~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

Hi D! I am a long time lurker, having caught parts of you last PTR and all of your last TR (which I guess really is done since you started this report). Actually it was your sewing that got me interested as I own a fabric store. I love your updates, all of your projects and especially how much you obviously love your girls. I'm going to make a point of joining in on this report as I am booked for August 2014 and will enjoy planning along with you!

I'm excited to follow your PTR. I loved your last trip report. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Love the pictures in your intro! :)

Great start, the pictures are awesome. I especially like the one of you and your bff, and the girls through the years!

I try to caution my DD about what she posts on facebook but she just blows me off :rolleyes2 I don't really think it's a good idea to share specific travel plans on a public board - I told her she may as well put a sign up in the yard saying "we're not home, come on in" lol.

I don't know what happened, but I hope you got it resolved. I think you're doing the right thing by leaving the dates off your report!

Can't wait to hear all the plans and see all your new creations!

I'm here!! Reading PTRs and TRs are part of my wind-down-after-work routine!! I can't wait to here about this trip...

popcorn:::rolleyes1:yay:

~Jennifer

I'm here for the ride and looking forward to hearing your plans and seeing your beautiful creations.

Hey would you look at that....not page 13, not too shabby for 8:30 at night :cool1:
Looking forward to this!

Hey D! Of course I am here! I am so going to enjoy the D~ PTR ride-you know how much I loved your TR- I will be popping in from time to time but faithfully reading and drooling over your beautiful bags!

Too often I tend to forget that not everyone has nice intentions.

You would think with a police for a husband and the issues we have with Bio-parents I would be better at not believing every one is nice!

Sorry it happened....

You KNOW I will be following along with every word...even if I don't always respond!

Now, get this party started!

Nini

Hi D! I am so excited about your new PTR. I always read your updates while I am having coffee in the morning (and having lunch, sometimes dinner) it makes it easier to pass the time until my next trip. Have a great day!

ohhhhhhhhhhh Am i first???

You are! Great job!

Following along!

Welcome! Happy to have you following along with me!

I'm here....be back to read in a minute.

****Finally got back to read (work was a bit hectic today).

I love your intros and how fun that you are going with your best friend and her daughter.

Once Mark and I set our dates, I will PM you so we can try to work out another DIS meet...and a longer one. Our dates will depend on if he has a job or not.

Welcome Kathy! Very glad to have you here! Looking forward to meeting up again! And yes - it would be wonderful if it could be a bit longer - LOL... I was just happy we got to meet! And yes, I will be stopping by your TR to read your update - I've been a bit busy the last few days.

Made it to the first page!!! Gotta go read now...

LOVE all the photos. You all are SO photogenic! And Alli is DEFINiTELY a wonderful photographer. She captured the pure joy on your faces with brilliance! Like every other D~ report, this is going to be so much FuN!

Yay! Oopsi is here! WHOOT! Thank you very much - like I've said previously - I honestly don't look that good all the time, Alli just has a way of capturing me. :thumbsup2

Hi D,
I'm joining in to follow your report. I still need to catch up on your last one. I'm been a little busy lately.
Sheila

Welcome Sheila! Happy to have you here and following along...

ABOUT TIME! LOL

Nini

Hey now... LOL Glad to have you here Nini!

SOOOO, I see your new PTR, which means I must have missed an entire trip and I come over to say hi and hope you didn't

I am so excited for such a huge trip, then read this part above and it made me :sad: I am sorry you have had anything less than magical happen, but I have often wondered about posting dates myself. I am glad you are okay (otherwise you wouldn't be writing this, right?) I promise to be far behind all of the time, but excited you get to go back for such a fun occasion.

Hi Judy! It's great to have you here and following along... I just noticed you have a new PTR in your siggy... I need to stop by. I was following your old TR for a long time, but then it disappeared? It was quite strange.

Yes, we are alright - I am just erring on the side of safety this time...

Yaaay!!! I made it! I am so excited to read your next TR from the beginning!!

Hi Tasha!!! It's great to see you and have your following along.

And I'm here too!!!

Love, love, love the photos.

Welcome Brenda... Thank you - I will be sure to tell Alli.

I'm here! I'll probably lurk along like last time, but at least I'll get the updates!
I still remember the first time I met you (and your BFF) . . . ah! the power of The Dis!!!!

Marianne!!!! I haven't seen you on The Dis in forever!!! It's great to have you here and following along! Oh that's right - you have met BFF - I forgot... Yah - BFF has gone with me on a few Dismeets - so she might know a couple of you?

okay I am here and I am excited about another PTR of yours I love reading them

Yay Chiara! Happy to have you here to help me plan!

How the heck did I miss this and end up on page 2? Ah well, I'm here now and in it for the long haul! Can't wait to read all about your plans and see all of the new customs you come up with!

Well, part of the problem is that I forgot to post a link in my TR. LOL Happy you made it and glad to have you following along Ariana!

Page 2, I think that's the earliest I have been able to join in on one of your PTRs. Woo hoo! I'll take it!

Welcome Ashley! Super happy to have you here and following.

How exciting to be going with your BFF & her DD. So FUN!!!

LOVE all the photos! Such great photos of all 5 of you!

We are very excited - but it promises to be interesting planning - that's for sure.

So much fun that you are getting to go with your BFF's! So sorry about the "unfortunate incident". I often forget that not everyone on the Disboards is a friend. I'm interested to see where you end up staying. You'll have 5 this trip (I have five in my family) so I know that makes it tricky to stay in one room together at most of the resorts. I'm interested in seeing what you end up picking.

Yes - we are very excited to be finally taking a trip together - it's been a long time coming.

Yes - it is unfortunate, but... Well - I am just being safe this time, that is all.

I will be doing an update this morning about what I know is happening this trip - as we are all well aware, this will probably change a bazillion times.

Joining in...love your trip reports!!!

Welcome! Super happy to have you here and following along.

I'm here, too. I can't wait to read more.
Liz

Welcome Liz! Very happy to have you here!

Hi D! I am a long time lurker, having caught parts of you last PTR and all of your last TR (which I guess really is done since you started this report). Actually it was your sewing that got me interested as I own a fabric store. I love your updates, all of your projects and especially how much you obviously love your girls. I'm going to make a point of joining in on this report as I am booked for August 2014 and will enjoy planning along with you!

Welcome! How fun! I wonder if our dates overlap? And I love that you own a fabric store - tell me about it... What kind of fabrics do you carry? I would love to see pictures!

I'm excited to follow your PTR. I loved your last trip report. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Love the pictures in your intro!

Thank you very much! I am very happy to have you here and following! We always enjoy our Disney trips and we love planning them - this one should be VERY interesting to plan. LOL

Great start, the pictures are awesome. I especially like the one of you and your bff, and the girls through the years!

I try to caution my DD about what she posts on facebook but she just blows me off I don't really think it's a good idea to share specific travel plans on a public board - I told her she may as well put a sign up in the yard saying "we're not home, come on in" lol.

I don't know what happened, but I hope you got it resolved. I think you're doing the right thing by leaving the dates off your report!

Can't wait to hear all the plans and see all your new creations!

Thanks Stephanie! I am glad to have you here and following.

Well, I do share a lot here - a lot more than I should sometimes, but I just really want to err on the side of safety this time. I was very uneasy on our last trip and I think I will just be more cautious in the future. ::yes::

I'm here!! Reading PTRs and TRs are part of my wind-down-after-work routine!! I can't wait to here about this trip...

~Jennifer

Yay!!! Super happy to have you here and following Jennifer! I am very anxious to hear how this trip comes together - it promises to be very interesting.

I'm here for the ride and looking forward to hearing your plans and seeing your beautiful creations.

Welcome! Super happy to have you here and following along!

Hey would you look at that....not page 13, not too shabby for 8:30 at night
Looking forward to this!

Hahaha... Great job Suzi! Very happy that you were not on page 13!

Hey D! Of course I am here! I am so going to enjoy the D~ PTR ride-you know how much I loved your TR- I will be popping in from time to time but faithfully reading and drooling over your beautiful bags!

Awesome! Thanks for stopping by - very excited that you are following along!

Here and excited to follow along!

Welcome! So excited to see some new faces follwing my PTR! :)

Too often I tend to forget that not everyone has nice intentions.

You would think with a police for a husband and the issues we have with Bio-parents I would be better at not believing every one is nice!

Sorry it happened....

You KNOW I will be following along with every word...even if I don't always respond!
Now, get this party started!

Nini

Hahaha... I am trying... I had to reply to a TR and a PTR this morning - so I am running later than normal.

So, I do plan to do a post later today that's a bit more specific about our plans, because there are a few things that we DO know which I can share with you.

Yesterday, I worked at Target... Like someone mentioned, it's starting to get busier and busier and I LOVE it! This is my favorite time of year to work retail! I just love the hustle and bustle of the holidays!

I came home and made a not so great dinner, the girls' statement to me was perfect "Mom, that was a waste of good biscuits." LOL

We all watched the last 2 episodes of Season 3 Downton Abbey. I'd like to start over with Season 1 now. LOL But I won't.

Today, I will be in my sewing room... I still have a lot to do on this week's custom order - but I hope to finish up by the weekend.

Tonight is Halloween - so I need to get ready for that too.

I hope you all have a fantastic day and...

Happyhalloweenmickey.jpg

D~

So, this is what I know...

*We are going in August. :woohoo:

*We are booked for 10 nights. :thumbsup2

These dates will have to be adjusted when BIL and SIL purchase their airfare to come home - so we can meet sweet little Thomas... Since they will be flying in as we are coming home and I want to make sure we have as much time with them as possible.

*We have seperate rooms. popcorn::

We debated on sharing a Deluxe resort room, but in the end, we decided that 2 rooms was better than one - as the girls and I barely make it with 1 bathroom. Besides - there may be times where we will need to have some time alone.

*We have splurged on DDP. :scratchin

So there will be lots of fun meals to plan... The girls and I, of course, will hopefully get to do our top priority must-do meals... but we also hope to try a few new things. Character meals and sit-down meals will be a totally new concept for BFF and Liv, since neither of them have ever done any before. She has pretty much given me free reign on meal planning.

*We would like to add WPF*M again... :beach:

That will seriously depend on how many days were are in WDW... But it's Aug and HOT - so we will do our best to throw a water park day in there if we can.

*We may add (for the first time ever) - Parkhoppers... :crazy2:

This will really depend on how many days we are there... If it's a shorter trip - we will add the PH option so we can take advantage of EMHs. If it's a longer trip - we may not.

******** Right now, I have several itineraries mapped out, and they all vary depending on how long our trip is. :scratchin So, I have not done any of my Mini-Planner yet, and I won't until we have a better handle on the length of our trip. :upsidedow

So... Any suggestions from my followers? Any recommendations? Anything that is a must-do to make this trip extra special for our Sweet 16 girls?

D~

Well, two of our favorite restaurants are Teppan Edo and Cape May (Beach Club) :)

10 days sounds wonderful! We have passes, so we don't have to pay to park hop, but it sure is nice to be able to jump over to another park if the one we are in is too crowded, or we just feel like changing!

I think the two rooms - more specifically two bathrooms - is definately needed with 5 females in the group!

And here it is... the long awaited PTR!!

I always wonder about posting trip dates myself. And then there's my superstitious side: if you set it in writing something's bound to make it not so.

And really, in the long run, aren't we really hear to go through the fun of anticipation and some really lovely customs?

D, my one suggestion would have been: GET PARK HOPPERS! You can get so much done in that hour in the morning and sometimes the two hours in the evening. However, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about that with the new Magic Band and FP+ for ONLY one park a day. I'll have a better feel for it after our trip in December and May/June.

Have fun in your sewing room today.

Oh....and Happy Halloween

I have always done hoppers before APs. I like the option of going to a different park in the evening because for us all nights end in Epcot ;). We don't do water parks. I honestly have a germaphobic reaction to them. It is all I can do to go in the resort pool and don't get me started on cruise ship pools ICK.:rotfl2:

Sounds like a fun trip so far. Also we discovered for us this last trip we must have a sit down dinner every day. We think that screwed J up on this last trip.

Have an awesome day in your sewing room.

If you're wanting to do something different to make the trip special I would look into taking a tour. We have been on three different ones and they are so much fun. It really gives you a new appreciation for the parks. The tours have always been the highlight of our trips, and the CMs that lead them are fun to get to know.

D~ I don't post very often, but I look forward to reading your TRs and/or PTRs everyday! You are so open and generous and I love that about you. I am sorry that you felt uneasy with giving out so many details the last time, but I understand that you need to be cautious! I have gotten more cautious in the last year or so. I have an almost 6 month grand-daughter that I won't even put pictures of on Facebook. Her mom is a teacher and she took down her FB page because of her students.
Alli's pictures are beautiful and I love that she has her own logo!! Very professional!
Enjoy your girls...they grow up so quickly! My girls and I were very close because their dad was a firefighter and was only home every other night. We made it through the teenage years and we are still close even now that they are married and starting their own families! Every day is precious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter