Sister Wives

Oh
Just read an article that stated this is the last season. According to the article, TLC didn't want to renew the show but Kody renegotiated the contract from $180,000 per adult down to $180,000 total just to squeeze in another season.
I don't feel so bad about tacos for 400 people , they can afford it-lol! jk WOW! I didn't realize that's how much they were making. Now that some of the kids are 18 does that mean they would have got $180,000 too? Maddy and her husband would be responsible but imagine what Tony and Mykelti would spend it on. Tony would buy a lot of coconut water and tacos-lol!

Just read an article that stated this is the last season. According to the article, TLC didn't want to renew the show but Kody renegotiated the contract from $180,000 per adult down to $180,000 total just to squeeze in another season.
If that was the original agreement the compensation costs of the show would have almost tripled over the years as 7 of the children are now adults. I’m not sure a network like TLC has that kind of budget for any show.

Does anybody know when the wedding episode is scheduled to air?

If that was the original agreement the compensation costs of the show would have almost tripled over the years as 7 of the children are now adults. I’m not sure a network like TLC has that kind of budget for any show.

this coming Sunday

The article didn't specify but I'm thinking it had to be just for the wives and Kody.

New to the boards, but not to the show. Christine, regardless of her high singing and over the top-ness is my favorite of the wives. I like that she isn't apologizing for her initial reaction, but is trying to show now that she's good with Mykelti getting married. She's brutally honest, and Mykelti has always been a handful over the years. I think anything less than Tony's (albeit obnoxious) assertiveness would spell disaster for the marriage. She'd run roughshod right over him. Janelle is my second favorite, and it has been nice to see a softer side to her this year. I've always admired her practical nature, but thought she came off unnecessarily cold. Being a grandma is warming that up a bunch. Meri and Robin are tied for a distant last place. Meri, because she is so checked out....leave already. The divorce is final and it's obvious you don't want to be there. Robyn....just ugh. She's a propagandist at best, and a hypocrite at worst. All of her family unity nonsense and she wouldn't let Meri take Solomon to Utah and begrudgingly let Garrison hold Ariella. She talks a good game, but you can tell it's probably torture to be around her if she's not getting her way. Meri came as close as I've seen any of them come to saying it lately....it's very difficult to tell if Robyn is being honest or just choosing the right words that make her sound the most understanding.

I’m thinking that’s why we don’t really see the oldest son (his name escapes me at the moment) and his girlfriend much. Just little flashes of them here and there. There’s probably a stipulation of how much air time you will actually get paid for.

I will be hugely disappointed if this ridiculous wedding is the finale. Hate to admit it but I’ll miss the show. Them being in Vegas, in my neighborhood (in general, their kids go to Centennial , my kids are zoned for Centennial) and recognizing where they’re at makes them feel like they’re “ours,” train wreck and all, lol.

I feel the show will be back if it has good train wreck stories. Look at the Duggers, they had the worst kind of scandal you can possible have, yet they continued the show with the girls.

Good on Kody for being firm and telling Mykelti he wasn’t taking those babies outside.

Mykelti demanding people get down there NOW. A lot of good it did her, they pretty much ignored her.

Tony sticking his fork in all the cakes. :sick:

The piñatas were...horrifying.

I thought the dancing was super fast too. Kody and Christine did way better than the youngins though.

Thank goodness this wedding is over. It was about three episodes too long.

Watching Tony eat almost made me vomit. He is absolutely repulsive. Oh, and they can talk about how crowded it was inside all they want, but we saw all of the empty chairs. There was nowhere near 400 people there.

Watching Tony eat almost made me vomit. He is absolutely repulsive. Oh, and they can talk about how crowded it was inside all they want, but we saw all of the empty chairs. There was nowhere near 400 people there.
I got the impression a lot of people showed up after the ceremony. If you’re essentially crashing the reception, too damn bad if you didn’t get a taco. :rotfl2:

Where do I start?? Mykelti really does have an attitude problem..even when she speaks at the interview on the couch, she tends to look up at the ceiling like she is better than anyone. Tony is IMHO disgusting and someone who loves the spotlight and wants to be the center of attention. His comments during the ceremony were not necessary like when he took the ring off of his brosman..no comment was necessary but yet he felt the need to say something. I could not believe when he stuck his fork into the cake and took a bite...disgusting! The first dance...where do I begin...Christine said that Tony was such a good dancer...if that was good dancing then my husband and I are Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Christine's singing...OMG...I give her credit for getting up there and doing it in front of all of the people but some things are better left in the shower!! Tony had to say a comment about that..he never heard of that song. This wedding was a total hot mess. Maddie's was so much nicer and you didn't see her very much at all last night.

Where do I start?? Mykelti really does have an attitude problem..even when she speaks at the interview on the couch, she tends to look up at the ceiling like she is better than anyone. Tony is IMHO disgusting and someone who loves the spotlight and wants to be the center of attention. His comments during the ceremony were not necessary like when he took the ring off of his brosman..no comment was necessary but yet he felt the need to say something. I could not believe when he stuck his fork into the cake and took a bite...disgusting! The first dance...where do I begin...Christine said that Tony was such a good dancer...if that was good dancing then my husband and I are Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Christine's singing...OMG...I give her credit for getting up there and doing it in front of all of the people but some things are better left in the shower!! Tony had to say a comment about that..he never heard of that song. This wedding was a total hot mess. Maddie's was so much nicer and you didn't see her very much at all last night.
He stuck the fork in like three cakes! The fork he’d just put in his mouth. So gross. I FF through Christine’s “singing.”

Ok, so number one I was kinda shocked at how much heavier both Mykelti and Tony looked- especially in the "couch interview".
Number two- Mykelti certainly came off as bratty. From snapping at her sister and ordering everyone around and decreeing "it's MY day" with no thought or compassion for her bridal party or guests. And honestly, I thought her non reaction to her mom cutting up her wedding dress to make freaking flowers for her bouquet kind of odd. I mean, i found it a very meaningful guesture.
Number three- I was surprised the buffet was make your own tacos, because I noticed people really piling a ton of meat for tacos. Including Tony who had at least three tacos worth of meat on each taco. It's no wonder they were running out of food. And on the subject of food it was totally disgusting to watch Tony stick is his fork in every single cake.
Number four- bride and groom Piñatas. Just tacky.
Number five- Tony dancing with Mykelti looked a little manic and aggressive.
Number six- was there no where else for them to take pictures? It was either outside or in the reception room? That venue doesn't have a pretty lobby or anything?
Number seven - it certainly did not look even close to 400 people at the ceremony

Mykelti needs a smack and I LOVED Cody putting her in her place about the pictures. She was so whiny about I don't care it its cold, it's going to be outside and then gets his coat put on her. blech..
Watching her get the gifts from her moms was awful. She's just so rude.
Christine's singing was....embarrassing. Did you see Janelle in the background of one shot, she was staring at the floor.
The dancing was agressive! I thought he was going to pull her arm out of her socket. And one little teeny tent for dancing. What?
And how did they dance after all that candy and mess were on the floor?! Hope somebody pulled out a broom.

That wedding was such a contrast to Mady's. Jenelle just seems so much more refined and Mady's wedding was much more dignified. That trainwreck was awful.

Her dress was pretty though.

I thought Mykelti look amazing she was beautiful.
I was glad Kody put his foot down about taking the babies outside to get there pics taken
Who was the boy in Christine and Kody family photo don't they have all girls?
I thought the pinata would have been better if they weren't supposed to of Mykelti and Tony.
I agree with the PP who was shocked it was buffet when they were trying to watch cost.
When they were doing the couch interviews did Mykelti hair look grey?
I agree about the dance Tony was super rough with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter