• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snacking around...

Albytaps

Mickey's Biggest Fan
If you were to wander around each park (on different days) list what snacks you would eat along the way if you couldn't sit down to eat at any table or counter service restaurant. For example:

Magic Kingdom
1. Start with a cream cheese pretzel in tomorrowland
2. Get a funnel cake from Sleepy Hollow
3. Turkey leg from frontierland
4. Etc.

You can say it however you want, I just want to hear what some ideal snacking places are throughout Disneyland and California Adventure. And be as specific as you'd like, I've never been so the more details the easier it will be for me to find it!

Thanks!

So, if it were me at DL I would stop at Bengal BBQ for some skewers, some beignets from the Mint Julep bar in New Orleans Square, Turkey Leg from several places around the park.

At CA, a sundae at Ghirardelli, frozen lemonade over at Paradise Pier (come to think of it we haven't eaten a lot of places at CA)

I purposely left out Starbucks locations but I like them for a coffee or an iced tea while walking around too.

No CS location!?! I'm going to fudge a little...

Disneyland
1. Start at Starbucks and get a drink (peppermint soy mocha for me)
2. Head to Tomorrowland for a churro
3. Head to Edelweiss Snacks for a pork shank
4. Head Small World Mall for a Mickey Pretzel
5. Head to Frontierland (Golden Horseshoe) for a Rootbeer Float
6. Head to NOS for a beignets and a mint juelp (Mint Julep Bar - kind of a CS, but not really)
7. Head to Critter Country for a Tigger Tail
8. Head back to Adventureland for some skewers at Bengal BBQ
9. Head the Tiki Birds for a Dole Whip Float
10. Get a Turkey Leg at the Hub
11. Head to Candy Place for a Caramel Chocolate Apple
12. Exit the park with a bucket of popcorn from Town Square

Disney's California Adventure
1. Start with a Mickey Marshmallow Cone at Trolly Treats
2. Ice Cream Sundae at Clarabelle's (I like the Hot Fudge Sundae in the Trolley Car)
3. Another Starbucks drink
4. Popcorn by Soarin'
5. Turkey Leg by TSM
6. Ice Cream Sundae at Ghiradelli's
7. Frozen Apple Juice and Pretzel Bites at the Cozy Cones
8. Frozen Apple Slushie at Mad T
9. Caramel Corn from Popcorn stand by Elias & Co (I've not actually had it, but I've always been curious)

figment_jii said:

DL
6. Head to NOS for a beignets and a mint juelp (Mint Julep Bar - kind of a CS, but not really)
12. Exit the park with a bucket of popcorn from Town Square

I totally forgot about churros

I'm afraid I wouldn't be "snacking around." You'd find my butt permanently planted in Adventureland, eating as many Dole Whips as humanly possible.

Disneyland
12. Exit the park with a bucket of popcorn from Town

Add in a corn dog from the red wagon(or swap it out for the turkey leg) and a Boysen Apple freeze from Maurice's in Fantasy Faire, and I'd be so full...but so happy...but so full

At DL:
-Id pick up a corn dog at the cart at the end if Main Street.
-walk towards the castle and have a churro
- head to edelweiss snacks in fantasyland for a pork shank and chile lime corn on the cob
- pick up beignets in New Orleans square
- pineapple dole whip float from adventureland
- Cheese Mickey pretzel on Main Street

DCA:
- beer by pacific wharf!!

Kristina4109 said:
I'm afraid I wouldn't be "snacking around." You'd find my butt permanently planted in Adventureland, eating as many Dole Whips as humanly possible.

Let me know when, so I'll sit further down from you. I will have a paper bag at the ready, just in case you may need it.

;)

Lol

I feel like my butt is getting bigger just thinking about this...

1. Jalapeno-cheese pretzel with mustard - Coke shop on Main Street
2. Corn Dog - red truck on Main St.
3. Churro - Sleeping Beauty's Castle
4. Turkey Leg - Main Street hub
5. Mickey Premium ice cream bar - ToonTown entrance (watch the show)
6. Missing the McDonald's Fry cart near BTMRR :worried:
7. Bacon wrapped asparagus - Bengal BBQ (watch Fantasmic)
8. Mint Julep - Cafe New Orleans
9. Tigger Tail - Pooh's Corner
10. Dole Whip - Tiki Bar (dip churro in Dole whip and eat it)

DCA
1. Java Chip Frap - Starbucks
2. Cotton Candy - by Soaring
3. Corn Dog (Corn Dog Castle) & Chili Cone (Cozy Cone) - eat them together
4. Cookies n Cream ice cream from Ghiradelli's - pour hot coffee on top.
5. Main Street Popcorn - Caramel Corn (sold in bags throughout DL and DCA in merch stores)

Hey! It's ok, if ones butt gets bigger, for as long as the rest of one does too. That way the body will be in proportion. Lol....no...really!

I only do snacks in DL. In DCA I always end up doing a nice meal somewhere and have time finding snacks I care for.

Mickey Bar

Dole Whip

Bacon wrapped asparagus from Benagal BBQ

Diet Coke and Lime from the little market by Jungle Cruise

Mint Julep

So refreshing to see that so many of my fellow Dissers (sp?) aren't afraid to enjoy a little junk food.

While I love the suggestions above, I must say that two of my favorite snacks are purchased out in Downtown Disney. I take the Monorail over and first walk to the Jazz Kitchen Express to get my beignets. I have had the ones in NOS, but the ones here are just better in my opinion. Also, before getting back on the Monorail, I stop off and get a bag of Caramel flavored Kettle Corn. :love:

While I love the suggestions above, I must say that two of my favorite snacks are purchased out in Downtown Disney. I take the Monorail over and first walk to the Jazz Kitchen Express to get my beignets. I have had the ones in NOS, but the ones here are just better in my opinion. Also, before getting back on the Monorail, I stop off and get a bag of Caramel flavored Kettle Corn. :love:

Where is the Carmel flavored Kettle Corn? That sounds amazing!!

..tail inPooh Corner, would love to have this with a big glass of cold milk !

A corn dog but as a meal not a snack.

Oh huh I cannot believe I almost forgot....a big loaf of sourdough from the Pacific Wharf; Mickey or Mater to rip up and share.

A dole whip in DL or an Orange Float at the Ice Cream place on the Boarwalk just past Ariel's before you walk down to Screamin'.

A Frozen Lemonade around the Rivers of America if it is super Hot outside. Had these in October 2012 when the temperatures were above 40 degrees Celsius ( 100 deg Farh.), we took a solid half hour and sat across from the exit to BTMRR in a nice shady spot and savoured the slow enjoyment of Frozen Lemonade

Honestly though too much snacking and I find we ware only hungry enough for lunch or supper not both.
I did want to get some cut mango with chili at the market stand outside of the Jungle Cruise...but alas we were not hungry when we walked by last time.

Where is the Carmel flavored Kettle Corn? That sounds amazing!!
As you get off of the Monorail and exit the station, turn left and take the bridge towards the parks. There is a Kettle Corn cart on the bridge, (the last time I was there, it was on the right side of the bridge).

They also have a regular Kettle Corn cart outside of World of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter