Someday is sooner than you think...a March 2011 PTR

Yay for one night at Pop!!!
What a great way to start the trip :goodvibes
I think it will be fun!!

Oh my gosh, how funny that your DD wants to go to school on her birthday instead of skipping it! I can't see either of my kids turning down a day of missing school. Of course, they would be very suspicious because I'm like you - I never let them miss school without good reason!

I'm so impressed that you've been able to keep the secret, I know my big mouth would have opened already and the beans would be spilled :laughing:
I have been having a hard time lately. We've been going through the girls' clothes and I have had to bite my tongue from saying something like "you can wear this on the cruise" Luckily, they know we might go to FL, so we're talking in a lot of hypotheticals. It's funny, DH and I have been talking a lot about plans, tickets, etc. and they are just oblivious!! We keep saying things about wanting to cruise the Dream or go to Alaska and just saying "if" and "someday".

We have stayed at Pop 3 times and really like it. I hadn't heard that about the pool. I guess I am glad we are not going now at that time. We are thinking of taking the Dream on March 31st at this point and time. But things always change when it comes to my DH. He just likes to wait till last minute.

I think Pop will be fun for us - even though it's for one night only. I'm going to try to make it special for Sarah's birthday. I hope we get there early enough in the evening. It ill be funny when we get up in the morning and leave again for parts unknown to them!!!

So I officially booked our night at Pop today!!! :cool1:
I had a gift card that covered all but .41!! I had to put .41 on a Visa!!! How dumb is that? The smallest thing that will be on my bill for sure by far!!!

Next up - the big ticket debate!
Do we get any APs? Do we get just 5 day tickets? Hmmmm... I feel a math headache coming on.

A question for you AP holders - what kinds of discounts do you get with them? any restaurants? Do you buy the Tables in Wonderland card? Any help and advice is much appreciated!!!

Just so you know - we are sort of contemplating a short fall trip during October break. But I'm still thinking I might not get back until next winter. If we go in February, the APs would still be good. We will get a discount for being DVC, so it is about $150 more than a 5 day ticket.

In response to your AP question, this info may help (not sure how up-to-date it is, but the discounts are at the bottom):

http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm

Our biggest benefit was the up to 45% room discounts, but I'm not sure how much that helps you since you have DVC now.

Tables in Wonderland way more than paid for itself for us!!! Definitely recommended if you'll be having even a few TS meals. :thumbsup2 Pretty much all TS restaurants take it and it's a 20% discount. The one we found that didn't was Yak & Yeti and they still gave us an AP discount.

I believe we got 10% off merchandise everywhere on our last trip, but that might have just been a limited time thing. In the past, I think the discount was just at World of Disney and a few other places.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Of course, the big thing to consider with APs, your DH's "ideas", and your DVC is that you may "justify" taking more trips than planned... :rotfl:

Yeah - just saw this link for your PTR!!!!! I was hoping you would write one! Now back to read, but probably later today. Cruising this time, right?

Girl...you better not spill the beans!!! I know you are so excited and have lots to do before then, but you always get it done!! LOL....Glad you had such a productive weekend-that's awesome!!

Don't worry about the Hippy Dippy pool being closed. It's always the busiest and the only "feature" about it is the Flower Shower sprayers (I personally don't like getting sprayed by water anyways). Nothing major. We LOVED the bowling pin pool because it was always quiet and never crowded.

We bought APs last year with our DVC discount. I got some shopping discounts and purchased TiW, which I like more than the dining plan. If you're going to buy APs, I would make sure that you're going to use it enough to see a savings. We used ours in August for 8 park days, in November for 3 park days, and have 13 days scheduled for August 2011. The APs saved us $$$.

Sheree, just stopped over to invite you to the new trip report. The link is in my siggie!

Then the next day, when they think they're going to a park, we'll mess with them again, and say, Nope, we're heading to Ft. Myers! I'm sure they'll be bummed! :laughing: That's sort of mean isn't it?

No, I think it's AWESOME! :rotfl:

Pop will be a GREAT surprise! Oooh, this is going to be so much fun!

I just saw an update that the Hippy Dippy Pool at Pop will be closed from 2/14 - 3/11 for refurb!! I'm going to try not to be totally bummed about that! We might not have a chance to swim anyway. But that looked like the fun pool. I hope the other pools, the computer and bowling pool are just as good for our one night. They are open.

Don't worry about the Hippy Dippy pool being closed. It's always the busiest and the only "feature" about it is the Flower Shower sprayers (I personally don't like getting sprayed by water anyways). Nothing major. We LOVED the bowling pin pool because it was always quiet and never crowded.

I totally agree with Meghan on this! The one night we spent at POP in January of 2009 we were right by the Bowling Pin pool and didn't even go over to the Hippy! It was fine! :goodvibes

Your surprise plans sound pretty good! I am willing to start laying bets on how far you actually get before the girls figure it out tho!!! :rolleyes1 ;)

I think you should TOTALLY gof or the AP!!! You totally know you can't be away from that place for a whole year! ;) Do it!!! You wont regret it!!! :)

Ok, so if you leave Tuesday evening, will you get to Pop Wednesday evening? Is that planning any stops? Do you two alternate and one sleeps while the other drives?

I have to admit I'm super nervous about this possibly driving thing so need someone to hold my hand here. How long (hour-wise) does it typically take you to get there?

Color me stupid. I hate long car trips. I don't know if I can do this. Darn airline prices!

I am also wondering how long your drive is?

I can't wait to read all about your cruise. I really want to take one in 2012!

In response to your AP question, this info may help (not sure how up-to-date it is, but the discounts are at the bottom):

http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm

Our biggest benefit was the up to 45% room discounts, but I'm not sure how much that helps you since you have DVC now.

Tables in Wonderland way more than paid for itself for us!!! Definitely recommended if you'll be having even a few TS meals. :thumbsup2 Pretty much all TS restaurants take it and it's a 20% discount. The one we found that didn't was Yak & Yeti and they still gave us an AP discount.

I believe we got 10% off merchandise everywhere on our last trip, but that might have just been a limited time thing. In the past, I think the discount was just at World of Disney and a few other places.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Of course, the big thing to consider with APs, your DH's "ideas", and your DVC is that you may "justify" taking more trips than planned... :rotfl:
Thanks for all the info!! I'm working a fall trip angle, but it is so expensive to fly down there!!!

Girl...you better not spill the beans!!! I know you are so excited and have lots to do before then, but you always get it done!! LOL....Glad you had such a productive weekend-that's awesome!!
Oh, we're hanging in there. Paige wants to know and Sarah doesn't, but she keeps trying to guess. It's okay if they figure out it's Florida, because we've let them know there are other things to do besides WDW :-)scared1:) and how expensive it is to go again!! HA! The weekend was great for getting stuff done. I did sort of blow off my parents, who were after me to come up and help them learn their new laptop. Believe me, I'm no expert!

That's good to hear Meghan! I don't know that we'd get a chance to swim anyway, so it's really a non-issue!

We bought APs last year with our DVC discount. I got some shopping discounts and purchased TiW, which I like more than the dining plan. If you're going to buy APs, I would make sure that you're going to use it enough to see a savings. We used ours in August for 8 park days, in November for 3 park days, and have 13 days scheduled for August 2011. The APs saved us $$$.
Yeah, someone said that if you use it for 10 days, you'll be good. I'll need another 5 in the next year. Hmmm...

No, I think it's AWESOME! :rotfl:

Pop will be a GREAT surprise! Oooh, this is going to be so much fun!
Oh, I'm going for it! They will go CRAZY when we pull into the port!

I totally agree with Meghan on this! The one night we spent at POP in January of 2009 we were right by the Bowling Pin pool and didn't even go over to the Hippy! It was fine! :goodvibes

Your surprise plans sound pretty good! I am willing to start laying bets on how far you actually get before the girls figure it out tho!!! :rolleyes1 ;)

I think you should TOTALLY gof or the AP!!! You totally know you can't be away from that place for a whole year! ;) Do it!!! You wont regret it!!! :)
Okay - the pool at Pop will no longer be a concern. Heaven knows I can find other things to ponder and worry about!!
We will get all the way to Florida and they will think we're going to see Dave's sister. I'm almost sure of it. Assuming we can keep our mouths shut!! When they see WDW signs, then they'll think....maybe?
I really had not planned on going back to WDW for a while (I've said that before, haven't I??). We are SUPPOSED to be saving and planning for our Europe trip in 2012. Going back to WDW doesn't help that idea. Had I only known in July that I'd be gong back in March, I would have bought APs then!!

Ok, so if you leave Tuesday evening, will you get to Pop Wednesday evening? Is that planning any stops? Do you two alternate and one sleeps while the other drives?

I have to admit I'm super nervous about this possibly driving thing so need someone to hold my hand here. How long (hour-wise) does it typically take you to get there?

Color me stupid. I hate long car trips. I don't know if I can do this. Darn airline prices!

Another one wondering how long your drive is...

I am also wondering how long your drive is?

I can't wait to read all about your cruise. I really want to take one in 2012!

The drive is 1550 miles, give or take a few. It takes us 24 hours with minimal stopping. We will stop for gas/bathroom/food. But we don't usually linger long. This would be us leaving around 4 or 5 p.m. on Tuesday and DH will do most of the driving, especially at night. I usually sleep quite a bit during the night. I will drive during the day some so he can rest. We are hoping (depending on weather) that we will arrive by dinner time on Wednesday. Of course, we lose an hour with the time change to Eastern time too.
On previous trips, we sometimes would stop at night and just drive during the day. We would plan on two full days driving.
But now - hotels, even the cheapy ones on the freeway, are at least $100 a night. Luckily, DH likes to drive, can stay awake all night, and our kids will sleep in the car. I'm actually the one who complains the most!! HA! But it gets me where I want to go and saves a lot of money, so I suffer through it.

OK, we're about the same distance away as you are. We've been thinking about making that drive the end of May...

OK, we're about the same distance away as you are. We've been thinking about making that drive the end of May...

We're driving too Anita - first time, I swore I'd never drive that far, but airlines tickets are just too high :sad2:

I hope I don't look like this :scared: when we get there! :laughing:

We're driving too Anita - first time, I swore I'd never drive that far, but airlines tickets are just too high :sad2:

I hope I don't look like this :scared: when we get there! :laughing:

You aren't driving straight to Disney are you? I thought you were going somewhere first...

You aren't driving straight to Disney are you? I thought you were going somewhere first...

You're right, on the way out we are going to Atlanta first, but that's like 14 hours! (I need my fainting smilie, but I'm too lazy to open photobucket :rolleyes: ) We are going to KSC after the cruise, driving for 6 or 7 hours that night, then the rest of the way home the next day. I'm NOT looking forward to that part!

Sorry for the highjack Sheree! :flower3:

Not to worry - hijack away! It makes me feel better to know that there are other people who drive long distances to get to WDW. They probably don't all drive straight through overnight, but....

Did you guys see the Dream Christening this morning??? I tried to watch it on line during work, but I had to sit in the courtroom, so I couldn't listen. :mad: I will watch it over again... and again...! Quite a spectacle that's for sure!!
Jennifer Hudson is the godmother - she got her performing start working on the Disney Wonder! Kind of cool!!! I know lots of others were hoping for a bigger Disney star - like Julie Andrews. I would have LOVED that!!!

We're probably going to have to drive too. Flying six people to Florida is pretty much highway robbery. Does your husband catch up on sleep when you arrive then Sheree?

We're probably going to have to drive too. Flying six people to Florida is pretty much highway robbery. Does your husband catch up on sleep when you arrive then Sheree?

He'll get some sleep during the day when I drive, but usually he just adjusts. We don't typically stay up super late (rarely past 11) so after a day, he's usually fine. I might suggest having the first day of the trip NOT be an early EMH kind of day and maybe not a late night!!

I can't imagine flying 6 people! I'd need some benefactor to donate some frequent flyer miles!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter