• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Slim pickings on the DVC resale front.

DL tower is the one I am holding out for blue card too. Since I live in Colorado, CA is so easy for us and GC is just crazy exp. We shall see how much money we have when it does go on sale though.
I’m already a blue card member but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy DL tower immediately. I’m just a little afraid of how much Disney will charge. I’ve heard that it will price at $250 per point or more considering the crazy demand for another DVC in Anaheim. I guess we’ll see in 2023!

Boy am I glad I bought over the summer. VGF has taken off like a rocket.

There's still a few deals out there, but not many!

Boy am I glad I bought over the summer. VGF has taken off like a rocket.

There's still a few deals out there, but not many!

Seems like Disney is driving up prices as well - any decent deals getting scooped up in ROFR

Looks like resale restrictions may not be hurting DVC after all.
Every time they implement a new restriction, people incessantly discuss the adverse affects on the resale market, and none of them come to fruition. At this point, they could require a blood donation for resale owners to be allowed to check in and people would be happy to oblige, justifying it as a good deed and worth the savings.

I found one that I probably would buy right now. It has been sale for a while, reduced price but the problem is there is no point Disney will take it. $113 PP asking price for boardwalk. It would take a miracle for it to go through.

I found one that I probably would buy right now. It has been sale for a while, reduced price but the problem is there is no point Disney will take it. $113 PP asking price for boardwalk. It would take a miracle for it to go through.
You can always offer above the asking price.

You can always offer above the asking price.
Yeah except that at a higher price I wouldn't want it, lol. I would take it for $105-$110. I don't want a 350 point contract with a 2042 expiry. I know I am going to find it very difficult to pay a reasonable price on a contract now after just closing on my $70 PP Aulani contract. I know myself and now I will want to find a way to better or match that kind of price which I am sure won't/can't happen. IE I probably won't be buying anymore.

Yeah except that at a higher price I wouldn't want it, lol. I would take it for $105-$110. I don't want a 350 point contract with a 2042 expiry. I know I am going to find it very difficult to pay a reasonable price on a contract now after just closing on my $70 PP Aulani contract. I know myself and now I will want to find a way to better or match that kind of price which I am sure won't/can't happen. IE I probably won't be buying anymore.
May be worth putting in an offer, 350 points may sit a while and DVC may let it slide. Not sure if having current or banked points would make a difference for DVC to consider buying it.

I feel you .... had BLT for 100$ .

I feel you .... had BLT for 100$ .
Yeah I remember you got it during the covid stretch where they didn't take anything back. We tried to get BLT but it was right when they started their crazy percentage of BLT buybacks in November. During the Covid ROFR freeze it wasn't the right time for us with how bad the CDN dollar was and the unknowns. The dollar is almost 20% better now. We would love to have Boardwalk but with the shorter expiry, it needs to be a good price for me to want to get it. I just got Aulani with 20 years longer for a little over half the price. Obviously, I would rather have boardwalk but not for $120+ that it seems people have to pay now. We have 3 nights booked at BWV in Sept if we can cross the border, so even though we don't own there we will have times where we stay at all of the resorts. We own at Aul and OKW and are booked at BWV(boardwalk view) and BRV for 9 nights in a 2 bedroom

Every time they implement a new restriction, people incessantly discuss the adverse affects on the resale market, and none of them come to fruition. At this point, they could require a blood donation for resale owners to be allowed to check in and people would be happy to oblige, justifying it as a good deed and worth the savings.
RIGHT?!? Here also. I feel so badly for anyone (and I'm sure there's many) who lost money or got locked out of ownership waited for the bottom of the market to fall out or for Riviera to sell resale for $40 pp or January for people to throw their contracts out the window for nothing because dues are due.

What is up with resale market?? I almost listed our floridian contract last year because we haven't been using it - usually end up at one of the epcot resorts - but the kids want it so i will add their names to the contract in another couple years. Glad we didn't list

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter