September W.I.S.H. - Back to Basics

Not sure if we have a host for this week. If not, I can. I’ll start us with this quote and challenge everyone to find a motivational quote that really speaks to you this week...We should also start the signup for October.

Thank you for jumping in! I can take the first week in October.

Week 1 Oct 4-10 - PollyannaMom
Week 2 Oct 11-17
Week 3 Oct 18-24 - sjrec
Week 4 Oct 25-31

And here's my Motivation Monday quote:

It speaks to me because we're so bombarded by people's "post-worthy" results nowadays, we sometimes forget that there were a lot of little steps to celebrate along the way, and progress is more important than perfection.

Last edited:
Somehow my curvy road led me back into the old victim/martyr mindset and I was stuck there most of the weekend... over totally made up stuff. Not sure yet what the trigger was but my motivation this week is to move beyond it and get back on track, albeit that windy curvy track.

Work trip starts tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward to it but just need to get it done. I will get plenty of steps in running around the facility, so there's that. And it is an easy flight down and back - and in the same time zone, so that helps as well.

I do have one more pound to lose to make my -5 for the month, so I will have to be extra mindful about eating while I'm traveling. Hard to believe September is almost over as it flew by. They are saying we had the last of the weather Saturday and that fall has now really started, so on to boots and sweatshirts.

Last edited:
Thank you for jumping in! I can take the first week in October.

Week 1 Oct 4-10 - PollyannaMom
Week 2 Oct 11-17
Week 3 Oct 18-24 - sjrec
Week 4 Oct 25-31

And here's my Motivation Monday quote:
View attachment 607882

It speaks to me because we're so bombarded by people's "post-worthy" results nowadays, we sometimes forget that there were a lot of little steps to celebrate along the way, and progress is more important than perfection.
I can take week two.

I love the Tuesday graphic! - especially "one thing at a time" and "make someone smile"

As we finish up the the month of September, what went right for you and what would you like to work on as we head into October?

Well, let's see:
September Goals:
:earsboy: Stick to my exercise routine.
:earsgirl: Drink 8 oz. water for every cup of coffee.
:earsboy: Try 3 new recipes this month.
:earsgirl: Keep decluttering! (It's been a slow process, but I'm actually seeing some results.)

Exercise - ✅ I'm on track or a few minutes ahead of pace to reach my goal In the exercise thread.
Water - 🔕 - This is the one I need to keep working on. Some days I did fine, others, not so much.
Recipes - :confused3 I think so? I forgot to actually keep track, but I'm reasonably sure I've done 3.
Decluttering - 🏆 This is going really well:

There are probably several factors contributing to it but I think the biggest ones were reading a book that really resonated with me (Decluttering at the Speed of Life, by Dana K. White) and being able to attempt it at the "right" time of year for me. I have one major and several smaller projects down, and the momentum is still flowing.

I can take week two.
I can do October 11-17

It looks like you both volunteered for the same week.

I love the Tuesday graphic! - especially "one thing at a time" and "make someone smile"

Well, let's see:

Exercise - ✅ I'm on track or a few minutes ahead of pace to reach my goal In the exercise thread.
Water - 🔕 - This is the one I need to keep working on. Some days I did fine, others, not so much.
Recipes - :confused3 I think so? I forgot to actually keep track, but I'm reasonably sure I've done 3.
Decluttering - 🏆 This is going really well:

There are probably several factors contributing to it but I think the biggest ones were reading a book that really resonated with me (Decluttering at the Speed of Life, by Dana K. White) and being able to attempt it at the "right" time of year for me. I have one major and several smaller projects down, and the momentum is still flowing.

It looks like you both volunteered for the same week.
I can take the other week that needs a host.

September recap... overall it was a good month for me, up until the past few days where I've lost track of just about everything: not walking, not drinking enough water not eating well. I haven't resumed sugar consumption, so I've still got that 'small win' going for me. I'm planning on getting back on track as soon as I get home.

Travel this morning was kind of a comedy of errors, I think most of the people I encountered probably thought I had never traveled before, like I couldn't even figure out how to attach the luggage tag. The system printed a totally random boarding pass for some guy named John headed to Palm Springs and I didn't even notice until the gal wouldn't let me go thru security. We're here tho and waiting to get going.

My plan for this week is consistent little steps in the right direction, steady progress even if it isn't in a straight line.

Woohoo testing went ok yesterday. We worked out the kinks getting stuff set up and did a successful sort test. This morning we’re going to really push the equipment and make the ‘bots work to see if we can break anything… always a fun goal.

Woohoo I’ve decided over the weekend I’m going to go way up north of the city to check out a swanky pumpkin farm and a nursery up there, filling myself up with autumnal yumminess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!