Sleep aids?

Interestingly, people who take Ambien et al can sometimes go sleep walking big time. It is not unknown for someone to wake up and discover they've bought several yards of superconductor in their sleep!

Wake up!!! By golly, she must still be asleep! :laughing:

I was on Ambien for awhile and sent lots of interesting emails to people I didn't normally email. :scared1: I eventually went to a low dose of seroquel, which I still have just in case, but I haven't taken in quite awhile. Benadryl wires me--when I forget and take it for allergies I am awake ALL night.

Woops! Forgot to give you the update...

It worked pretty good (the Trazodone) on half a pill. I woke up a few times but fell back asleep fairly easily. I'm going to try a whole pill tonight.

I like to shop a lot when I take my ambien! I realize that I'm doing it, and I remember it in the morning, I just can't stop my self at times! I also send some very outgoing emails that I'm generally too shy to do!

I'm hospitalized a lot and can never sleep when I'm there so sometimes I ask for Ambien. It works pretty well for me. About a year ago I was on a new antidepressant for my migraines (I have a migraine every single day) and it was giving me insomnia. My doctor gave me trazadone or however you spell it. He said to start with one pill and I could work up to taking 6 of them at night. Even taking 6 didn't work for me. I eventually had to change antidepressants.

It's hard to sleep when I'm in pain so I depend on my muscle relaxers to knock me out. I currently can't sleep without taking Zanaflex.

Oh yeah, I've tried meditation, hypnotherapy audio files from iTunes and calming music. They haven't helped.

Jennasis, you said in your OP that you don't drink caffeine at night -- try not drinking it after 10 am. Especially if it's coffee, not soda -- coffee has MUCH higher caffeine levels than Coke or Diet Coke. I used to stop drinking caffeine by 5 pm, and I had trouble sleeping -- waking up at 2 or 3 am and not being able to go back to sleep -- for YEARS. Finally, I thought I'd try cutting back on the caffeine -- what a difference! Now I rarely have that problem. I don't drink anything with caffeine (and I'm a Diet Coke, not coffee drinker) past lunchtime, and I try to make it only 1 can during the day (sometimes more if I go out to lunch, but that's rare). For some people, caffeine can stay in your system for HOURS and HOURS. A lot of people don't believe this -- my DSIL says she drinks DC with caffeine all evening and it doesn't affect her at all, but at the same time she complains that she doesn't sleep well. Go figure. Good luck getting it figured out. We're going through this with DS17 -- he sleeps terribly, but doesn't -- and never has -- drink caffeine, and won't take medication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter