So, I guess December will be hardest to book next year!

Well, today I have the second part of our December stay finished. Got BWV, two studios, one for 5 nights for my two friends, and one for 3 nights for myself. Usually I had been able to get standard view sometime, this time only pool view. It’s OK, but I only had one more point to borrow, so happy that I had enough.

I managed to snag a Value 1br one and two nights at a time. The last night I needed I went to WL and it booked. Once I had the nights wanted I sent an email to combine the 3 reservations into one, which they have done. At 7 months I'll see if I can add a night but if not 5 days will be fine.

Got on bright and early at my 11 month window for CCV, the day that was exactly 11 months had no more availability but the days after did (which of course I couldn’t book because it was 11 months + 1 day). Same thing the next day and the next…this is the first time I’ve gotten messed over by the reservation walkers. It’s also the first time I’ve used the “home resort advantage”. No advantage for 2022 it seems.
(Only availability was the cabins)

Well, today I have the second part of our December stay finished. Got BWV, two studios, one for 5 nights for my two friends, and one for 3 nights for myself. Usually I had been able to get standard view sometime, this time only pool view. It’s OK, but I only had one more point to borrow, so happy that I had enough.
Well, by checking often, very often, I was able to get my three day stay in a standard view studio, and I saved 18 points. I was willing to move during the stay, the nights became available one at a time. I won’t do that for my friends, I’ll keep checking for their 5 night, but I won’t jeopardize their 5 consecutive nights.

Enjoy!!!! Hey what year did the Christmas tree exchange end? I miss the good old days.
I believe it was 2016 as Bobbi mentioned. Here is the SSR tree from 2016. (I think the photo was taken at BWV--we set it up and enjoyed it over over our Thanksgiving holiday before passing it along to the next family. :) )

IMG_1928.JPG

Sorry the image is on turned on its side. I can't figure out how to make "upright".

Last edited:

Enjoy!!!! Hey what year did the Christmas tree exchange end? I miss the good old days.
I found another picture of an Exchange tree. This was December 2017! it looks as if we were in SSR MAYBE.

So, has everyone gotten what they were hoping for regarding December??

I still want a NYE stay. We went into the park, MK on December 30 last year, and I we really enjoyed seeing the Christmas parade in daylight, as opposed to the after hours. It will cost us each $170 or so to enter MK on December 30 this year, but I think that’s what we’ll do.

Yes, I think you are lucky!
We went with a one bedroom for three nights, beginning of December.

I don't know if it was people walking reservations or what that made it extra hard this year.....because I checked pretty often and ya figure as the month went along some of the dates the walkers would leave behind would open up....nope they didn't. Could be the glut of unused points out there and people and companies making spec reservations???

I don't know if it was people walking reservations or what that made it extra hard this year.....because I checked pretty often and ya figure as the month went along some of the dates the walkers would leave behind would open up....nope they didn't. Could be the glut of unused points out there and people and companies making spec reservations???
I suspect many DVC members have not been to WDW in December since 2019.

Certainly for most of 2020, we were able to book pretty much anything we wanted. Even in early 2021, we were having great success booking lots of DVC resorts less than 7 months out.

Increasingly, you read about attitudes shifting towards “learning to live with” the pandemic. I think this is being reflected in 11-month bookings.

Last edited:
This is why it's difficult. I have been trying all morning.

Multi-billion dollar corporation and they have the worst IT ever.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 9.34.01 AM.png

We were able to get our 4 nights Standard Studio at BWV no problem. Originally wanted the first week, but ended up the middle of Dec. Love only using 36 pts in Dec.

I can’t imagine doing it for December. We were lucky enough to get a 1 bedroom BCV from 1/1/22 to 1/7/22 at 7 months by piecing it together day by day behind what was likely Disney marathon walkers. We couldn’t get 12/30/21 and 12/31/22, of course, but that’s my own fault for not adding those dates until 4.5 months out. We have a 1 bedroom standard view booked for BWV for the first full week of December 2022 but it all depends on the kids’ school calendar. If it holds true to pattern, there should be a couple of full professional development days where the kids don’t have to go to school (so they would really be missing only three days of school). If the calendar changes, we will have to cancel :sad2:
We had to cancel this today but I’m not too sad. We opted to extend our Thanksgiving stay for a few days on the front end and to (hopefully) get a 2 bedroom villa at the 7 month mark. Hope you all have amazing December stays!!!

We had to cancel this today but I’m not too sad. We opted to extend our Thanksgiving stay for a few days on the front end and to (hopefully) get a 2 bedroom villa at the 7 month mark. Hope you all have amazing December stays!!!
Hope that works out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter