• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shuttles or taxi or uber?

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
We're going to Disney for a week in June but we're planning on spending two days at USH and a day (or half a day) at Legoland. Our hotel is right across from the gates on Harbour. Is there a shuttle service that runs to USH/Legoland or should I risk Uber? We're a family of 4, from Canada and I've never used Uber before as I don't have a US account. Would taxi be cost prohibitive?

TIA

I would just use the Train system.

But there are issues...

First off, will you have car seats if needed? Children 8 and under are required to have them in most vehicles, including Uber/Lyft,and they don't provide them.

As for a taxi, you are looking at over $100 each way for each trip (LEGOLAND is farther away).

So a train trip, to USH is fairly clear, take the OCTA Route 543 or 43 bus that goes up and down Harbor Blvd. (Note the American Spelling) to the Fullerton Train Station, Then take either the Metrolink or AMTRAK Train to Union Station, and transfer to the LA Metro Red Line Subway and take it University City. USH provides a free shuttle from the Subway Station to the park.You could also use the LA Metro 460 Bus from Disneyland to the 7th Street Station and the LA Metro Red Line. Good thing, no need for Car Seats.

For LEGOLAND, you take the Metrolink or AMTRAK South to Oceanside, but then need to use a taxi/Uber/Lyft and Car Seats. They do make Booster seats that are inflatable if that is an issue.

I would also look at the Anaheim Tour Company or Starline Tours to provide transportation

https://anaheimtourcompany.com/

In September, I stayed on harbor and did 5 days DLR and then rented a car for one day to drive into Hollywood. It was really simple. The day before our Universal day, during our mid-day break, I stopped at the Budget on Harbor and picked up the car. Then I parked overnight at our hotel and we were ready to go bright and early the next morning. I was able to do a return the night we returned from Universal because they do after hours returns. So for about $60, I had wheels and could follow my own time table. We did early entry for Harry Potter and stayed at Universal until they started closing up shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter