Votes: 12 16.9%

Votes: 7 9.9%

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 1 - Very Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Healthy Living is something we should all do, and some of us do it better than others, which leads me to ask….
How would you rate YOURSELF with healthy living?

*10 is outstanding
*1 is very bad
*No other today - we are all living, so we all can give ourself a number.

For Me…..This is tough for me, because I am proud of myself with healthy living, and I would love to do more, but my ulcerative colitis prevents me from eating & drinking a lot of healthy things. I workout between 4-6 hours a week and I could make myself do more, but I don’t want to. I would love to eat organic, but holy moly, it’s so expensive, so I don’t. I rarely eat or drink anything from fast food or regular restaurants. I rarely drink soda or booze. So with all that being said….I’ll rate myself at a 7.

3686EB67-6D12-4C1C-9122-9DB59F3473AE.png

I’m not not doing well - thanks to my spinal injury I had to give up exercise as any little bit puts be in days & days of severe pain - I’ve always had weird eating habits - most days I don’t eat much of anything and I enjoy red meat way too much - I drink very little so plus there ! I’m sure my stress will do me in 🤣🤣

middle....5

I exercise 5 days a week (well, before the hip fracture.....hope to get back to it next doctor check).
I try to eat healthy but I do love non healthy things too. I like fast food once in awhile, a cookie or brownie here and there.
I drink mostly water, but like a soda too.

I'm about middle of the road. I am active, at the gym during the winter and hiking/walking outdoors in the warmer months, I actually like a lot of healthy foods, and I don't smoke and only rarely drink alcohol. My lab numbers are consistently within normal ranges when my doctor orders bloodwork. But I lean too hard into takeout and fast food when we're busy or I'm stressed, I was overweight even when I was a student-athlete and working out hard 6 days a week (which is certainly not my adult lifestyle!), and I have an off-and-on addiction to diet soda.

I try very hard to live healthy. But I know that I need to lose about 15 lbs which crept on during menopause and which I have not been able to lose. Very frustrating to say the least. I am also on levothyroxine for my thyroid which I have been taking since I had a nodule removed about 32 years ago along with radioactive iodine treatment which killed off the rest of the thyroid. But no excuses. My downfall is exercise. While I love to walk and do consistently as well as being on my feet most of the day, I know I need to up the intensity level and also do more strength training which I tend to do more sporadically. I literally need to just get my rear in gear!

As far as eating healthy I think I do pretty good with that. I try to stick to mostly a Mediterranean diet. I eat a ton of vegetables (love them), lean proteins, Greek yogurt, nuts and beans. I should eat more fruits but am always worrying about the calories. I also have something called lymphocytic colitis which is greatly affected by diet so I try and eat foods which are nutrient dense and make me feel good.

I have never smoked, drink red wine occasionally, don’t drink soda or juices and very very rarely eat fast food.

I just need to do more intense exercise. No one to blame but myself in that ongoing battle. I guess I would also give myself a 7.

middle....5

I exercise 5 days a week (well, before the hip fracture.....hope to get back to it next doctor check).
I try to eat healthy but I do love non healthy things too. I like fast food once in awhile, a cookie or brownie here and there.
I drink mostly water, but like a soda too.
Dang I’d put you a lot higher than a 5 you sound like a solid 8 to me 👍👍 I’m lije a lowly 2 🤣🤣 I’m wearing it proud - seriously you need to up your number your selling yourself short your doing a lot of good things ❤️

Probably about an 8, I’d say. I try to eat pretty clean most days and I’ve completely given up caffeine years ago plus I limit alcohol to maybe once every other week or so. I workout for at least an hour 4-5 days a week, a combination of cardio and weight training and I feel like I’m in about the best shape I’ve been in years, aside from having maybe 10 pounds to shed.

Reactions: slo
4. I can’t honestly give myself a very high number here, based on my understanding of what you’re trying to get at. :o I am generally quite healthy, but that’s due to grace and decent genetics. I don’t have much mental or physical energy to focus on healthy habits. We put way more effort into our spiritual and emotional well-being and what we’re putting out into the world.

I'm fortunate, I guess, to have a very good understanding of the basics of proper nutrition, hygiene and environmental safety, and all the resources needed to make good choices, including access to health care. We do have a few bad habits though, and as we age, it’s way more apparent what the effects are. We keep saying “someday” we will improve our fitness.

We put way more effort into our spiritual and emotional well-being and what we’re putting out into the world.
Don’t discount that this plays as much a part in one’s health as other things like eating and exercise. 👍🏻

It’s a whole package: genetics, lifestyle, habits, stress levels, outlook, etc.

I’d like to say I’m a 7 or so, but due to job stress I’m probably more like a 6, if I’m being honest. Working long, crazy hours and dealing with incredibly stressful situations almost constantly, is exhausting. I do eat well and keep my emotional health steady in ways that I can. I drink rarely, don’t smoke, and exercise most days, but I could do more.

I think more vacations are in order. :goodvibes

I'm somewhere in the high middle. I work out 3 to 4 times a week, mixing cardio/strength/stretches. My workouts aren't intense, my body gave me the what for years ago so I have bad knees and osteopenia so am a little limited in what I can do. I do eat fairly healthy. I have GERD and have been able to control it with Nexium up to about 6 months ago when it all went to he!!! in a handbasket. I started getting attacks about once every month which put me in bed for 2 days and in recovery for about 3 more. Terrible back and upper stomach pain, stuff coming out both ends (don't want to get too graphic) for about 24 to 48 hours. At first I just thought I had a combination of food poisoning with a reflux attack but since it's happened once a month since then and the last time I had eaten nothing spicy at all, literally just cereal and potato skins, I'm pretty sure it's not the GERD. I have a doctors appointment at the end of this month so hopefully, she can figure it out. Before that I had been pretty much sticking to a low carb, low fat, low sugar diet since I have very high triglycerides that I'm on two different drugs to try to get a handle on. It's genetic but I was hoping the diet could help the drugs along. I do eat fast food every once in awhile but if I do it's usually a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich. I don't drink anything but water or coffee or hot tea. Before this last series of attacks I would have the occasional glass of wine or beer but have cut that out until the doc. can figure out what the problem is. I've also cut out all spices that have any heat in them, including plain old table pepper.

I play soccer consistently and eat fairly healthy...however-I won't go to the gym and have been known to indulge in fast food from time to time

I gave myself a 4. I can't do anything consistently.

I'm pretty good with diet. I don't eat sweets regularly, no sodas, smallish portions and I maintain my weight enough that way. It's the physical activity I have issues with. All through 2018-2021 I had an issue with my foot/ankle. It really stopped me from doing most types of activity with any merit to it. FInally had foot reconstructive surgery in 2021 which fixed the issue but was a long recovery. Got back to working out and was doing well for about 7 months. Got COVID which derailed me for 3 months. Got back to it, got my fitness back up and then something started with my right knee and hip. Haven't done anything since November. Doctors aren't helpful. I'm just pissed.

I gave myself a 4, but only because I generally eat healthy, don’t drink or smoke, but I rarely exercise. I should probably reduce that number.

In the middle. I struggle with my weight, but eat fairly well and exercise (walking) pretty regularly. No smoking and limited social drinking. My life is less stressful right now than it has been in years.

I gave myself a 4. I'm fat, but I don't have any of the medical problems associated with obesity (knock wood.) But it's not healthy and beginning to affect how I feel in general. I have given up caffeine and am trying to give up refined sugar-that last one is not going well. I don't exercise.

Shoot. Should've probably given myself a 2. :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter