a break!
Hi everybody :wave:

Finally got a few days off starting tomorrow so I can catch up.

Congrats to Troy ...love the idea for an Orlando celebration. Danielle also chose Orlando for her graduation trip.

Welcome back keisha and hi to mac, Carole, Lynne, Charade, monyk, Robo, sue, and anyone else who is reading along.

Guess I'll go to bed early tonight.

Good night everyone...sweet dreams :cat:

Oh no, saw on news there were outages for those using the app to watch. From what i gather discussing it with most today, appears i’m In distinct minority thinking things wrapped up as well as could be expected. Know a prequel in works but I smell one, if not several sequels as long as the players don’t get too greedy.:)

Nice!! Can never have enough vacation time!!:thumbsup2

:laughing: Yep- smart vacation choice, indeed! Troy has a summer internship at a local advertising company doing design work. His ultimate goal is to relocate to Orlando and get a job there before the end of the year. He doesn't want to spend another winter in Buffalo! :confused3 So I guess we'll look at Orlando trips as job hunting opportunities! :thumbsup2

So cute!

We have Directv and I thought we've reset it by pressing the red button. Yikes! What a pain to be without tv! On vacation, I use my chromebook to stream some tv shows. Maybe that can help get through the next two days! Enjoy your days off!:)

Sounds great! :sunny: We had 86 yesterday, but rain (MORE RAIN!!:crazy2:) moved in and brought temps down to the 60s.
Pace yourself if you walk at lunch today- so hot!!

Happy Monday all!! Day off today! Have so much housework to do! I'm already sore from the yardwork we've done the last few days! I've grocery shopped this morning on Instacart! :thumbsup2 Time to get moving on cleaning soon!
Have a great day all!!

338259.gif

Woohoo, yet another good reason to book those long weekends to FL :). Congrats on the internship, the good ones seem to be in rather short supply these days.

Climbing up on my cheap mom soapbox :). I remember being shocked when DS told me one was required during regular junior year as a course credit & you had to pay for it.:rolleyes1 I can see unpaid to get experience. They offered a job/industry unrelated to his major of all things. Haha no way, had them sub-in his existing part time job and he managed to graduate on time. Did do traditional summer internships he drummed up on his own, but only a few days each week while he worked for that green stuff:).

DTV always seems to say push the red button first thing before that long customer service call. I’m thinking they were doing damage control.

Vicki - i’d Ask for an account credit for the inconvenience. Last month negotiated my bill in half with no contract. ATT was a bit tougher nut to initially crack, declined last year to do anything. Go figure.

Vicki....how awful! Hope you manage to see it without hearing too many spoilers.......good luck with that! I was in the Club Lounge for breakfast this morning and we were chatting with one of the staff who loves it as well.....and we both mentioned something that happened and the table next to us yelled laughing they hadn’t seen it yet......they were ok about it and laughed but I felt bad.....I’d never spoil it for someone.....so I just said oh wait till the spaceship comes down to pick everyone up......lol.....

Robo.....we love P.F. Chang’s.......haven’t been in a while but it’s always been good quality and fabulous portions, and we didn’t find it expensive at all......we did plan to go last night but ended up in Kobe.......I’m sure you’d enjoy it, nice place with good service......a little noisy though.......But, I do have quite a weird mall story to tell in my trip report......::yes::

MonyK nice chick picture........yes, we get eggs from the farm next to us and we were always told never to wash them......and leave them out.....never kept a fresh egg in the fridge. Almost time for your trip.......:flower1:

Keisha.....high winds??? But still warm......good luck with the allergies if that’s what it is......I woke up this morning my nose was all blocked.......thought it was the beginning of a cold, but we went to Lake Eola yesterday and someone said some kind of pollen is high........so, not much help to you though there am I......lol.....hope it improves......

mac.......glad you have the heat you enjoy again.....yep, chores out of the way early and then in the AC! Enjoy it......

Haven’t caught up with everyone today.........quick glance through...........

Just back from the beach, went to New Smyrna again as we were washed out with thunderstorms and love bugs last week.........today is 96 and it feels it.......very hot......but anyone coming down the love bugs are disappearing ........this is the worst we’ve ever seen them......May or September.........hopefully that’ll be them for a while.....

Beach was beautiful, had a paddle as I don’t swim........think I may even be a little brown......:sunny: just a little.....hope it doesn’t disappear before I get home as my friends often say I come home whiter than I left!

Having the greatest time again......hardly touched the parks this visit........some resort time, some travelling around and some time with friends here.......and even a snooze or two........::yes::

Two weeks just isn’t enough! Home to the UK on Wednesday........

Oh quite enjoyed GoT........didn’t hate it like some people did........

Now to decide what to do tonight........:scratchin

Hope all are well..........:wave2:

Vicki....how awful! Hope you manage to see it without hearing too many spoilers.......good luck with that! I was in the Club Lounge for breakfast this morning and we were chatting with one of the staff who loves it as well.....and we both mentioned something that happened and the table next to us yelled laughing they hadn’t seen it yet......they were ok about it and laughed but I felt bad.....I’d never spoil it for someone.....so I just said oh wait till the spaceship comes down to pick everyone up......lol.....

Robo.....we love P.F. Chang’s.......haven’t been in a while but it’s always been good quality and fabulous portions, and we didn’t find it expensive at all......we did plan to go last night but ended up in Kobe.......I’m sure you’d enjoy it, nice place with good service......a little noisy though.......But, I do have quite a weird mall story to tell in my trip report......::yes::

MonyK nice chick picture........yes, we get eggs from the farm next to us and we were always told never to wash them......and leave them out.....never kept a fresh egg in the fridge. Almost time for your trip.......:flower1:

Keisha.....high winds??? But still warm......good luck with the allergies if that’s what it is......I woke up this morning my nose was all blocked.......thought it was the beginning of a cold, but we went to Lake Eola yesterday and someone said some kind of pollen is high........so, not much help to you though there am I......lol.....hope it improves......

mac.......glad you have the heat you enjoy again.....yep, chores out of the way early and then in the AC! Enjoy it......

Haven’t caught up with everyone today.........quick glance through...........

Just back from the beach, went to New Smyrna again as we were washed out with thunderstorms and love bugs last week.........today is 96 and it feels it.......very hot......but anyone coming down the love bugs are disappearing ........this is the worst we’ve ever seen them......May or September.........hopefully that’ll be them for a while.....

Beach was beautiful, had a paddle as I don’t swim........think I may even be a little brown......:sunny: just a little.....hope it doesn’t disappear before I get home as my friends often say I come home whiter than I left!

Having the greatest time again......hardly touched the parks this visit........some resort time, some travelling around and some time with friends here.......and even a snooze or two........::yes::

Two weeks just isn’t enough! Home to the UK on Wednesday........

Oh quite enjoyed GoT........didn’t hate it like some people did........

Now to decide what to do tonight........:scratchin

Hope all are well..........:wave2:

2 weeks sounds long but coming all that way, can’t say I blame you wanting a longer/full trip. Enjoy the remainder of the trip.

Never dipped a foot into the water @ new Smyrna, they say the shark capital of US:confused3 hope you have some more pics on the TR of it

Seasonal allergies in my house Keisha. High record of trees and grass pollen, with lesser of weeds pollen, and high for mold too. My poor older one is medicated, as does not matter which creates the pollen, he is allergic to it. Still have yellow on car, so not done here. Maybe you have a cold mixing with some allergic reactions. Either way, hope you feel better soon.

Me and Lola yesterday-she wanted to sit on me and kept trying to climb higher...

She is beautiful!!:)

Happy Graduation to your Troy pattyw. I know that you and Joe are very proud of him. You leave the day after we do for Orlando. Best wishes for Troy and his internship and future job plans.

Thanks, Robo!! Have a great trip!! We're at Disney exclusively this trip and I thin you're only at UO, so we won't be able to meet up this time. Looks like scorching temps in Orlando this weekend!:sunny:

She has her Bachelors credential but she found out if she takes 3 more courses she can also graduate with a Criminology diploma. So she’s taking those classes now in summer session.

That's great she can get the dual degrees! Bummer about not being able to attend this year's ceremony, but more important that she get the other degree !!:thumbsup2

Did do traditional summer internships he drummed up on his own, but only a few days each week while he worked for that green stuff:)

Yep- the schools don't seem to help with internships much! Good that DS found them on his own! But the kids still need to make $$!!

Busy with cleaning- just taking a quick break! Clouds moving in and MORE RAIN!!!:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter