Should I do it, or not?

Gradar1

Mouseketeer
I'm seriously thinking of going on a 3 or 4 day cruise in March during Spring Break next year with DF....but the other time I cruised (with Carnival in June 2005....and loved it!), I went for 5 nights. I loved the cruise, but I only wish it could have been longer...I would really want to do a Disney this time...I really want to check out Castaway Cay!..but I don't know if I can afford a longer cruise....are the 3 or 4 day cruises worth it? Or should I spend more time saving (or try and see if I can have more money by March) for a longer cruise?

That's a tough one because you already know you like to cruise and you already know that a 5 day was too short. If you can't afford a 7 night though, a 4 night is a good back up. It's a cruise still! On a four night you will still have a day at sea, but I still don't think it's enough time.

My vote is that if you have the patience to save your money, then save it and wait. I think when you said a 5 night was too short, that was a sign, you need to do a 7 nighter!

Life is short! Who knows what will happen between now and next March to eat up your extra money.

If you have the opportunity to take a 3 or 4 night (preferably 4 night) then I say go for it. Yes, the cruise will go by quickly (the 7 night does, also) but better to have gone by quickly than not to have gone by at all.

Start planning what you know you can afford and enjoy.

May I suggest don't go during Spring Break when prices are so high and go on a 7 night at another time of year?

We did the 4 night Wonder the week after Easter and for only $400 more we are doing the 7 night at Halloween in 2007. That's the same category (Cat 6)and technically due to on board credits, it's the same price!! ($200 from DCL for re-booking on board and $200 from my TA).

We LOVED the 4 night but it really was too short and very expensive that time of year!

Good luck with your decision! :goodvibes

We did a 3 night on the Wonder in June!

VERY WORTH IT.

Yes, it was short, but heck, a Disney Cruise is a Disney Cruise- No matter the length!

Whatever you choose- Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter