Show idea

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
Since so many things are limited on site right now, I’d love to hear the podcasters discuss other local options. For example, Hoop-dee-doo was on our to do list for next week but no longer an option. What non disney things do locals like to do that are open right now?

Potential ideas:
Places to eat off site
Favorite beaches within driving distance
Non theme park things to do off disney property that allow for social distancing

Also, please feel free to post ideas here. We leave in a few days so I need ideas soon 😉
We are headed down for a week this month and a week next month. We are already planning on spending more time at the resort and exploring further out from the WDW area. We are will to drive an hour or hour and half out.

Head over to the Orlando Attractions forum. Lots of discussions there about offsite things to do and places to eat.

We've enjoyed Bok Tower Gardens. We had a fun time zip lining at Forever Florida. Take an air boat ride on Lake Toho. Visit Kennedy Space Center. We've never been but Gatorland is a Central Florida classic.

As for food, you can find pretty much every chain restaurant you can think of. We don't normally frequent chain restaurants at home but there are a couple in the Disney area that we don't have near us. Sadly Sweet Tomatoes has closed permanently. That was our favorite. Chuy's is very good for Mexican. Not a chain and doesn't look like much but Bruno's on 192 has good Italian food and very respectable pizza for Florida. Flipper's is also good for pizza and sandwiches. There are some very good restaurants on Restaurant Row along Sandlake Road, both chains and not.

There are a few ideas for you.

Hi All.
I would like a video podcast of either the history of Disneyland and world or what they would do to make the parks better.
The Dis has so many people that know the history and such. I would love a show with Kevin showing us history and also collector stuff. Or just to read all of his poem tweets.
There is so much they can do but do they have the time and energy to do it.
But then again i would be happy just re watching old shows.
I love the Dis and support it. Even though there isn't much going on right now I like the shows now.
It brings a little Disney to me every week. Especially since it looks like the earliest i will get there is 2023.
Have a magical day all.

Since so many things are limited on site right now, I’d love to hear the podcasters discuss other local options. For example, Hoop-dee-doo was on our to do list for next week but no longer an option. What non disney things do locals like to do that are open right now?

Potential ideas:
Places to eat off site
Favorite beaches within driving distance
Non theme park things to do off disney property that allow for social distancing

Also, please feel free to post ideas here. We leave in a few days so I need ideas soon 😉
We are headed down for a week this month and a week next month. We are already planning on spending more time at the resort and exploring further out from the WDW area. We are will to drive an hour or hour and half out.

This sounds a little like "The Trip" which was a show on this site for awhile.

For off site dining I like Hash House A Go Go on I Drive, Cafe Tu Tu Tango on I Drive, Miller's Ale House on Kirkman (several of these around but this is the only one I've been to). Yellow Dog Eats was good. 4 Rivers BBQ. City Walk has some good options too. NBC Sports, Cowfish, Voodoo Doughnuts. I tried Rocco's Tacos on my last trip which was recommended on here some time ago and wasn't impressed with the food but their tequila collection is pretty impressive. I'm not local so some of these may be closed or take out only.

As far as beaches I prefer the Gulf Beaches to the Atlantic ones. St Pete Beach, Madeira Beach. Not sure if these are within 1 1/2 hours though.

I hope I'm recalling this correctly, but I seem to remember that Pete once mentioned the possibility of doing reviews of the non-Disney hotels on/around property. That always seemed like a great idea and something I hope the crew would still consider following up on.

Places like the Hilton, Doubletree, and B Resort over by Disney Springs; Swan and Dolphin; the Waldorf and Four Seasons; maybe even the Hyatt Grand Cypress. My family always stayed at those places when I was growing up, and it would be great to have some current insight into alternative options in the area.

This sounds a little like "The Trip" which was a show on this site for awhile.
I loved The Trip. It was my favorite of the DIS shows.

I've been told in the past that the issue is that the purpose of the shows is to generate business for the travel agency. Dreams earns a commission when you book your trip through them, but if you book at an offsite hotel that they don't sell, they earn nothing. So from a business standpoint, there's really no benefit to them to highlighting offsite hotels and attractions with which they have no business relationship.

Hi All.
I would like a video podcast of either the history of Disneyland and world

It's not (usually) video but Connecting with Walt is very focused on the history of the parks - the first episodes of the podcast were all about the initial creation of WDW and then throughout they hit on the history of different areas - recently they went through the history of the Wonders of Life pavilion

And in his 60 years of Disneyland episodes of the Disunplugged Disneyland Show Micheal covered a lot of the history of that park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!