Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr 30 - May 7, w/pics!

You def must try Boma! It is my very fav meal in all of WDW! I was not so impressed with CP when we did dinner there either. Breakfast was much better!

i will get to boma one of these days, i promise! i do have b'fast planned there for august. can't wait!

I agree, you should definitely try Boma.

Also, if you like grains, you should consider an OOP meal at Jiko where you can get a dish called "Grains, Peas and Vegetables" as Disney's cheapest signature dinner. It has kamut, pearl and black barley, wheat berries, quinoa, garbanzo peas, roasted vegetables and seared tandoori tofu and is delicious! It's also incredibly filling so you don't need anything else to make a full meal.

that jiko meal sounds aaaaah-mazing! i'll have to do it on a solo trip, as i can't convince the fam to go there!

Marcia - So sad you're almost done!:( You've done a great job!

Thanks for IDing all those DISers! How fun for all of you to meet. I will finally be carrying around my LGMH when I go in 13 days - hope I bump into a few myself!

thank you :)

Awesome picture of you and Tigger!!

thanks, it's so cute, i love it too!

Yum. That Biergarten food looks so good! I'll have to send a link to my boyfriend. Maybe that will help convince him that we have to go to WDW.

hope it helps!

Great update. Looking forward to seeing what snacks you got as I'm trying to work out where we'll fit the snacks in on our dxddp days!

sorry it's taken me so long, but they *are* coming

Thanks for your latest reviews. Sorry that you missed out on Boma, I am desperate to try it too after reading all the great reviews on here. Looking forward to hearing about your snacks.

Laur's princess:

you're welcome

Isn't that strange I love CP for dinner but I love the shrimp and mussels, the prime rib is good too! I always enjot desserts !! I have never had breakfast there or lunch !! Boma breakfast is on my to do list !!

yup, can't wait!

Great end to your reviews - I am just sorry that they are over. Crystal Palace, although great for breakfast, has never really appealed to me for lunch. I'm not a huge fan of buffet lunches or dinners though.

Boma is definitely on my list of places to eat - for some reason, we never seem to fit it in. Wonder if you'll get there before we do ;)

i hope i do and you too!

Wow, more fabulous pictures and great reviews! The food at Biergarten looks good, I just don't think I would enjoy it all that much! The pretzel bread looked really good though!
I'm sorry you were disappointed in Crystal Palace for lunch! How funny that it was so good for breakfast and only ok for lunch.
Can't wait to hear about your snack choices!!

yeah, we're definitely doing b'fast at CP in august again, can't wait!

The Biergarten is one of my favorites. We usually get there at least every other trip. Being of German decent I think I'm a little prejudiced toward German food though..

The lack of glowing reviews of the last two restaurants may have something to do with being at the end of your trip. My DW's reviews of restaurants when we go is always less glowing by the end of the trip. Not that there's ever too much of a good thing... And there are a lot of good things you enjoyed on this trip

Thanks for sharing

good observation about the lackluster reviews being at th eend. definitely could have been too much of a good thing!

Always sad to see the trip end but you're going back in August AND treating us to another trip report! I can't wait. You really do an excellent job with both your dining review & the trip report! :)

thank you so much!

Wow it looks as though you tried a bit of everything at CP :rotfl2: I must do more of that next trip rather than worrying that I must finish it all!

sure did!

Hi Marcia!

I was loving this thread, and when I got to your picture I went "Wow, that's the Marcia from our Japan meet!" Cool! I had no idea you were celebrating an early birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm not sure I'd consider the deluxe DP, but it sounds like you really enjoyed it, and I loved reading about all the restaurants.

thanks!

Marcia,

Not sure if this has been asked, but I noticed you ordered some alcoholic drinks with some of your meals and of course you gratuities were not included -- Can you give me some idea of how much you spent OOP in addition to being on the DxDP? We're trying to figure this out for ourselves and just curious how much we're actually saving.

You don't have to give an actual number, just a ballpark.

Thanks!

oh goodness, i really have no idea! figure about 7-8 bucks for each drink. plus tips at the bars/restaurants (not at the stands). i haven't gone through my receipts and i don't think i want to!

How exciting! Thanks for your great reports (the page guide really helped!)

I just booked my first solo trip for the last weekend in Sept.

I wanted to ask you, since my birthday trip is in December, did you tell the CM when you made your ADRs that it was your birthday? I only told for my actual birthdate lunch at Le Cellier, but I am celebrating for all 5 days, including a breakfast at CP. Just wondering, since I have to call back for my solo trip soon, once I decide.

Thanks!

yup, i just told the cm that made my adr's that i was celebrating my bday, and they took care of it! you can definitely call and add it!

You certainly can (and should) celebrate you birthday everyday you are there. We did it for our anniversary and it was very special. Have a great time.

most definitely!

Hi Marsh !!

hi hi!

snacks coming soooooon!

Deluxe Dining Plan Snacks

Okay, this first one wasn't an official snack, but it was given to me at the Main Street Confectionary as a bit of Pixie Dust for my birthday celebration! Caramel apple, I snacked on it for a few days!

dis2008-05113.jpg

Dole Whip Float, made w/vanilla soft serve and pineapple juice
dis2008-05286.jpg

This was so so good! I've had a regular Dole Whip before, and liked it, but wanted the vanilla soft serve with the float as I thought it might be pineapple overload otherwise. I was very pleased with my selection! This was so nice and refreshing. I will definitely return!

Fruit and yogurt parfait, from Pop Food Court
dis2008-05557.jpg

dis2008-05558.jpg

Had this as a little b'fast one day, on a late start day. It was okay. The fruit was more like a compote, a bit too sweet for me, I'd have rathered real fruit. And the granola was soggy. But oh well, it served its purpose.

Another "unofficial" snack, but I think this one counts as a credit anyway. But it was given to me for free at Sunshine Seasons, for my birthday celebration. Chocolate Chip Cookie
dis2008-05587.jpg

It was a good cookie. Nice and soft. Yum.

From Kringla Bakery, Almond Sweet Pretzel.
dis2008-05588.jpg

I've had the regular Sweet Pretzel before, without the almonds, but this time I decided to go with the nuts. And it was really good! It's not your typical pretzel...it's more like a pastry. But it's good. Sidenote - I have always wanted to try Schoolbread, but I hate coconut. So every time I go in there, I ask if they can make me one without it, and have never found anyone that could. Maybe someday...

Main Street Bakery, French Toast Loaf :lovestruc
dis2008-05616.jpg

This is my love!!!! I think I had it 3-4 times on my trip in November, but this trip, I had so many meals that I could only fit it in once! Oh yes, there's also a banana there that I paid OOP for.

Goofy's Candy Company!!!
Mickey Rice Krispie Treat, covered in white chocolate, crushed oreos, and drizzled with white choc and caramel
dis2008-05683.jpg

Pretzel Rods, covered in milk chocolate, butterfinger, and drizzled with caramel
dis2008-05685.jpg

Oh goodness, these things were amazing! Total sugar rush though!

Another "unofficial" snack, but also would count as a snack. Cream Cheese pretzel, Launching Pad in MK. I told the guy to take it off as one snack, and he told me nope, Happy Birthday! Sweet! (but really, i had so many snack credits it didn't matter!)
dis2008-05717.jpg

This was pretty good. A little more dry than I would have liked, maybe it had been sitting too long. But I must say, I'm spoiled by the cream cheese and herb pretzels that we have at my work (I work at Borders, and our Cafe rules!). So yeah, it was good.

Main Street Bakery, Ice cream cookie sandwich, made w/white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
dis2008-05720.jpg

dis2008-05721.jpg

dis2008-05722.jpg

This thing was huge! I barely managed a few bites! I was really just trying to use up my credits at this point! But what I did manage was delish!

Tye Dyed Cheesecake, Pop Food Court
dis2008-05723.jpg

dis2008-05725.jpg

This didn't wow me whatsoever. Maybe it had been talked up so much that I had too high expectations. It was cheesecake on some sort of cakey base. I've had much better cheesecake. But whatever, it turned my tongue blue, which is always a plus :thumbsup2

Okay, so I count 8 snacks that I used up there. I know I used at least 2 for water, and 1 for a powerade, that brings me up to 11. And then I bought a water and pretzel for my CM friend that I went on Toy Story Mania with. So that's 13. And if I remember correctly, I meant to pick up one more thing to bring with me on the plane, but completely forgot. So yup, that would be the 14 I was allotted. Way too much! But if you've read up to here, you already know that this plan is way too much! For me anyway!

So that's that. I'm all done. I have no more food pictures or reviews for you. But I'm going in August, as you already know. And this time, there will be 3 other people with me, and my brothers eat a LOT. So I should come back with lots and lots of pictures.

TTFN, Ta Ta For Now! Hope you enjoyed :goodvibes

Thank you for an absolutely great bunch of reviews!! It's been a pleasure reading them and seeing all the wonderful pictures! :hug:

Awesome reporting! Check mine out if you get a chance! I look fwd to more reports!

Thanks again for sharing your reviews with us, I have really enjoyed them. Looks like some tasty snacks too.

Laur's princess:

loved your reviews and all the wonderful photos - thanks, marsha!

(especially loved the snacks at the end!!) :goodvibes

Thank you for your fantastic reviews. I really enjoyed them, although I'm now planning on gaining at least 10lbs when we do the DXDDP after seeing all the food you get!!

Those snacks look really good. I'll have 24 snack credits when I go, :faint: and I don't know how I'm going to use them all.

Thanks for all your hard work, I am sorry it is over but can't wait to find out how your Aug. trip goes. Will everyone be able to keep up with you?

Thanks so much, I've really enjoyed reading your dining reviews - it's given me lots of ideas for my first solo trip next year :goodvibes

Thank you for the reviews. Was the French Toast Loaf available as a snack? When I went in May, I asked and was told it wasn't a snack.

Thank you for the reviews!

I am definitely going to have to try out that pretzel from the launching pad!

Thanks for the great pictures and reviews. You had my mouth watering the whole time.

Wow!!!!!!! The thought of all that sugar makes my teeth hurt:hyper:

Super report. Looking forward to your next one after your August trip. Have a great time

Thanks for all your hard work on a great report! I so enjoyed reading it. Your photos were great.

Cyndi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter