So excited!!

rszdtrvl

DIS Veteran
We are going to Vegas in March for the Nascar race.

We get there on 3/5 and leave on 3/7. The race is 3/6.

This will be my son and my mother's first time in LV. DH and I have been there twice, the most recent being in January.

Well, my mother and I had talked about seeing a show, but I changed my mind because time was going to be short, and I know she wanted to experience the city.

She called yesterday, thinking she got a great deal for a show, but it turns out that it was not so great.

Today, after talking to DH, we decided that him and DS would see a show, and my mother and I would see a show. The winners : DH and DS will see "Blue Man Group" - Poncho Section (DS was ecstatic when he heard that not only were they seeing BMG, but we got tickets for the "messy" section", and my mother and I are seeing "Tony and Tina's Wedding" - the show she really wanted to see. We will see the shows on Saturday - the day we arrive!

I got great deals on both shows, and they are only a half hour time start time difference, so we will all be at shows at the same time.

I am uber excited, as it is my son's first time in Vegas, and my mothers first time in Vegas, and they are both going to go to a show that they both really want to see.

:banana: :3dglasses :dancer:

I think you are right to be excited.

I understand how one would like to see more of vegas and not sit in a show. For others seeing a show in Vegas is part of the whole experience.

Either way you won't go wrong. Have a great time.

We too are going for the race, but arriving on the 2nd and leaving on the 8th. (Hubbys Christmas gift) Thought since our weekend was going to be spent at the track we would add some days to actually see and do Vegas as we have never been before and can't wait!!!

Your DH and DS will have a blast at Blue Man Group! I am a huge fan of the show and have been multiple times! If you have time I'd also suggest checking out the Fremont Street Experience. Its pretty cool. :)

I am uber excited, as it is my son's first time in Vegas, and my mothers first time in Vegas, and they are both going to go to a show that they both really want to see.
Sounds terrific. Have a great time.

Woody

Your DH and DS will have a blast at Blue Man Group! I am a huge fan of the show and have been multiple times! If you have time I'd also suggest checking out the Fremont Street Experience. Its pretty cool. :)

The Fremont Experience is really cool and definitely worth seeing. We went there on our last night and I was disappointed that we hadn't gone earlier because I would have liked to see it again!

You will have a blast in LV whatever you have time to do:goodvibes

DH and I checked out Fremont in January during our Anniversary trip. With the quickness and as much that is planned on this trip, Fremont will not even be close to a possibility.

We will get to Vegas around 2p-ish, freshen up, explore for a couple of hours, go back to the room to change for the evening activities, and leave for them.

The next day, the bus picks us up at 8am, so we will be at the Speedway until the race is over, and then have the rest of that day to hang out and explore Vegas.

Monday we leave on an early flight home.

I kind of wish we had planned an extra day, but I don't want my son to miss a lot of school. We are really working on him getting his grades up (promised him if he got all A's and B's and only one C that we would take him to Great Wolf this summer - yes bribery....).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!