Shingles vaccination

DWifey and I got ‘em.
No probs for me, but, unfortunately, she did not feel well after both.
She always gets a bit upset with me, as I’ve never had a reaction to any shots I’ve ever had.
No “man cold”, or anything…!!! 😁😉

I'm only 45, so I'm not eligible to get it and have insurance pay. I did have shingles a few years ago and it was TERRIBLE. I didn't know what was going on and ended up going to the ER because I was in so much pain. I highly recommend anyone who is able to get the vaccine so you don't have to go through what I went through.

Got mine no issues sadly still got shingles repeatedly - stress over rules everything ! The only thing that made my shingles to stop coming was the stress to stop. I wish you all much better luck 🍀 fyi I also broke out on the medicine and was on maintenance medicine and broke out - yup stress !! But I will say the medicine helped a lot !!

Other than the sore arm no issues for me. DH felt blah after the second shot but only for a few hours.

I'm only 45, so I'm not eligible to get it and have insurance pay. I did have shingles a few years ago and it was TERRIBLE. I didn't know what was going on and ended up going to the ER because I was in so much pain. I highly recommend anyone who is able to get the vaccine so you don't have to go through what I went through.
I’ve heard it can be really awful.

Seconding this - I had shingles in my early 30’s and the pain was absolutely awful…for 6 weeks. Was too late for antivirals by the time the doctors determined what it was. I know the vaccine can be hard to come by at times (with folks on waitlists for several months) but def get it if you can!

Both DH and myself got ours 1.5 years ago. I didn’t feel great especially with the second but DH barely felt anything. As a nurse I hear horror stories about people getting shingles ( much worse than the vaccine) so it was very important for us to get it.

My parents got the vaccine although my mom is on an anti viral due to low immune system after chemo because her numbers never came back up and they said its mostly just to prevent shingles specifically rather than viral illnesses in general.

Got mine a couple of years ago.

We got it, no after effects except sore arm. Super sore for me, not so bad for DH.

Seconding this - I had shingles in my early 30’s and the pain was absolutely awful…for 6 weeks. Was too late for antivirals by the time the doctors determined what it was. I know the vaccine can be hard to come by at times (with folks on waitlists for several months) but def get it if you can!
No wait list here.

got it a few years ago. One of them I think it was the second threw me for a loop for a day or so.

I felt pretty bad after the second shot, but not near as bad as I felt when I had shingles prior to getting the vaccines.

We got the single dose years ago....and then when the newer double dose came out, we got those too.
First was just sore arm, second was a bit worse, but didn't last long.

Who here has gotten the Shingles vaccine once they hit 50?
Got mine this week and not feeling great.
But better than shingles!
I was extremely fearful of shingles and started pestering my doctor for a prescription years before I was eligible. The second I could, I got the script, even though it's not covered here and was $300 OOP, I raced to the pharmacy. This was during early Covid. The side effects of the first shot were so bad, I was sure I had Covid. :o I reported myself as symptomatic for government testing, and of course it was negative. No matter. I got my second shot right on schedule, got a little less sick, and was thrilled to finally be "safe". I'd do it all again tomorrow.

I felt fine after the first shot, not great after the second shot, but I’m sure it was much better than actually having shingles.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest