So, I guess December will be hardest to book next year!

We went this year for the week after Thanksgiving. We had an amazing time. Other than Main St. at MK being too crowded for us it seemed ok otherwise. We have been traveling for RunDisney weekends previously and Epcot after the half marathons are no joke crowd wise. I guess anything after that looks good to me.

I booked SSR for now for the same week. I have been watching Boardwalk standard studios and am surprised this morning to see I could book our days if I wanted. There was scattered availability yesterday. Id rather save our Bw points for a future RunDisney trip but am so tempted to book the standard studio. We didn’t get over to the Epcot resorts this year so it would be nice to see the Xmas decor over there. Plus we would like to ride the skyliner. But we also haven’t been to Disney springs in years……

We went this year for the week after Thanksgiving. We had an amazing time. Other than Main St. at MK being too crowded for us it seemed ok otherwise. We have been traveling for RunDisney weekends previously and Epcot after the half marathons are no joke crowd wise. I guess anything after that looks good to me.

I booked SSR for now for the same week. I have been watching Boardwalk standard studios and am surprised this morning to see I could book our days if I wanted. There was scattered availability yesterday. Id rather save our Bw points for a future RunDisney trip but am so tempted to book the standard studio. We didn’t get over to the Epcot resorts this year so it would be nice to see the Xmas decor over there. Plus we would like to ride the skyliner. But we also haven’t been to Disney springs in years……
Ya I was surprised when I booked our 2BR lockoff with a boardwalk view how the whole week of thanksgiving was open and the sporadic availability of all the views and rooms. I figured it would have been fewer options.

I had planned on booking for early Dec. 2022 but my daughter may be graduating college a semester early so I changed it up and booked for the week before Thanksgiving instead.

Maybe it will be less crowded (but I doubt it!).

Since points will be higher In 2023. We’re hoping for a two bedroom at VWL for a few days, and I just realized we’ll be on our cruise for the booking date. I fully intend to pay for Internet so we’ll be booking 11 months out.

Who else is planning for December 2022 and booking 11 months out, not waiting.
Did you get it Bobbi?

Did you get it Bobbi?
We actually are by ourselves at BWV from November 30, and that’s done. We are there until the 4th and now want a one bedroom at VWL, so I am not worried. Originally we wanted a two bedroom, but friends decided to not join us. I was a bit concerned if we wanted a lock off because Studios at VWL are hard to get.

Walking was not a problem when we joined In 2003. Booking was by check out day. Imagine that in 2004, December, we had a Standard view 2 bedroom and 3 standard view studios for my DMOm’s 85th birthday:cake:. We also had a pool view studio because people told us they could come at a later time. Our dates were December 19 to the 23rd, 2004. Mom’s birthday was the 22nd.

I hope everyone gets what they want and they enjoy it.

Last edited:
It’d be nice, but don’t waste your time. DVC site should be down as usual.

It's almost like I saw this coming...........Of course I did. We should all come to expect this poor service from Disney. And they don't care. Can't even log on at all today. Sad, very sad.

Wow, it's the Hunger Games for Riviera Standard Studio for the first week in December. I was on at 8:00 on the dot and didn't get what I wanted. I'm hoping that it's primarily people walking Christmas...but who knows. I mean, if I have to stay in a 1-bedroom for 4 nights :earboy2:...I'll suffer in silence ;).

Is the same mayhem happening across the other limited studios? (BWV Standard, BLT Standard, VGF ...)

Wow, it's the Hunger Games for Riviera Standard Studio for the first week in December. I was on at 8:00 on the dot and didn't get what I wanted. I'm hoping that it's primarily people walking Christmas...but who knows. I mean, if I have to stay in a 1-bedroom for 4 nights :earboy2:...I'll suffer in silence ;).

Is the same mayhem happening across the other limited studios? (BWV Standard, BLT Standard, VGF ...)
The first two weeks of December are always crazy. These two weeks are what alot of people walk to rather than Christmas itself because points are lower. There is just a lot of demand so it may not even be many walkers but just alot of people competing for the cheaper rooms. That's a normal for a handful of rooms year round (BWV Standard, BLT Standard, AKV Value & Club) but it adds in more rooms this time of year (Jambo Standard Studios for instance).

With the website acting like usual, bad.
I had mine all picked and then crash....7 dwarfs. Twice
Third time my dates are gone!
Now people are posting the site is down. Calling can't help because it is all down.

Last edited:
Three solid hours expended via multiple devices & browsers this AM

I used to like the seven dwarves:mad:

Did call MS while I plugged away online. It took several attempts to get thru to them. Told my experience is ‘a new, isolated issue that started today’.:headache: Liar, liar, pants on fire.:sad2:

Know it’s the CM’s job to deflect but, honesty please. Don’t try to convince me that my experience is invalid.

I’ve been trying to book for weeks without success. haven’t even able to get into my accounts to check point balances & existing reservations until mid evenings.

Finally, got thru on safari ipad. after at least 10+ attempts, did snag a standard studio at AKV & waitlisted for that elusive value. there was no room at the inn for WL or BWV our dates.

That leftover Bottle of Mrs T’s Bloody Mary mix leftover from NYE is looking rather tempting right now :rolleyes1

I was on at 8 am– I lost out against others who were trying to snag RIV Std Deluxe Studio. I can't tell if it's "Christmas walkers" or people who genuinely need that first week. I booked what I could for the prior week, waitlisted a day, and will check back again in another day or so. Ultimately, we're hoping to switch to Poly at 7 months...but seeing this reservation blood bath, I'm not sure if that will even be possible.

I was on at 8 am– I lost out against others who were trying to snag RIV Std Deluxe Studio. I can't tell if it's "Christmas walkers" or people who genuinely need that first week. I booked what I could for the prior week, waitlisted a day, and will check back again in another day or so. Ultimately, we're hoping to switch to Poly at 7 months...but seeing this reservation blood bath, I'm not sure if that will even be possible.

It will probably stick as the 1st week in December has been the most popular DVC week for a long long time. Never know though and can get lucky right away. Eventually some will cancel so in the end you'd get it but then will be going thru the same thing for Poly at 7 months.

facebook twitter