Sister Wives

I thought it was interesting that the family friend/officiant for the wedding came over to Robyn before they were set for pictures and said something like "Oh you're sick??". He had a 'tude in his voice, so it makes me think Mykelti said something to him to make him think Robyn just didn't want to be in the pictures. Then saying "it's my day so this is my decision"...yeah right little brat. I wouldn't be going out there for pictures either.

They made too big of a deal of Tony giving Mykelti the coat during the ceremony. Sure it was nice, but it wasn't a sign that he will protect and honor her. His other actions speak louder, IMO.

I didn't think the pinatas were such a big deal when they first talked about them, but seeing them actually beat the heck out of them made me cringe.

The next week's preview was interesting. I remember they went to the Women's March in D.C., but they made a comment wondering if they should have been there. I don't think there were any negatives about the marches or any of them getting out of control, so that's going to be interesting to see what they say.

I know I should not have been surprised when Robyn said she only had 3-4 hours sleep in 3 days due to a sick child but I would have expected with a family that large (with live-in mothers and sister wives) somebody should have stepped in and helped so she could sleep. Isn't that how families are supposed to help each other? I wonder if she didn't want the help or nobody offered. I understand that Christine was very busy but they have lots more in the family that could help.

It certainly doesn't speak well for the concept of sister wives.
Well, we all know Meri didn't step up and offer. She's all busy being angsty about not being needed. :cool2:

I just watched the episode.

That wedding was a huge CLUSTER****. The reception area looked overly crowded. No sides with tacos? At a wedding? There clearly wasn't enough food. Everyone was jammed in. You could barely move.

They really do hype Tony up. They have to keep telling themselves this stuff so they can eventually believe it.

Mykelti did look beautiful but there's no way I would've stood out there to watch the wedding. She needed to get a grip on reality.

I don't understand the whole "it's my day and I'll do what I want." Ummmmm you need to be mindful of your GUESTS.

None of the wives go and help with the other kids do they

Nope. Not really. But when they talk about other LDS families they mentioned it's not so family oriented. Didn't Janelle and Christine mention that in other PLIG kids weddings that other moms get regular invites and aren't a part of the wedding planning. They are treated as a guest. And not all siblings even get an invite. So this whole "we help each other and raise our kids together" is a bunch of crap. It's not about the family....it's about the man.

Why all the hate for Meri?
Because she's such a hypocrite. No way would I want to spend my empty nest years helping with someone else's kids. But I didn't sign up for polygamy. She not only agreed to it, she sought it out. Now that she's supposed to be helping the other wives, she wants more of a monogamous style situation where she's only in it for herself. But she hasn't denounced polygamy. I suppose that's because it might diminish the value of what they're doing with the show. And I doubt she can afford that 5 bedroom house with a wet bar as a divorced empty nester selling LuLaRoe without the family resources. Unless she makes a go of selling leggings I suppose.

If she was smart, she'd leave the family and do her own spin-off show on recovery after polygamy. :cool:
Nope. Not really. But when they talk about other LDS families they mentioned it's not so family oriented. Didn't Janelle and Christine mention that in other PLIG kids weddings that other moms get regular invites and aren't a part of the wedding planning. They are treated as a guest. And not all siblings even get an invite. So this whole "we help each other and raise our kids together" is a bunch of crap. It's not about the family....it's about the man.
I feel the Meri situation really illustrates how their whole "all for one, one for all, aren't we great" thing is a pile of crap.

As I said, I totally understand how she feels. I'd be behind her 100% if she wasn't out there promoting how strong they are as a polygamous family unit.

Last edited:
Because she's such a hypocrite. No way would I want to spend my empty nest years helping with someone else's kids. But I didn't sign up for polygamy. She not only agreed to it, she sought it out. Now that she's supposed to be helping the other wives, she wants more of a monogamous style situation where she's only in it for herself. But she hasn't denounced polygamy. I suppose that's because it might diminish the value of what they're doing with the show. And I doubt she can afford that 5 bedroom house with a wet bar as a divorced empty nester selling LuLaRoe without the family resources. Unless she makes a go of selling leggings I suppose.

If she was smart, she'd leave the family and do her own spin-off show on recovery after polygamy. :cool:

I feel the Meri situation really illustrates how their whole "all for one, one for all, aren't we great" thing is a pile of crap.

As I said, I totally understand how she feels. I'd be behind her 100% if she wasn't out there promoting how strong they are as a polygamous family unit.

I agree. I really want to be 100% behind her but she needs to be real with herself. Just leave already.

I agree. I really want to be 100% behind her but she needs to be real with herself. Just leave already.
Exactly how I feel. I want to be behind her. I do. Just be honest and leave already. Stop trying to have it both ways.

But none of the other wives help with the kids it just seems to me Meri is the only one that gets the beat down over it. It's because she vocal about it where the others aren't vocal about it? Heck, Robin won't let anyone do anything with her kids she won't even let anyone touch her kids.

Meri tried to help Robin with her kids and was flat out No

Do you mean FLDS? Because LDS families are very family oriented. Regardless of my personal feelings and falling out (my entire family is Mormon) I know I could walk into an LDS church and hand my kid over to just about anyone and they’d be well taken care of. Which is why Robyn keeping a death grip on those babies has me floored. I’d bet good money there were any number of people willing to watch Ari during the ceremony.
But none of the other wives help with the kids it just seems to me Meri is the only one that gets the beat down over it. It's because she vocal about it where the others aren't vocal about it? Heck, Robin won't let anyone do anything with her kids she won't even let anyone touch her kids.

Yeah but Meri whines she’s been shut out when she’s doing a lot of the shutting out herself.

I just assume that the others are so busy trying to raise multiple kids already with 1/4 of a husband. Unfortunately, Meri is the one with time on her hands these days.

Don't get me wrong. I'm really sympathetic to people who deal with infertility. But I don't give Meri a pass. She's the one with time on her hands right now. If it really was "all for one/one for all" she'd be in there helping.

I missed the part where Robyn turned down' Meri's offer so I can't comment on whether that was a blanket offer or just a specific incident. I just recall Meri flat out saying recently that she wasn't going to help with everyone else's kids. I would feel the same way. But I didn't sign up for polygamy.

I thought Robyn and Meri were supposedly close?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter