Show off your door!!

The artwork is gorgeous, have printed them out at home but am finding they do scratch easy (used photo paper) and then magnet paper to give them substance, the actual magnet paper won't fit through my printer. Any good tips on getting them to the ship and home again for the next cruise with the least wear? Wax paper between or any other suggestions? We do have to fly so I know they have to go in the checked luggage which will be tossed around. Thanks for any tips or suggestions- anything that has worked well for anyone! I'd be devestated if they arrived dinged and scratched as they are so pretty right now.

Laminate them. I did and it worked very well.

I already glued a backing onto them to that they would not curl- a thin piece of wood but it makes them to bulky to laminate. I have done about 20 magnets from 4" to 8", just had realized how fragile they would be.

I already glued a backing onto them to that they would not curl- a thin piece of wood but it makes them to bulky to laminate. I have done about 20 magnets from 4" to 8", just had realized how fragile they would be.

Since they are already stiff how about layering pieces of felt between them. You can purchase the at Wa,Mart or a craft store for around 20 cents each b

FYI, I had trouble when I first printed some of my magnets. I found out that I had to make sure that my printer was set for "glossy photo paper" and then I didn't have any more issues with the ink wiping off. That was with printing onto magnet paper, I imagine it would be the same for photo paper.

I have a printer that uses toner cartridges and I did set it for glossy, and the pictures are absolutely stunning- but they do seem to chip Very easily and I want to be able to use them on multiple cruises- they are just too beautiful for me to handle without care so the suggestions are very reassuring. It would be much easier if we didn't have to put them in the checked luggage but you can't take magnets through in your carry on and since we have made so many of these for our door- I worry they will be denied by TSA. I do so appreciate knowing how everyone else cared for theirs. Thank You.

MasonsG said:
I have a printer that uses toner cartridges and I did set it for glossy, and the pictures are absolutely stunning- but they do seem to chip Very easily and I want to be able to use them on multiple cruises- they are just too beautiful for me to handle without care so the suggestions are very reassuring. It would be much easier if we didn't have to put them in the checked luggage but you can't take magnets through in your carry on and since we have made so many of these for our door- I worry they will be denied by TSA. I do so appreciate knowing how everyone else cared for theirs. Thank You.

I plan on taking my pics to Staples on some such store and laminating them. You can get a very large sheet that can do a lot of pictures and then you just trim it down. I did this when I made favor tags for my Sisters baby shower. I printed a bunch of her ultrasound pics and tied them to the chocolate taffys.

Why can't you take them in your carryon? I had so many magnets for our WBTA cruise that I split them between our carryons and one of our suitcases. No problem.

We had some magnetic bracelets we bought in China and the shop was kind enough to forewarn us to only pack them in the checked luggage. And sure enough, we saw someone trying to wear them through security and they were confiscated. They were rather a fashion fad at the time. We also had a couple from Brazil that were termed 'alligator eggs' and those were not allowed. Perhaps because we are not coming into the U.S. it makes a difference? Although we are flying into Vancouver in 2013 and from Vancouver in 2014 for two of our Disney cruises, the other is from Port Canavarel- out of curiousity- has anyone had trouble taking a large number of them through security? We've done at least 20 and I am sure there will be more as we go along. Not too many personalized but just irresistable. I have not wanted to over impose on the disigners time so I only asked for a few. There were a lot of blank ones out there that were also gorgeous.

We went on our first cruise March 3 on the Dream. Here is a picture of our door!

Trip23_zps7d20001d.jpg

Love this and thanks, I will include it on our door for our upcoming cruise - only 18 days to go :-)

i can't seem to find the answer to this, so for those of you that use Target or similiar places to print out your photos what size do you request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter