Some of the new kids menu scans:

I keep hoping things will change by October when we go again. Otherwise we will be paying for some desserts OOP to keep the peace.

man, where's the grilled cheese at WCC. Some of the new "healthier" items suck for pickier eaters. My son is severly underweight and allowed to eat hight calorie items.

man, where's the grilled cheese at WCC. Some of the new "healthier" items suck for pickier eaters. My son is severly underweight and allowed to eat hight calorie items.

From what I understand, the kids menu from WCC includes mac & cheese and cheeseburger (both high calorie and kid pleasers, methinks), in addition to the grilled chicken and canyon skillet (for $2 more, but includes ribs, bbq pork, and roasted chicken). I think that's enough to cover most kids. Sorry, but every picky kids' individual preferences can't be accommodated everywhere.

I spoke with the chef so that DD can get her the grilled cheese at WCC. She doesn't eat burgers or chicken so we really need the grilled cheese! LOL!

I spoke with the chef so that DD can get her the grilled cheese at WCC. She doesn't eat burgers or chicken so we really need the grilled cheese! LOL!

I think next time I am at a Disney restaurant, I will ask the chef if they can make my daughter tacos, she really loves those.

C'mon people. I agree that Disney went a little too far with their kids menu thing when they started, but I think they have found a pretty good happy medium now. No, not every restaurant carries every picky eating kid's favorite (whether that be chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, PB&J, hamburgers, pizza, whatever) but they shouldn't have to. They have a few "kid friendly" options on the menu, and a few "healthy" options. I have never agreed with special ordering for kids or adults unless there is some health, dietary, or religious/cultural issue. If your kid only eats one thing, that's your problem, not the restaurants.

I think next time I am at a Disney restaurant, I will ask the chef if they can make my daughter tacos, she really loves those.

C'mon people. I agree that Disney went a little too far with their kids menu thing when they started, but I think they have found a pretty good happy medium now. No, not every restaurant carries every picky eating kid's favorite (whether that be chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, PB&J, hamburgers, pizza, whatever) but they shouldn't have to. They have a few "kid friendly" options on the menu, and a few "healthy" options. I have never agreed with special ordering for kids or adults unless there is some health, dietary, or religious/cultural issue. If your kid only eats one thing, that's your problem, not the restaurants.

They go out of their way for people with allergies. They do the same for kids with sensory issues. My DD doesn't eat much because of this. Seems like the only one with the problem is YOU.

They go out of their way for people with allergies. They do the same for kids with sensory issues. My DD doesn't eat much because of this. Seems like the only one with the problem is YOU.

I said I understand special ordering for medical reasons, allergy or otherwise. I don't quite understand why there is a "sensory issue" with hamburgers (or some other similar food) vs. grilled cheese, however.

I said I understand special ordering for medical reasons, allergy or otherwise. I don't quite understand why there is a "sensory issue" with hamburgers (or some other similar food) vs. grilled cheese, however.

You wouldn't understand. I just don't know why anyone would have a problem with special requests when it has nothing to do with them. I don't care if some kid eats nuggets morning, noon, and night and has no medical reason for it. If that is what he wants, that is what he wants. Not my kid nor my business. It just wouldn't cross my mind to even think about it.

You wouldn't understand. I just don't know why anyone would have a problem with special requests when it has nothing to do with them. I don't care if some kid eats nuggets morning, noon, and night and has no medical reason for it. If that is what he wants, that is what he wants. Not my kid nor my business. It just wouldn't cross my mind to even think about it.

Your right, it isn't my business. I guess I shouldn't care either, and should feel lucky my kids have a reasonably varied palette. If someone lets there kids eat only chicken nuggets or grilled cheese or hot dogs or whatever, that's their prerogative, although I don't think its very healthy. I'm not a doctor, so I am not going to argue the sensory/texture thing, although I admit I am skeptical.

My point is that restaurants shouldn't have to cater to someone's extremely limited tastes, adult or child. Asking for variations or reasonable changes to a menu item for taste or preference is one thing. Asking for something that is not even on the menu, or expecting the exact item that their kid prefers be on every menu, is another. Obviously, if there is a medical issue, religious restriction, etc., a restaurant should try to be accommodating, but even then a restaurant can't be expected to be able to provide everything or anything someone wants/needs.

Granted, your example of grilled cheese is a reasonably easy thing for many restaurants to provide, and if the restaurant is willing to do it, fine I guess. But what if the restaurant doesn't have plain sliced bread and normal american cheese, rather some fancy baguette bread and swiss or provolone cheese? I'll bet 90% of those kids who will only eat grilled cheese are too picky to eat a "different" grilled cheese made with those kinds of ingredients. And what about those kids who will only eat PB&J, or chicken nuggets, etc. Should the restaurant be expected to have to items available, and in a style the kids will accept?

My point is, I have just seen too many posts of this board about parents in an uproar when the child’s favorite (or only acceptable) meal isn't available on a menu, and in a further uproar if the restaurant says it can't make special requests. Then don't eat there. It's their problem, not the restaurants. This probably isn't reflective of your situation, it's just bugs me every time this issue is brought up.

Uconn, I had to call ahead and speak to the chef about DD's grilled cheese so they are sure to have the stuff there to make it. It wasn't a problem for him or any of the other chefs I spoke with. I also had to make sure there were certain foods there for the other two kids traveling in our party. They have milk, egg, nut, and peanut allergies! Those chefs are amazing and willing to work with anyone. I do wish my DD would eat more foods. Her older siblings ate everything but not this one. I have been working on her for weeks just to try chicken! LOL!

Uconn, I had to call ahead and speak to the chef about DD's grilled cheese so they are sure to have the stuff there to make it. It wasn't a problem for him or any of the other chefs I spoke with. I also had to make sure there were certain foods there for the other two kids traveling in our party. They have milk, egg, nut, and peanut allergies! Those chefs are amazing and willing to work with anyone. I do wish my DD would eat more foods. Her older siblings ate everything but not this one. I have been working on her for weeks just to try chicken! LOL!

If the restaurant is fine with doing it, i have no reason to argue, particularly for the allergy reasons (my wife too has some allergies she must be conscious of).

It is people who cause an uproar if the restaurant can't always accommodate them that really gets me annoyed. I just hope that people who do ask for special requests are doing it for legitimate reasons, because they are creating more work for the chefs who already work in a fast paced, high stress environment, and not just because little Johnny only likes chicken nuggets.

My point is that restaurants shouldn't have to cater to someone's extremely limited tastes, adult or child. Asking for variations or reasonable changes to a menu item for taste or preference is one thing. Asking for something that is not even on the menu, or expecting the exact item that their kid prefers be on every menu, is another.
To be clear, I don't see anything wrong with "asking" -- for anything, ever. The problem is when people go beyond "asking" -- when their request comes with baggage. Both "yes" and "no" are both appropriate and reasonable responses to a special request, and both responses should be received without rancor. Folks should never consider a negative response to a special request to be "bad service". It isn't "superior" service, perhaps, but just because a special request is denied does not mean that the service you receive based on what the restaurant actually offers isn't "good" service.

My point is, I have just seen too many posts of this board about parents in an uproar when the child’s favorite (or only acceptable) meal isn't available on a menu, and in a further uproar if the restaurant says it can't make special requests. Then don't eat there. It's their problem, not the restaurants. This probably isn't reflective of your situation, it's just bugs me every time this issue is brought up.
:thumbsup2 I agree. It sometimes seems that there is way too much of a sense of entitlement floating around.

I noticed that it is stated the moose isn't a child's desert at le cellier, how does it work if the child wants this for a desert, or is that even a possibility?
Also has the child's menu at le cellier or wcc changed any in the past couple of months?

If you want an item that is not included in the Dining Plan, or part of a complete child meal that you purchase, you can purchase the item separately.

Just took GDS(5) to Arby's where he chose Turkey and cheese and fruit cup over chicken nuggets and fries!! Go figure!!

well said.

Your right, it isn't my business. I guess I shouldn't care either, and should feel lucky my kids have a reasonably varied palette. If someone lets there kids eat only chicken nuggets or grilled cheese or hot dogs or whatever, that's their prerogative, although I don't think its very healthy. I'm not a doctor, so I am not going to argue the sensory/texture thing, although I admit I am skeptical.

My point is that restaurants shouldn't have to cater to someone's extremely limited tastes, adult or child. Asking for variations or reasonable changes to a menu item for taste or preference is one thing. Asking for something that is not even on the menu, or expecting the exact item that their kid prefers be on every menu, is another. Obviously, if there is a medical issue, religious restriction, etc., a restaurant should try to be accommodating, but even then a restaurant can't be expected to be able to provide everything or anything someone wants/needs.

Granted, your example of grilled cheese is a reasonably easy thing for many restaurants to provide, and if the restaurant is willing to do it, fine I guess. But what if the restaurant doesn't have plain sliced bread and normal american cheese, rather some fancy baguette bread and swiss or provolone cheese? I'll bet 90% of those kids who will only eat grilled cheese are too picky to eat a "different" grilled cheese made with those kinds of ingredients. And what about those kids who will only eat PB&J, or chicken nuggets, etc. Should the restaurant be expected to have to items available, and in a style the kids will accept?

My DS has had the sensory/texture issue. Please don't be skeptical. It is a very real problem. Maybe my explanation will help clarify for you exactly what it means. DS was born premature. He had severe reflux, sensory issues, piloric stenosis, failure to thrive, delays in every area(speech, walking, etc..)sleep apnea, and more. He could not tolorate any textured foods for the first 2.5 years of his life. He was basically on a liquid diet or eating stage 1 or 2 baby food. His reflux caused an adversion to foods, especially since he already had a sensory issues with texture. Whether by mouth or touch. I couldn't even let powder or cream touch his skin. Through intensive therapies, and a lot of work at home with him, he started being able to handle some textured foods. It was a slow process. He would then only keep the food to the front of his mouth, because of the fear of vomiting due to the reflux and sensitive gag he has. He also had a problem with stuffing too much in because he couldn't "feel" what was there. At the age of 4 now, and after therapy, which he still has, and after surgery and many hospital stays, my DS has finally come to a point where he can tolorate textured foods.

Now I have never thought that my DS problem was one a restaurant was responsible for. I have never gone to a WDW restaurant or any other and got mad because they didn't have or couldn't provide a meal my son could tolerate. As a parent it is my job to do my research and see what items of food are available and are good for my DS. For years I would bring his foods with me. I think it is great that WDW can provide assistance with food for dietary or religious issues. DD and DH are lactose intollerate. They usually just avoid the foods they know will trigger an attack and no big deal. If an allergy exsists it is simple to call the restaurant ahead and get something that is appropiate. To make a big deal out of there being no chicken nuggets at a place just because that's all your kid eats is crazy, IMHO! There are options, go someplace that has them, or teach your child to try new things. When DD went through that chicken nugget only faze, I would get them for her from the McD's at either DtD, or Epcot. There is always someplace to find what your kid likes at WDW. You just need to do your homework. Even if a person doesn't know these wonderful boards exsist. All the restaurants have their menus up to view before you enter! All anyone has to do is take a look and if what their kid wants isn't there, then try someplace else.

My DD (now age 9) had a very severe milk and egg allergy when she was little, she has since outgrown both. When she was little we always stayed off-site so I would have access to a full kitchen. I would prepare her meals, snacks, desserts etc. and put them all in individual tupperwear containers and just pack it in a soft sided cooler. When we went to a resturant I would just ask the waitress or the person at the counter to microwave the container for a certain amount of time. I also made sure to tell them DO NOT stir the contents because I needed to be sure that the spoon used to stir it had not been in contact with anything she was allergic too. I never, ever had a problem and we go to WDW every year since DD was born for at least a week( that's alot of meals). The resturant staff has always been so helpful and understanding. She is my child and I felt it was my responsibilty , not Disney's to make sure my DD had foods that she could eat.

I hope no one thinks I would throw a hissy fit if the restaurant can't accomadate us. I do feel that sensory issues are just as important as allergy issues so I do call ahead to see if they can fix something DD will tolerate. If they can't then I have two choices. I can bring something along that she will eat or we don't go to the restaurant at all. Fortunately it is very rare that I have run into a restaurant that can't accomadate us. As long as we give them plenty of notice they have been fine about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter