September W.I.S.H. - Back to Basics

Good evening all! Its...been a week. I had to bring DD for a covid test on Tuesday (apologies if I've told this story) because of a stuffy nose at school. The entire experience was awful...last year each of the DSs had to get tested and while it wasn't fun it was organized and efficient. Well they closed the drive through site I brought them to...the site DD and I ended up at was a walk up, the waiting area was a parking g lot and I had to swab her nose. With her communication difficulties I couldn't really explain what was happening...she cried, I cried..rapid was negative (no surprise there) but needed the pcr to send her back to school which didnt come in until Thursday evening!
Then DS 6 got the same stuffy nose. Had to get him tested yesterday, my father in law took him to an area walkin and their experience was far less traumatic. His rapid was negative (again no real surprise) but we still have to wait for his pcr.
DS9 started his violin class today. He came home very excited and played a note or two. Hoping this will be good for him.
Had a lot of pta work to do after my actual work day ended.
After dinner we decided to watch the resorttv1 fireworks live stream. When they made then 10 minutes announcement DD went to her toy box and grabbed out her Cinderella wand from our WDW trip and played with it until the fireworks started. I almost cried. She is quiet but darn if she isn't smart and completely aware of her surroundings.
Sitting here now having just finished my milk and cookies, waiting to watch the epcot fireworks. If I have had a bad day, an oreo and a small glass of milk really just finishes the day on a nice note, you know? And as soon as I cuddle under a blanket I lose all desire to get up to get anymore cookies than the one or two I had ready to go.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend, fireworks are starting.

Scale was good this morning. I'm happy about that since yesterday I had a couple fistfuls of reese's pieces and a few hershey's nuggets--I got them out to give them to the teachers who actually followed the correct contact procedure during our lockdown drill.

Right now I'm hungry but just ate some baby carrots so that should hold me until meal time! The workers are here installing our new floor, DH is about to go for a run, and I'm about to hang the last load on the line before I break out the hose and scrub our porch railing. It's probably our last 80 degree day of the year so gotta make the most of it!!

I wish I could find my “wear the dress” meme!

Today has been a frazzle so far. I’m normally mindful of when I take the bridge detour off the peninsula but this morning I was thinking it wasn’t a busy planting time of year and I didn’t have to be at the country nursery at opening, so I left later putting me in a crush of traffic plus there was road construction. Normally the entire drive is about 40 minutes but it took over an hour just to get to the freeway. Then the nursery was super busy because of a special event. Even the back country roads were busy and I forgot to stop at the park for a walk.

This afternoon I’m going to do clean up on the porch and tomorrow it is clean up in the house. My work trip got pushed to Tuesday, but I do have to be up super early Monday to resume testing, so want to get some good test in over the weekend.

Last edited:
Hoping everyone recharges and has a restful and relaxing Sunday before the start of another busy week. I am still on Grammy duty so will self care on Monday after getting my grandson off to school. Getting my nails done and a nap are on the top of my list.

Not sure if we have a host for this week. If not, I can. I’ll start us with this quote and challenge everyone to find a motivational quote that really speaks to you this week.

For me, the healthy lifestyle has never been easy (difficult road)because I wasn’t raised with healthy foods. We were active, so the workouts come more naturally to me. But our meals were carb heavy with lots of butter. In addition, I never thought of myself as a good cook (or even decent). But I’ve learned more about healthy eating and ways to cook and honestly I’m proud of how far I’ve come. I’m still active with my husband and kids. Able to go kayaking, biking, hiking, etc (beautiful destination). But there’s still work to do.

@ShannyMcB I had to get my 2 tested in the last 2-3 weeks. It can be so frustrating. I am glad both of yours came back negative. The at home was the most frustrating. It is easy to do but they made us go through a proctor and that process was ridiculous. After DS's and knowing the process I did DD's on my own. We did get a PCR test for DS but we went to his pediatrician so it wasn't too bad. Both of mine were negative too. Just a massive cold that is going around there school.

We had an up and down weekend. DD has been cleared to play soccer again but the doctor didn't fill out the right form and I didn't know until 3pm on Friday. We weren't able to get the form for her to play on Saturday. She was so upset. I am working on getting it for Wednesdays game.
Saturday was full of running all over the place. The band did a hoagie drive for a fundraiser and I had to pick them up and deliver them In between games. DD's had to be at hers at 8am, then at the varsity game to be ball girl (a whole lot of drama around this) at noon, DS had to be at the bus by 2:30 for his game. He was playing my high school so I went to the game. It started at 4 but I had to drop of hoagies to my grandparents so I went straight there to visit for a little bit before the game. Then after his game we to my mom's to shorten the straps on DD's homecoming dress. That was a disaster. DD got mad at my mom and refused to even come in the house. So the dress didn't get fixed. DD did do it herself at home though.

Sunday I took for myself. I made homemade spaghetti sauce for dinner but other then that I sat and watched football all day. DH and I did look into taking a cruise next summer but ultimately decided not too despite them being pretty cheap right now (not Disney though. They are still expenses). DH doesn't want me to go and be miserable. We discovered on our Disney cruise a few years ago that I get sea sick now. I didn't feel the best the whole week. So onto something else.

I am struggling a little-I made too many poor choices this weekend. Feel like I’m just spinning my wheels. Ready to refocus. Discipline has to take the place of motivation.

I will take the third week (10/18-24) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter