Smoking on Verandahs????

As a smoker, I've always felt that my right to smoke does not supersede your right to breathe clean air. I think many smokers feel the same way - we don't want to make anyone else uncomfortable with our smoking. I know if someone next to our stateroom asked us not to smoke on the balcony, I would gladly comply. I know not everyone would, but I think you would be surprised with how many smokers do try to be considerate.

Pete

:thumbsup2

I am an occaisonal smoker and on the ship just smoked in the upstairs sections. Our neighbors in the Veranda did smoke and it came over to my area. Did not really bother me but I did notice it.

At least you aren't like the one person, who said one time on another smoking thread that she would spray Lysol at the person smoking on the verandah next to her!! :eek:

wow, what an attitude for someone to have...(referrring to the OP of the comment you referenced)
w/a DH smoker I can say he would never hesistate to work w/ a neighbor especially on a vacation, but let me say if anyone ever spraye anything at anyone on MY verandah I would seriously consider pressing charges.

IDK what you do and how big a show you put on on your own, but don't dare try something like that with me.

I think we have moved from discussing how to deal w/ the allowance of smoking on a verandah to what seems to me as a board newbie, basically a debate over a mute point. Smoking is allowed in said areas, and while you will have exceptions to every rule (such as minors drinking, people not properly insuring their motor vehicles, and the like) in my vacation experiences I have found that smokers do tend to follow guidelines. We could debate all year about that handful that don't, but why not rather realize that most people are human and are able to be selfless (at least for a short time) especially when a childs health is involved. :confused:

Does smoke ever waft to your verandah from the public smoking areas on decks 4 and 9? Since those public areas are on the starboard side, does it help (for a nonsmoker) to get a port room, so as to avoid the smoke wafting from the public areas?

Also, what about those verandah rooms that have the solid wall that shows up every 4 or 5 rooms? Does the solid wall offer more protection from neighboring smokers?

We recently were on the Wonder Panama Canal cruise and had a Navigator's Verandah (cat 7) stateroom. There are solid walls separating the verandahs. My wife smokes on the verandah and had asked our neighbors if her smoking bothered them. They both indicated that they had no idea that she smoked. So perhaps getting one of those rooms would help - of course they are only available on the Magic and Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter