Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr 30 - May 7, w/pics!

you certainly tried a "little bit" of everything at biergarten! - sounded like you had a wonderful time there!

yup, it was great fun!

C'mon Marcia - don't leave me hanging! Who is everybody in the picture from the Dis meet? I love to be able to put faces with names.

Seems you got to try a little bit of everything at Biergarten. I just can't find anything I REALLY like at this place (well, except the beer). We've given it two tries now and I think it will be a while before we go back.

hehe, sorry about the pic with no names, i added a comment above this one! and i know what you mean, i'm in no rush to go back.

Marsh I loved Biergarten!! The pork was the best I ever had !! I love brats so loved the sausage too.The german choc . cake was delish!!

glad you enjoyed it so! it will be a while before i go back!

Yum! Just reading your report has made me hungry!!! We're planning our ADR's for our upcoming trip and have several of the restaurants that you ate at on our list, so I was excited to see your pics and read your reviews! Thanks so much for sharing!!

excellent! i hope you enjoy all of your choices!

subscribing

welcome!

I want to know too!!!!!:)

see above :goodvibes

Biergarten sounds pretty yummy - this might be a good option for us on our next trip as we will be a party of 9 (not many places cater particularly well or are easy to get into with 9 people).

the only problem might be that they do 8 per table...but i'm sure if you asked, they could squeeze in another chair on the end or something :thumbsup2

Great review of Biergarten, there are 54 of us (DISer's and their families) meeting there in August and I can't wait!

It looks like it was a fab meet too :thumbsup2

54! my goodness, that will be a rocking good time!! and yes, the meet was wonderful!

i'm getting a little sad, as my next review is my last one...i almost don't want to do it, but i'm going to!

Crystal Palace, lunch, 05.07.08

Originally, I had a breakfast planned at Boma this morning, but I wanted to make another trip to the Magic Kingdom, so a few days earlier, I switched it to the only thing I could get in the MK...Crystal Palace for lunch. The earliest lunch, 11:30, was all they had, so I grabbed it. I do have regrets about not trying Boma, though, as I won't be trying it with the fam in August either. Next trip after that though, I *will* make it there!

So after a morning in the MK, I checked into the Crystal Palace around 11:15, and was seated with the first wave of lunch diners, at 11:30. I was amused to find that I was placed at the same table I had been at for breakfast a few days before! And once again, my table was decorated for me
dis2008-05703.jpg

Before I knew it, the characters started arriving!
dis2008-05704.jpg

dis2008-05705.jpg

Now, lots of plates of food are about to come at ya, but I mostly just had bites of it...nothing was really that great.
dis2008-05706.jpg

Salads and bread. The bread was stale. The salad was fine. There's also a quinoa salad on there. And I did enjoy the quinoa salad. I love different types of grains. Just another reason I *need* to get to Boma ;) .

dis2008-05707.jpg

Mac and cheese, broccoli, omelet, pizza, grapes, some sort of rice noodle curry?, veggies, mashed potatoes. Nothing was that great. I mean, you can't mess up mac and cheese, so that was fine. And steamed broccoli is always a hit with me. The rest was just okay.

dis2008-05708.jpg

Potato soup in the back, some creamy noodle dish, ratatouille over rice, salmon. And I have no idea what's next to the salmon...some sort of bbq something maybe? Didn't like the soup because it had bacon in it. Don't even remember the noodle dish. The ratatouille was okay, as was the salmon.

Then came Tigger!
dis2008-05710.jpg

dis2008-05711.jpg

Pork w/bbq sauce, and southwest chicken salad. The pork was okay, but Biergarten's was better. Chicken salad I tried a bite.

dis2008-05712.jpg

Some fruit. It was nice and fresh.

dis2008-05713.jpg

Assorted desserts. Just got a bunch of different stuff to give it a try. Nothing really stood out, it was just fine.

Finally, Pooh came around
dis2008-05716.jpg

I was done at that point. Kinda disappointed in this lunch, but oh well. Nothing was really great, but it wasn't bad either. Just fine. And I had had many other great dining experiences during the week, so it wasn't that bad.

Okay, I did realize that I also got snacks on the Deluxe Dining Plan, 2 a day actually. I used some for water, used a couple on my CM friend from Toy Story Mania, but the rest I got stuff and nibbled on it. I will do a post dedicated to snacks next!

next up: DxDDP snacks

You def must try Boma! It is my very fav meal in all of WDW! I was not so impressed with CP when we did dinner there either. Breakfast was much better!

I agree, you should definitely try Boma.

Also, if you like grains, you should consider an OOP meal at Jiko where you can get a dish called "Grains, Peas and Vegetables" as Disney's cheapest signature dinner. It has kamut, pearl and black barley, wheat berries, quinoa, garbanzo peas, roasted vegetables and seared tandoori tofu and is delicious! It's also incredibly filling so you don't need anything else to make a full meal.

Marcia - So sad you're almost done!:( You've done a great job!

Thanks for IDing all those DISers! How fun for all of you to meet. I will finally be carrying around my LGMH when I go in 13 days - hope I bump into a few myself!

Yum. That Biergarten food looks so good! I'll have to send a link to my boyfriend. Maybe that will help convince him that we have to go to WDW.

Great update. Looking forward to seeing what snacks you got as I'm trying to work out where we'll fit the snacks in on our dxddp days!

Thanks for your latest reviews. Sorry that you missed out on Boma, I am desperate to try it too after reading all the great reviews on here. Looking forward to hearing about your snacks.

Laur's princess:

Isn't that strange I love CP for dinner but I love the shrimp and mussels, the prime rib is good too! I always enjot desserts !! I have never had breakfast there or lunch !! Boma breakfast is on my to do list !!

Great end to your reviews - I am just sorry that they are over. Crystal Palace, although great for breakfast, has never really appealed to me for lunch. I'm not a huge fan of buffet lunches or dinners though.

Boma is definitely on my list of places to eat - for some reason, we never seem to fit it in. Wonder if you'll get there before we do ;)

Wow, more fabulous pictures and great reviews! The food at Biergarten looks good, I just don't think I would enjoy it all that much! The pretzel bread looked really good though!
I'm sorry you were disappointed in Crystal Palace for lunch! How funny that it was so good for breakfast and only ok for lunch.
Can't wait to hear about your snack choices!!

The Biergarten is one of my favorites. We usually get there at least every other trip. Being of German decent I think I'm a little prejudiced toward German food though..

The lack of glowing reviews of the last two restaurants may have something to do with being at the end of your trip. My DW's reviews of restaurants when we go is always less glowing by the end of the trip. Not that there's ever too much of a good thing... And there are a lot of good things you enjoyed on this trip

Thanks for sharing

Always sad to see the trip end but you're going back in August AND treating us to another trip report! I can't wait. You really do an excellent job with both your dining review & the trip report! :)

Wow it looks as though you tried a bit of everything at CP :rotfl2: I must do more of that next trip rather than worrying that I must finish it all!

Hi Marcia!

I was loving this thread, and when I got to your picture I went "Wow, that's the Marcia from our Japan meet!" Cool! I had no idea you were celebrating an early birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm not sure I'd consider the deluxe DP, but it sounds like you really enjoyed it, and I loved reading about all the restaurants.

Marcia,

Not sure if this has been asked, but I noticed you ordered some alcoholic drinks with some of your meals and of course you gratuities were not included -- Can you give me some idea of how much you spent OOP in addition to being on the DxDP? We're trying to figure this out for ourselves and just curious how much we're actually saving.

You don't have to give an actual number, just a ballpark.

Thanks!

How exciting! Thanks for your great reports (the page guide really helped!)

I just booked my first solo trip for the last weekend in Sept.

I wanted to ask you, since my birthday trip is in December, did you tell the CM when you made your ADRs that it was your birthday? I only told for my actual birthdate lunch at Le Cellier, but I am celebrating for all 5 days, including a breakfast at CP. Just wondering, since I have to call back for my solo trip soon, once I decide.

Thanks!

How exciting! Thanks for your great reports (the page guide really helped!)

I just booked my first solo trip for the last weekend in Sept.

I wanted to ask you, since my birthday trip is in December, did you tell the CM when you made your ADRs that it was your birthday? I only told for my actual birthdate lunch at Le Cellier, but I am celebrating for all 5 days, including a breakfast at CP. Just wondering, since I have to call back for my solo trip soon, once I decide.

Thanks!

You certainly can (and should) celebrate you birthday everyday you are there. We did it for our anniversary and it was very special. Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter