• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Slim pickings on the DVC resale front.

Been looking at the resale contracts for fun and it looks pretty sparse. Looks like resale restrictions may not be hurting DVC after all.
Yeah I noticed too. People are actually buying Riviera resale. And I’m sure direct sales are doing pretty well too. Demand is sky high!

It’s definitely slim pickings. I have a feb UY and SSR a week ago didn’t have any contracts on the market. A few have been added this week but for one of the biggest properties to not have any contracts in the second most popular UY besides Dec is crazy.

I’m tempted in doing the same with Riviera. I just wish Disney would decide on my ROFRs already so I could decide before the promotion ends!
Yeah - we had a contract taken in ROFR and looked at what we were going to pay for that contract and realized with current incentives (plus we get a military discount) and realized the ultimate difference wasn't that significant in price...we were looking at a select group of popular resorts where the prices keep pushing higher and higher. We already own at Riviera - so definitely advantages to having more points at our home resort that we love and getting use years aligned, etc

Yeah - we had a contract taken in ROFR and looked at what we were going to pay for that contract and realized with current incentives (plus we get a military discount) and realized the ultimate difference wasn't that significant in price...we were looking at a select group of popular resorts where the prices keep pushing higher and higher. We already own at Riviera - so definitely advantages to having more points at our home resort that we love and getting use years aligned, etc
Did you buy RR direct? I’m so tempted but I’m trying to hold off for the new DL tower, which likely won’t have any discounts or promotions but will probably sell out instantly despite the resale restrictions.

Did you buy RR direct? I’m so tempted but I’m trying to hold off for the new DL tower, which likely won’t have any discounts or promotions but will probably sell out instantly despite the resale restrictions.

We did buy direct - first contract during the covid incentives and realized we didn't get enough points (ack!) so debated between buying a pretty decent size contract at another resort and alternating resorts every other year or ultimately buying more riviera direct. We are young - so planning on a growing family and holding the contract for the long-term

Also was very tempted by DL tower, but we are in the southeast - so WDW is where we go very regularly - cheap flights, drivable if we need to - vs. CA would be a much more infrequent trip

Also was very tempted by DL tower, but we are in the southeast - so WDW is where we go very regularly - cheap flights, drivable if we need to - vs. CA would be a much more infrequent trip
I could easily see the need for addonitis especially at the Riviera and their high points chart. We are a Hawaii family so DL is obviously our park of choice but we all know how hard it is to own at the Grand Cal. We own at Copper Creek but Riviera looks amazing and wish we could own there too.

I’m tempted in doing the same with Riviera. I just wish Disney would decide on my ROFRs already so I could decide before the promotion ends!

Just saying you could start a contract with direct and then always back out. I can't remember if its 10 or 14 days but it will say on the contract. Also sometime they can hold the promotion for a number of days after it expires if you were talking with them as well.

The resale prices are crazy high, and it is slim pickings. I don't think the RR prices/promotions are that great, but it's not that much off the mark compared to some of the resale prices now. I'm kicking myself not to get another 100 points of RR back when we added on in December, for the last promotion. Heck, I'm really kicking myself not jumping on the summertime promotion, when we thought the world was ending with C19. THAT was a deal and a half.

Yeah I noticed too. People are actually buying Riviera resale. And I’m sure direct sales are doing pretty well too. Demand is sky high!
We bought direct at RR and would like another 100 points there, but since the prices jumped so much, so quickly, now we are looking for a resale there. I'd be curious to know how many direct RR owners like us are interested in the resale there. It is a points-heavy chart, so to stay there, you need a decent amount to make it work.

With savings rates at all time highs and all the money printing/distribution, we should expect continued higher prices/costs for all resorts and Disney products.

DL tower is the one I am holding out for blue card too. Since I live in Colorado, CA is so easy for us and GC is just crazy exp. We shall see how much money we have when it does go on sale though.

yes good time to sell! we are selling our OKW but looking to rebuy in resale at BRV and cant find much! ughhh

COVID has allowed a lot of families like ours to save a decent amount. People are desperate for vacations so COVID has allowed a lot of people to buy in for the long term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter