So there you are.....

T

TSI_Fan

So there you are: you've checked into your hotel room the day before you go to Disney. You are by yourself. You have the TV to entertain you. You have a balcony or a window view to entertain you. It's about 5p and you have nowhere to be except Disney the next morning. You're staying in Orlando.

What do you do with your free time?

This is plaguing me right now. I leave for WDW officially on thursday, and don't have to be anywhere until Friday morning when my park hopper pass can be used. The only plan is to visit a local once-visited Mexican restaurant by the airport. Other than that, my day and night is totally open. I plan to visit a factory outlet mall to look for some new shoes, but other than that, my schedule is free. I am not into clubs or doing many touristy things...so...what would you do in a situation like mine?

I could, in theory, end up lounging around my hotel room, munching on chips and drinking soda, watching TV, listening to my CD-player, and/or hanging out on the balcony, smoking cigarettes and watching the airport traffic (hoping I get a view of the airport, btw) but I thought I would ask you all what you would do instead, when placed in my situation.

Happy replying! :)

Well, I'm afraid I would just veg out in the room and rest up for the next day at the parks. You could swim. If they have a fitness room you could exercise or whatever. You could find an arcade somewhere and play some games if you like that sort of thing.

You could drive back to the airport and watch the planes land and take off. You could watch an in room movie or find the nearest theatre and see a film on the big screen. There's always solitaire ;)

My personal favorite is lounging around the hotel room eating chips, enjoying the view and watching television :)

Katholyn

my favorite thing to do on the First day on WDW is to get onto the Disney transportation and ride around visiting all or some of the resorts. There is no pressure for getting to places in a hurry, so sometimes I stop and have a drink and walk all along the resorts. Just make sure that you don't get stop in the traffic from the parks closing or it wouldn't be relaxing anymore. It is very peaceful to me and gets me primed for the next day in the parks...especially if you haed over towards the Magic Kingdom!!! The site of the castle in the distance gets my heart racing!!
I usually try to get to bed early (no later than midnight) to rest up for the next few days of fun!

I agree with Geebs. I'd either go to Downtown Disney or ride the monorail around the monorail resorts, try to position myself to see the MK fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant from the GF or Contemporary.

I think I'd probably go to at least one lounge for dinner, shop at a few hotels, and watch the fireworks and electric water pagent from the beach at one of the hotels.

Check out AKL. It seems that it would be a great place to watch the animals on the savannah, if you like such things. If you're not staying there, it might be worth taking a bus over there to check it out! They have many public savannah viewing areas with chairs, and a nice lounge. If you're staying there, you can watch the animals from your balcony if you have a savannah view room. I haven't stayed at AKL yet (due there on August 30), but I understand the animals are out at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!