• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin from Scotland to Mickey ;-D ~ June 2009

Good news on that ultrasound.

I understand about packing the suitcase. I have this bright orange carry-on suitcase that I have made my WDW suitcase. I keep everything related to going to the parks in there.

I am trying to walk as often as possible and also do a little yoga to try to get in better shape.

One of my friends has a way of avoiding jetlag. I'll ask her to type it up for me and I'll send it to you. I haven't traveled far enough to use it myself.

pixiedust:to getting over your cold and that your first day back after holiday goes well!

Enjoying reading your PTR! I love your unique perspective from Scotland! I haven't been nearby there since I was 7 years old (we were in London...so nearer than the US). My family name is Irish and we can trace one of my grandmothers to Ireland as well...but no connections to Scotland.

So glad to see that it is green there...we are only barely beginning to get green here!

Enjoying reading your PTR! I love your unique perspective from Scotland! I haven't been nearby there since I was 7 years old (we were in London...so nearer than the US). My family name is Irish and we can trace one of my grandmothers to Ireland as well...but no connections to Scotland.

So glad to see that it is green there...we are only barely beginning to get green here!

It is so green here because of all the rain we get!!!!

Ireland is a beautiful country - I love it there! Helps that my favourite band are Irish!!! We have been over in Dublin for concerts and it is a lovely city - the people are so friendly and the accent is so nice! Have been to Northern Ireland a few times with work and have friends there. They love it and Belfast is a very vibrant city and not what you would imagine after the Troubles there. Would highly recommend a visit to both!

Thank you for the recommendation...

Oh, if rain were the only thing needed for it to green up here...we have had so much rain, rain, rain...but at least today is sunny!

Hope your day is going well (since it is afternoon for you now!)

Followed link to your TR. I'm a little behind, but the pictures of Scotland blew me away, so pretty. I can't wait to get caught up and read more :surfweb:.
Okay, caught up. I love slow days at work, but I made up for it on Monday. I work for a utility company. Monday was a due date for bills to be paid as well as shut off for non-payment of account. Your girls are so cute. I put my ticker up to remind me why I need to walk every night to get ready for the beach. I don't think that 1/2 of my summer clothes will even fit me. Look forward to more updates.

Here is my friends jetlag remedy:

If your flight arrives at your destination before noon, then you sleep 4 hours and get up and sleep normal that evening. If your flight arrives at your destination after noon, then you sleep for 2 hours and get up and sleep normal that evening. Has worked for me everytime, but that's going west to east. I'm not sure if going east to west would make any difference because you are basically gaining time not losing it.

Don't know if it would help you, but thought I would offer the idea.

Thank you for the recommendation...

Oh, if rain were the only thing needed for it to green up here...we have had so much rain, rain, rain...but at least today is sunny!

Hope your day is going well (since it is afternoon for you now!)

Sunny is good isn't it?! :)

Followed link to your TR. I'm a little behind, but the pictures of Scotland blew me away, so pretty. I can't wait to get caught up and read more :surfweb:.
Okay, caught up. I love slow days at work, but I made up for it on Monday. I work for a utility company. Monday was a due date for bills to be paid as well as shut off for non-payment of account. Your girls are so cute. I put my ticker up to remind me why I need to walk every night to get ready for the beach. I don't think that 1/2 of my summer clothes will even fit me. Look forward to more updates.

Glad you enjoyed it! Looks like we are there at the same time - I'll keep my eyes open for you!

Here is my friends jetlag remedy:

If your flight arrives at your destination before noon, then you sleep 4 hours and get up and sleep normal that evening. If your flight arrives at your destination after noon, then you sleep for 2 hours and get up and sleep normal that evening. Has worked for me everytime, but that's going west to east. I'm not sure if going east to west would make any difference because you are basically gaining time not losing it.

Don't know if it would help you, but thought I would offer the idea.

That does make a lot of sense for the way home. We arrive in Edinburgh at about 10am so usually go home and have a few hours then stay up. Its very hard not to sleep for 10 hours!!!!!! We usually get a second wind anyway and a little take away curry in the evening with friends to catch up is on the cards for this year!

OK so it was a bit of a blond moment but i can now see that you are going to the beach - not Disney!!

I see that you are down to 2 months today!! It is going to fly by! :thumbsup2
This will sound so crazy for you but I was thinking that the accents from Ireland and Scotland are quite similar. You said that you enjoy the Irish accent... maybe it is like the difference in northern and southern accents here? Does that make sense?
What has you the most excited about going to Disney?

OK so it was a bit of a blond moment but i can now see that you are going to the beach - not Disney!!
Don't worry, I'm blond too. I have several of those moments. I wish I was going to Disney, but the beach will be great. We went to Disney last year in June. I have one suggestion, if you do not care for Star Wars stay away from DHS on Fridays & Saturdays. We made the mistake of going on the 1st Friday it started last year and the crowds were terrible:scared1:. I think that DHS is the hottest park at Disney and combine that with crowds - yuck! I think that we got out of the park by 1:00 due to the crowds. I'm trying to get DH to go back, but he is still complaining about our food costs. The next time we need to go back in Sept. when they offer free dining and it is the off season. We went in Sept. 2003 and walked on every ride with no or little wait. Only problem will be taking the kids out of school.

I see that you are down to 2 months today!! It is going to fly by! :thumbsup2
This will sound so crazy for you but I was thinking that the accents from Ireland and Scotland are quite similar. You said that you enjoy the Irish accent... maybe it is like the difference in northern and southern accents here? Does that make sense?
What has you the most excited about going to Disney?

Do you know what I have no idea!!!! There are any things that I love about coming over to Disney! I couldn't pick one so here is a wee list......

The heat! (love the warm air when I get off the plane!)
The accents - I always smile when I hear "have a nice day"
Driving under the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign and knowing that we are going to have a great time.
Standing at the MK opening show with my sunglasses on to hide the tears. Who knows why but I find that show very touching especially when the girls and watching in utter awe.
The castle! How beautiful is it?
The fact that when you are at Disney nothing else really matters - its all about having fun.
The fact that at WDW magic is real and its everywhere for those who want to see it.
Spending time with my children firing their imaginations and building their love of stories and dreams.
Appreciating the details everywhere you look which all build together to make something very special.
Laughing with Emma on Thunder Mountain and Test Track. Seeing them having a fantastic time.
Acting like a 5 year old!
(Walmart!!!!!)
Wishes and Fantasmic being touched by the words and sentiments.
Laughing having fun!

I could go on!

What about you - what do you look forward to most?

oh and not to forget the fact that you park your car and then get on a tram and then a monorail and you feel like you really are in another world b the time you get to the park. Riding the tram and monorail and one of my girls favourite things to do!

Oh me too!
I love the end part...

You see, wishes do come true
if you believe in them with all your heart.
And the best part is
you never run out of wishes
They are shining deep inside you
because that, my friends, is where the magic lives.

:tinker:pixiedust:

Totally cheesy but hey!!! When Jiminy Cricket says it I always get a lump in my throst!

Here is a wee Wishes video to cheer everyone up! Its taken form the California Grill viewing deck.

I love your list!!! I sat here smiling as I read it all! :goodvibes
What do you say instead of "have a nice day"? Oh, maybe you are refering to the CM's???
Hummm, what do I like? I love standing by the fountain in Futureworld as the water shoots up into the air in time with the music... I love those purple things that twirl too! :) DHS at night is so cool, the lighting, the music, the warm night.... MK at night when the castle changes colors... I get teary eyed when we watch Illuminations.... and I'm with you when you said that Disney is magical if you want to see it. :wizard:

I love your list!!! I sat here smiling as I read it all! :goodvibes
What do you say instead of "have a nice day"? Oh, maybe you are refering to the CM's???
Hummm, what do I like? I love standing by the fountain in Futureworld as the water shoots up into the air in time with the music... I love those purple things that twirl too! :) DHS at night is so cool, the lighting, the music, the warm night.... MK at night when the castle changes colors... I get teary eyed when we watch Illuminations.... and I'm with you when you said that Disney is magical if you want to see it. :wizard:

People here just don't say that. We would think someone was being insincere or sarcastic if they said it here!! We are a cynical lot!!!!!!!

Its just such a lovely greeting and really does say "i'm in the US!"

I love calling for ADRs as they always say something lovely. The last time the woman said "Hi! How can I put some magic in your day?" I smiled all day about that!!!!

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to word this. So, there is nothing said by the cashier when you leave a store or restaurant? I always make a point of saying it even when I am the customer.

I thought of you yesterday when we were eating at Olive Garden and I was looking at all the food still on my plate and I was full. I remember you mentioned the large portions we have, is the cost of eating out here a lot more than back home for you? And I mean off of the Disney property.

I also loved reading your list of what you love about Disney. I cry during Wishes. I think about how excited everyone else is along with me. Something else I absolutely love and I don't think they have done it every time but pulling into the MK parking lot and I showed my annual pass to the attendant he said "We will let Mickey know you are coming!" It's the little things that make WDW so magical!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter