Some of the new kids menu scans:

picantel

Mouseketeer
Went to WDW over the weekend, and I'm putting up some scans of the new kids menu that's been revised:

Concourse Steakhouse:
ccf1210200600000rd4.jpg

Tony's Town Square:
ccf1210200600002ty0.jpg

California Grill:
ccf1210200600001sp5.jpg

Thanks. I'm glad to see that they've added back in a restaurant-specific choice!

Thanks for keeping us current...I've been way ahead of my AAA TA on much of what's been going on. Keep it coming!! :cool1:

starbox said:
Thanks. I'm glad to see that they've added back in a restaurant-specific choice!

ITA, for us the restarurant specific choice was the only thing missing duirng our October trip. My kids love the vegies and dip or soup appy and would eat something different from each of those menus.

OP - thanks so much for taking the trouble to bring the menus back and scan them for us.

TJ

Those look good. Thanks so much for posting. A bit more varity it seems, but the desserts still seem a little bland. Oh well.

:thumbsup2

Not bad getting better. Does anyone know if they would allow you to substitute caesar salad for the garden salad? My two younger ones love caesar and hate garden salad??? As long as it was available at the specific restaurant or CS?

March 8-12 POR in WDW here we come :grouphug:
(Kids are going to be excited when they get the call from the ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

That looks much more appetizing than the other stuff they had. Granted, we're not planning to eat at any of these places, so I hope the changes have carried over to other restaurants.

the changes are carried over. I had a menu from Boatwrights, but lost it somewhere, that's why I only scanned 3 menus (btw, picantel is DH :) )

At Boatwrights, the kids pick had cheeseburger, chicken strips and mac & cheese. The healthy side had the same as Concourse - pizza and beef macaroni.

Just a side note, we ate at Tony's and although the food was OK, they totally charred DS's pizza. His opinion is that Mama Melrose still has the best pizza (from all the new kids menus he's eaten through) and Sci-fi is still the worst.

I have to tell you that those menus do not look as horrible as everyone thought they would! There seems to still be some "specialties of the house" in each menu. My vegetarian DD has her choice of 2-3 options per restaurant and that's all good for us.

Glad to see they are back to offering steak at Concourse (we'll be there in February). However, anyone know what they do about the surcharge when you're on the dining plan? Do they simply allow you to order it or do you pay the surcharge in cash?

Also, anyone been to LeCellier or Coral Reef in the last week or so? Any changes there? We're coming down for ds's 9th birthday and these are the restaurants we'll be patronizing. CR is ds's birthday dinner choice and I'd hate to have him find out that the lobster bisque is no longer available.

MomPOM said:
That looks much more appetizing than the other stuff they had. Granted, we're not planning to eat at any of these places, so I hope the changes have carried over to other restaurants.

They look more appetizing because some marketing company spent hours getting the food on the plate to look perfect, just like the pics on the McDonalds menu. I would like to see what it looks like when they serve you.

tor said:
They look more appetizing because some marketing company spent hours getting the food on the plate to look perfect, just like the pics on the McDonalds menu. I would like to see what it looks like when they serve you.

From a friend in the ad business. If you are doing work for McDonalds, they send a "food stylist" from HQ to work with the local one to make sure the food meets their standard in appearance.

Always wondered about Wendy's the burger's look so tall on tv and when you order one they always look like they have been squashed.

tor said:
Someone here posted a pic of the grilled chicken that's on other menus, and it looked much better in their photo than on the menu. They also said it looked much better in person, too.

The grilled chicken didn't look bad in person. I tried a bite at the LTT and it didn't taste bad either and wasn't rubbery.

They look more appetizing because some marketing company spent hours getting the food on the plate to look perfect
Mm, yeah, that food stylist did really appealing things with the appearance of the steak, the spaghetti and meatballs, the hamburger, the grilled chicken, the mac & cheese, the salmon, the rice krispie sushi, the garden salad...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter