So, I guess December will be hardest to book next year!

Waitlisted a BLT theme park view studio and got reservations for a lake view studio if the waitlist falls through. I had the same situation booking last year for the first week of December 2021 and got off the waitlist by February/March or so. The crowds were crazy this year, but I'd much rather deal with the crowds versus the crowds AND the heat.

Wow, it's the Hunger Games for Riviera Standard Studio for the first week in December. I was on at 8:00 on the dot and didn't get what I wanted. I'm hoping that it's primarily people walking Christmas...but who knows. I mean, if I have to stay in a 1-bedroom for 4 nights :earboy2:...I'll suffer in silence ;).

Is the same mayhem happening across the other limited studios? (BWV Standard, BLT Standard, VGF ...)

It is makes you feel better, the 3rd and 4th disappeared yesterday. I grabbed the second after some dropped it, but couldn’t keep it going because the third was never released back,

I ended up just booking a PV room for now. I also have a 2 bedroom SV booked for the 3 nights since there may be others coming…just not sure yet so I need to plan for a solo trip too!

Can someone explain "walkers"?

A walker is someone who starts to book a reservation prior to the real dates they want and then walk it forward every few days until they end up at the actual date they want.

For example, say you want to go December 10 to 17…the 11 month opens on January 10th.

However, to get a jump on things, you decide to book Dec 4th to 11th on January 4th instead, Now you have the room locked in. A few days later, on the 10th, you modify and move it forward to your real dates.

Wow, it's the Hunger Games for Riviera Standard Studio for the first week in December. I was on at 8:00 on the dot and didn't get what I wanted. I'm hoping that it's primarily people walking Christmas...but who knows. I mean, if I have to stay in a 1-bedroom for 4 nights :earboy2:...I'll suffer in silence ;).

Is the same mayhem happening across the other limited studios? (BWV Standard, BLT Standard, VGF ...)
At most resorts, it's like that every December for the more popular rooms. The following are unavailable:
  • BWV Standard View
  • BWV Boardwalk View
  • BLT Standard View
  • BLT Theme Park View
  • AKV Value Room
  • AKV Club
  • AKV Standard View (Jambo House)
  • VGF Standard View
  • VGF Lake View
  • BRV
  • CCV
Early December is one of the most popular times of the year.

They did reallocate. But for the wrong reasons. Come 2023, pretty much all of Dec will be in a higher travel period for points. Thanks again Disney for taking more things away from me.

They did reallocate. But for the wrong reasons. Come 2023, pretty much all of Dec will be in a higher travel period for points. Thanks again Disney for taking more things away from me.

For the wrong reasons? So many of the rooms book up within seconds of the 11 month window during early December and a lot others within a week or two of the window opening. That speed of booking is very out of whack compared to so much of the rest of the year. I understand the pain of it but not the statement it is for the wrong reasons?

For the wrong reasons? So many of the rooms book up within seconds of the 11 month window during early December and a lot others within a week or two of the window opening. That speed of booking is very out of whack compared to so much of the rest of the year. I understand the pain of it but not the statement it is for the wrong reasons?

It's true, they do book up fast, but they're going to book up regardless. The point charts have moved higher more than once in just a few years for the Dec period. For me and others traveling in Dec, it's definitely not friendly on the points balance.

December remains one of the less expensive times to go in 2023. For example, for a BCV Studio, December 1-23 is only 2 points more per night than the very inexpensive September:

All VGF categories are booked except 2BR lake. WOW.

Edit to add: At BLT all of the GVs are booked, and only lake is left in the studios. The 1/2BR have some categories available. The only GVs at WDW left are SSR and AKL.

Last edited:
Since points will be higher In 2023. We’re hoping for a two bedroom at VWL for a few days, and I just realized we’ll be on our cruise for the booking date. I fully intend to pay for Internet so we’ll be booking 11 months out.

Who else is planning for December 2022 and booking 11 months out, not waiting.
just booked a studio at BWV for early December with no problem 8days

facebook twitter