Snow Days....Smow Days! I AM BACK 6/12

I really want to do a TR because the ones I've read have helped me plan SO much! And you don't see too many from parents with toddlers. We take TONS of pictures anyway, so I would just have to remember to make a point to write things down so I'll remember all the details :)

I am dedicating my night to catching up on PTRs. I love basking in everyones excitement and getting ideas for my own plans. Ill be back

Have you tried adjusting the training wheels so it doesn't wobble as much? It might help him feel more at ease, and then you readjust them later so that he can learn to balance once he's comfy. :confused3

And yes, you need ponchos for your Splash Mtn adventure this year. :lmao: We were miserable after Kali, but we dried pretty quick (it was over 100 all day). Maybe I'll pack ponchos for our trip so we can enjoy the wet rides without suffering afterwards. :rotfl:

:idea: Great idea about adjusting the training wheels. I will definitely have to try that.... Hopefully, he will be riding like a pro before I know it. :cool1:

Your kids are so cute! I can't wait to hear all about your trip - subscribing! :)

:lovestruc Thanks for the kind compliment!!!
So glad you are on board and :welcome: And I also, love your thread! You are doing such a wonderful job with it!!! :worship:

Way, way behind so from what I can remember :-)rolleyes1 :)):

1. CS at Epcot: We tried Sunshine Seasons and it is very good (I know not in the World Showcase but it has a great selection!). We like to be a little adventuresome and we liked Morocco.

2. I love the Disney Store purchases!! Good choices!

3. I am seriously considering ponchos for Kali this year. We got soaked last year and I was planning to skip....that is until the kids heard adn they protested loudly!! :rotfl:

Hopefully I can keep up better now! Your plans are looking good....only 62 days for us so you must be around 66!? :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Yes, I did look over Sunshine Seasons and it looks like it has some yummy food. We may try that this year.

I LOVE shopping for Disney things. I still need to get myself a few more things. :rolleyes1

We never did Kali, so that definitely should be on the agenda for this trip! I am not to keen on getting soaked, either, so I will try to talk DH into the ponchos. I am sure the kiddos would love it!!!!

Yep, still in the 60's in our trip countdown, but we will be in the 50's in a blink of an eye! :banana:

I really want to do a TR because the ones I've read have helped me plan SO much! And you don't see too many from parents with toddlers. We take TONS of pictures anyway, so I would just have to remember to make a point to write things down so I'll remember all the details :)

I agree, the TR are so helpful and FUN to read! I would love to do one, too. I, especially, love the ones with kids in them. It always seems like a lot more of an adventure when people bring their little ones along! :laughing:

I am dedicating my night to catching up on PTRs. I love basking in everyones excitement and getting ideas for my own plans. Ill be back

Yes, PTR and TR sure gets me revved up for our upcoming trip. It is like having a mini vacation while reading along. SOOOO MUCH FUN! :cool1:
Come on back and anytime!!!! popcorn::

SO SICK AND TIRED OF WINTER!!! We have been having more and more warm days lately and my beautiful daffodils had bloomed along with my red bud in my front yard. I had seen many gorgeous dogwoods with their lovely white blossoms gracing the forests around here. I really thought we were well on our way to Spring and done with this. It had been a LONG hard winter this year and the end of last year.

This is what we had to deal with yesterday in St. Louis.

Pic from deck of backyard.

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

My Redbud covered in snow....REALLY? uuuggggh!:sad2:

IMG_1851.jpg

Daffodils.......:sad1:

IMG_1852.jpg

It is beautiful to look at, but I am still sick of it. Ready for capris and sandals.....

I am soooo needing to dream about Disney and get out of this Winter Wonderland. :rolleyes:

Have another BDay celebration for Jay with his Nana, Papa and Mimi (great grandma) at Red Robin for lunch, but when I get back it will be all about Disney.

Up next........3rd day plans in Disney for our upcoming vacation!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I hope the snow clears up soon. :( It's definitely time for the warm weather to shine through!

Ick, I'm not a fan of snow and cold. It's pretty for a day or two and then it's annoying LOL. (I could never live up north!) I hope it clears up for you soon!!! ;)

I am so there with you. One day the weather is beautiful and the next you look outside and there is snow falling.:scared1: I thought it was spring!?!?:confused3 Just another reason to want our Disney trips come faster. (As if any of us needed any reasons.)

I am loving your Disney purchases, good to know that I am not the only one doing Disney shopping. The CM's know me by my first name, and have told me that I can have a job for Christmas if I come back in September. Do you think I go there to much?:confused3 Never!!! I still have a $20 coupon on a $40 purchase to spend.:cloud9:

When we go to Epcot on the same day, we were going to try the Sunshine Seasons that you have already checked out (got some good recommedations in the unoffical Disney Guide) and also the Tangerine Cafe in Marracco. (Something diffrent from burgers and chicken nuggets)

Tell you DD that I love the pic she took of you and your DH on the teacups and she had an excellent future as a photographer.:thumbsup2

Wow,I can't believe you guys had snow,our temp here yesterday was right at 90.We were all complaining,lol.Hope you get some of our sunny weather soon!!

I hope the snow clears up soon. :( It's definitely time for the warm weather to shine through!

Ick, I'm not a fan of snow and cold. It's pretty for a day or two and then it's annoying LOL. (I could never live up north!) I hope it clears up for you soon!!! ;)

Wow,I can't believe you guys had snow,our temp here yesterday was right at 90.We were all complaining,lol.Hope you get some of our sunny weather soon!!

Well, all the snow pretty much melted today with a high in the mid 50's. Daffodils are looking pretty sad with their little heads hanging low to the ground. Everything else looks okay. The dogwoods look like they continued to bloom a little more today. :woohoo: So maybe Spring is really coming!
Yes, really feeling a need for a vacation lately!!!

I am so there with you. One day the weather is beautiful and the next you look outside and there is snow falling.:scared1: I thought it was spring!?!?:confused3 Just another reason to want our Disney trips come faster. (As if any of us needed any reasons.)

I am loving your Disney purchases, good to know that I am not the only one doing Disney shopping. The CM's know me by my first name, and have told me that I can have a job for Christmas if I come back in September. Do you think I go there to much?:confused3 Never!!! I still have a $20 coupon on a $40 purchase to spend.:cloud9:

When we go to Epcot on the same day, we were going to try the Sunshine Seasons that you have already checked out (got some good recommedations in the unoffical Disney Guide) and also the Tangerine Cafe in Marracco. (Something diffrent from burgers and chicken nuggets)

Tell you DD that I love the pic she took of you and your DH on the teacups and she had an excellent future as a photographer.:thumbsup2

Corrine, I see you live in IL, so you for sure feel my pain!!!! :rotfl: Us midwest girls.....how will be survive this funky weather! :lmao:

Now that is pretty awesome, that the CM at the Disney Store know you by name. :worship:

Yes, I think Sunshine Seasons will definitely be on our to do list on this upcoming vacation. Isn't it located near Soarin'? I am so READY to go now!!!!:goodvibes I sure will tell DD that you like her photography skills. She will be so thrilled!

Decided to add another ADR for Monday evening for Olivia's Cafe in Old Key West Resort since we will be in Epcot. It did have some pretty good reviews of it having tasty food! So we shall see! :cool1: If anyone has any input on this restaurant, would love to hear it!!!

On to the 3rd day of our WDW vacation.......this day will be spent at DHS. I really love the vibe :goodvibes of this park. I guess, it is what I would imagine old Hollywood to feel like??? :lmao: But not for sure, since I haven't ever been to Hollywood or even California. But, I like to think this is what it would feel like. :rotfl2:

Favorite rides here are:

ToT
Toy Story Mania
Muppets in 3-D
Great Movie Ride

Would like to try RnR this time, since DD will be tall enough. Now it is just a matter of talking her in to it. :confused3

Least Favorite is that Drew Carrey one. The family and I tried to sit in on that one on our 2009 visit and the kids couldn't sit still for a moment. It may be better for people without children.....:rotfl:

This is also the day that we are going to The 50's Prime Time Cafe. On our 2005 trip, I LOVED this place. I just hope the experience is as magical :wizard: this time. One added bonus is Jay will be with us on this trip and he is a comedian as it is, so I am sure it will be a lot of fun!!!

Here is the menu for 50's PTC - What to have, what to have???? It all looks so good.

Appetizers/Starter

Beer Battered Onion Rings - Served with horseradish sauce. - $7.99
Blue Claw Crab Cake - Lump crab cake served in succotash with chili sauce and crispy onions. - $8.49

Soups/Salads

Aunt Annie's Seafood Salad - Lump Blue Crab, Bay Scallops, ans Shrimp tossed in Citrus Vinaigrette served on seasonal greens - $9.99
Chicken Noodle Soup - Hearty mixture of chicken, vegetables, and egg noodles. - $6.49
Iceberg Lettuce Wedge - Blue heese Dressing, Bacon and Chives - $5.49

Entree/Main Course

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken - Served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and Southern greens. - $15.99
Char-grilled Pork Tenderloin - Glazed with port wine and served with root vegetable hash and apple-raisin chutney. - $20.99
Cousin Barry's Olive Oil Poached Salmon - Mushroom Ragout and swiss chard on roasted garlic mashed potatoes - $20.99
Dad's Traditional Meatloaf - A blend of beef and pork topped with tomato glaze, served with mashed potatoes and green beans. - $14.99
Mom's Old-Fashioned Pot Roast - Slow-cooked 'til fork tender served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions. - $16.99
Top Sirloin Steak - Char-grilled and topped with sauteed mushrooms, red and green peppers, and served with root vegetable hash. - $20.99
Uncle Charlie's Grilled Tuna Casserole - Classic creamy casserole with egg noodles, peppers, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and celery topped with grilled tuna steak and crunchy bread crumbs. - $17.49
Uncle Dana's Artichoke and Risotta Agnolotti - Pearl pasta with roasted zucchini and crookneck squash with a spicy tomato broth - $16.99

Dessert

Dad's Brownie Sundae - Rich fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and caramel topping. - $5.99
Ice Cream Sundaes - Hot Fudge, Caramel, or Strawberry sundae. - $4.99
Seasonal Cobbler - Served a la mode $7.49 - $5.49

I think I got the pot roast last time and it was so scrumptious!! My mouth is just watering thinking about it. :thumbsup2

I found some additional pics at DHS of Kay at "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" Playground. She already looks tiny because she is 5 in this pic, but WOW! that is one big can of playdough or one very small girl. :rotfl:

DSCN1351.jpg

Kay sliding down some film -

DSCN1352.jpg

Mike and Kay riding an ant - :rotfl2:

DSCN1354.jpg

Kay and I

DSCN1346.jpg

The Muppets Water Fountain

DSCN1343.jpg

Up next 4th day........ ANIMAL KINGDOM!!!!

Corrine, I see you live in IL, so you for sure feel my pain!!!! :rotfl: Us midwest girls.....how will be survive this funky weather! :lmao:

Now that is pretty awesome, that the CM at the Disney Store know you by name. :worship:

Yes, I think Sunshine Seasons will definitely be on our to do list on this upcoming vacation. Isn't it located near Soarin'? I am so READY to go now!!!!:goodvibes I sure will tell DD that you like her photography skills. She will be so thrilled!

Yep I'm and midwest girl born and breed. Northern Illinois so I have been definalty feeling the pain. I just found out the the official last day of school is June 1st because of 2 snow days. I told his teacher about the trip and she told me not to worry about it because all the real leasons will be out.:thumbsup2

Sunshine Seasons is located in the Land Pavillion which is the same building where Soarin' and the Circle of Life are located. If you go now, take me in your suitcase.:rotfl2:

On to the 3rd day of our WDW vacation.......this day will be spent at DHS. I really love the vibe :goodvibes of this park. I guess, it is what I would imagine old Hollywood to feel like??? :lmao: But not for sure, since I haven't ever been to Hollywood or even California. But, I like to think this is what it would feel like. :rotfl2:

Favorite rides here are:

ToT
Toy Story Mania
Muppets in 3-D
Great Movie Ride

Would like to try RnR this time, since DD will be tall enough. Now it is just a matter of talking her in to it. :confused3

Least Favorite is that Drew Carrey one. The family and I tried to sit in on that one on our 2009 visit and the kids couldn't sit still for a moment. It may be better for people without children.....:rotfl:

This is also the day that we are going to The 50's Prime Time Cafe. On our 2005 trip, I LOVED this place. I just hope the experience is as magical :wizard: this time. One added bonus is Jay will be with us on this trip and he is a comedian as it is, so I am sure it will be a lot of fun!!!

Here is the menu for 50's PTC - What to have, what to have???? It all looks so good.

I found some additional pics at DHS of Kay at "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" Playground. She already looks tiny because she is 5 in this pic, but WOW! that is one big can of playdough or one very small girl. :rotfl:

DSCN1351.jpg

Kay sliding down some film -

DSCN1352.jpg

Mike and Kay riding an ant - :rotfl2:

DSCN1354.jpg

Kay and I

DSCN1346.jpg

The Muppets Water Fountain

DSCN1343.jpg

Liam just loves DHS. But that is mostly because he loves Stat Tours!!!! I would love to try ToT and RRC, but I know there is no way I can even try to drag him on either of these. I bring it up and he says "No way." It is for his birthday so guess no ToT.:sad1: Maybe one day. I told I definatly wanted to do Splash montain which is the about the biggest thing he will go on.

That menu for 50's is making my mouth water to, and I just ate dinner. I can't wait to eat there.

Liam loves Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. He told me that we definatly have to go back. Maybe I can sneak off to ToT while he is playing, JK:lmao::lmao:

Yep I'm and midwest girl born and breed. Northern Illinois so I have been definalty feeling the pain. I just found out the the official last day of school is June 1st because of 2 snow days. I told his teacher about the trip and she told me not to worry about it because all the real leasons will be out.

Sunshine Seasons is located in the Land Pavillion which is the same building where Soarin' and the Circle of Life are located. If you go now, take me in your suitcase.

Yep, I have a been a Missouri girl all my life.
You guys are lucky to get out June 1st, my DD school doesn't get out until June 6th. She will be missing about a week of school. :confused: Her teacher didn't seem all that upset about it. She said the last week is just playing around not a lot of homework and such.
Looking forward to trying Sunshine Seasons....the kiddos not so much. :rotfl:[/

That menu for 50's is making my mouth water to, and I just ate dinner. I can't wait to eat there.

You and Liam will absolutely love it. I just hope you get a great waitress/waiter that plays the part. The food was very scrumptious, from what I remember.

Liam loves Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. He told me that we definatly have to go back. Maybe I can sneak off to ToT while he is playing, JK

If I happen to see you at the playground, I will keep on eye on him so you can ride some of the bigger rides.....:rotfl: He will never know you were gone. ;)

We're going to 50's PTC too! :) I didn't really want to, because I don't really like that sort of thing and I was worried about the girls not liking strangers talking to them, but DH really wanted to go, so I figured we'd do one thing he wanted to do ;)

I'm looking forward to it now though, I've read lots of good things!

I know DH will get the fried chicken or meatloaf. I might get fried chicken if he doesn't... but maybe the pasta thing. For dessert one of us HAS to get the brownie, omg that thing looks AMAZING!

We're going to 50's PTC too! :) I didn't really want to, because I don't really like that sort of thing and I was worried about the girls not liking strangers talking to them, but DH really wanted to go, so I figured we'd do one thing he wanted to do ;)

I'm looking forward to it now though, I've read lots of good things!

I know DH will get the fried chicken or meatloaf. I might get fried chicken if he doesn't... but maybe the pasta thing. For dessert one of us HAS to get the brownie, omg that thing looks AMAZING!

:rotfl: You sound just like my hubby. He was very apprehensive about going, too, but it was a lot of fun and it makes for great memories. :love: You won't be the only one that they interact with and it is sooo much fun watching everyone get harrassed. :lmao: Just go along with it and have a great time! That is part of the magic. pixiedust: and the food it very yummy, too!!! I have heard great things about the fried chicken. You will have to let us know how you liked it. :woohoo: Good luck! :goodvibes

Okay, that makes for a great title, but serious I have been counting down all along. :rotfl2:
We are officially in the 50's until our WDW trip!!! 59 to be exact!!!! I am so excited I am about to dance a jig! It would kind of go something like this. :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2: Let the celebrating begin!!!! :dancer:party:

Okay, that makes for a great title, but serious I have been counting down all along. :rotfl2:
We are officially in the 50's until our WDW trip!!! 59 to be exact!!!! I am so excited I am about to dance a jig! It would kind of go something like this. :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2: Let the celebrating begin!!!! :dancer:party:

We're in the 50's?:scared1: OMG still so much planning to do!!

Oh and let me add some:banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:to the mix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter