• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show Ideas.... What types of shows would YOU like to see?

LifeWithLouie

Mouseketeer
I have loved a NUMBER of the DIS shows... and then (even those I have loved) I will agree that they get old and less attractive later on. But I am challenging you, folks...If YOU could design a show for The Dis, what would it be? Who would you like to host it/be on the panel/etc?

I'll start it off....

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a video show where the Dis pulled in it's favors and was able to go into different queues and recorded the preshows when there was nothing but silence in the background. I have NEVER heard Scuttle on the Little Mermaid ride, the DInosaur preshow, the radio transmission at Jungle Cruise, Mr Potato Head on ToyStory Mania, Buzz Lightyear, the LaughFLoor...I just want to hear the entertainment I am paying for instead of people chattering because they don't care/are rude.

I think it was in January that Pete and Shawn did a daily show where they would throw out one Choice question to the other and explain they preference. I could go further... but if you didn't get a chance to enjoy the show, go back and check it out. It was a great addition - and gave OUR family a discussion starter at dinner time each day.

I'd like a man-on-the-street question show with regular people asking things that others have answered in previous DIS shows.

And I LOVED "The Trip" with Teresa, JenniLynn and Craig. The chemistry was OUTSTANDING.

Disney park trips with Michael and Craig just chatting and pointing out the significance of spots and items. I really enjoy THEIR chemistry on the Walt podcasts

Well, what would YOU like to see?

Corey’s Pin Corner: the pin community is niche, and at the same time hefty and we cater to the niche audience. It will also allow Corey to grow as a personality and show his passion to the audience.

Merchandise: show the new monthly merchandise and prices accordingly a lot of people do this and have great success it would be cool to the dis spin on it.

DIScussion: Read some fan mail allowing an interactive dialogue with your audience. I think this would be really nice and allow a more personal touch.

It's been said before but while I love the team and their coverage, the one place they are lacking is the family with children perspective. The majority of the team doesn't have kids and will review or talk about children-centric things with the asterisk "but I don't have kids." Julie has kids but doesn't do the vlogs, food reviews, etc. Jackie has kids but they are all older now. Jennilynn was there for a brief time (although I feel like most of her coverage had to do with her kids' food allergies).

Sure there are lots of podcasts geared towards moms and kids, but it'd be nice if that was part of the DisUnplugged lineup.

I would like a show about what is different at each of the coasts “Magic Kingdoms”. Not a “who does it better” but an “if you have been to World and are heading to Land don’t forget to ride the Matterhorn” type. If people only have a day or two at Disneyland what is worth focusing on for new experiences.

In order to create a show and have it be strong for a long duration it needs to come from personal passion. This is why we have a DVC show because Pete is passionate about it. Craig/Michael love Disney and history and tradition which is why they're good on Connecting with Walt.

The DISunplugged is a huge success because everyone on that show live and breath Disney personally and professionally and the passion comes out on the show.

So when you say, what shows do we want from the DIS team you have to couch the question in the passions of the team. Because if you don't have that passion, you end up with shows like Best and Worst where sometimes you can tell the guys are going through the motions just because they have to.

Here are some ideas that would actually work:

1) Ryno hosting a show about Disney merch, and I'm sure Pete would be on that show from time to time.
2) Craig weekly/monthly reviewing the parks for places they need upgrades, maintenance, or making things better and then also discussing the history of previous updates/upgrades etc. Craig loves pointing out why things are wrong. This gives him a chance to be a critique. He often takes that part of his job seriously no matter if it's a decision on a new ride and attaction, a new land or hotel, or a new restaurant that serves chicken fingers.

Pete already does 2 shows. Kevin and John do two shows (Dreams show). Fiasco, I don't know well enough already, he's still finding his place I think.

The Best and Worst show needs to be cancelled and rebranded, here is what I would do but no one listens to me. I'm just a guy from NJ.

The B&W becomes "Community 5" or "DisBoards 5". Each Pick-A-Day they post a question on these boards asking a question. "What is your favorite XYZ?" or "What is your best memory of ..."? Honestly it can be anything that engages conversation. Then a week later the team records the show (live or otherwise but live is better) and discusses 5 popular posts on the show and they give their opinions on it. The hosts would call out the posters by name and either agree/disagree/make fun of/champion their ideas. The caveat of the show is that you can't be afraid to have your post discussed publically on the show and be called out on it (if it's a silly thought or bad/unpopular opinion).

The key is that they post the question the same day every week. They would probably have to record this show on Tuesdays since they're all there anyway. That's the only hard part, the consistency and the inability to record 4-5 shows in a row so they're done for the month.

This accomplishes two things:
1) The team no longer has to strain to come up with topics every week/month to record.
2) The show engages and promotes these boards which is something they are actively doing on every show.

I would just love to see DIS POP return - maybe with a slightly revamp format

But what I loved about it was that it showed another side of Disney fandom outside of the parks - so focused on movies and music and did craft projects and made themed drinks, etc. - I think a lot of people can relate to that and it was things we could do in our homelife as well

Perhaps could add in some of the ideas other people have mentioned, like Fiasco's pin trading/collecting - things like that

I think it would be cool to have a show or maybe once a month as part of the weekly show have someone on that does not live in Orlando but vacations there each year. This would give a perspective of someone who uses the dining plan regularly, decides on what accomodations to use for their trip each year and talk about how they tour the park with only maybe a week in Disney per year vs living there. I feel like there are changes made to Disney sometimes that effect the people outside of the area that get glossed over a little bit because it doesnt really effect people in the Orlando area.

I think it would be cool to have a show or maybe once a month as part of the weekly show have someone on that does not live in Orlando but vacations there each year. This would give a perspective of someone who uses the dining plan regularly, decides on what accomodations to use for their trip each year and talk about how they tour the park with only maybe a week in Disney per year vs living there. I feel like there are changes made to Disney sometimes that effect the people outside of the area that get glossed over a little bit because it doesnt really effect people in the Orlando area.

That would probably be fun. Kind of like a Disney Planners Podcast.

I'm all about the food.....they have Dis Dining show...I'd like to see behind the scenes cooking....chef interviews.....maybe a video of from the kitchen to the guest.....follow it being made to being sold!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter