September 8, 2013 Disney Dream

This is the first time we'll be participating in the FE! Any tips and clues would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Laura and Shaun
DS - Bennett , 7 yo
DD- Juliet , 3.5 yo

This is the first time we'll be participating in the FE! Any tips and clues would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Laura and Shaun
DS - Bennett , 7 yo
DD- Juliet , 3.5 yo

Welcome Lauraucf! Glad to have you with us. I added you to the roll call.

This is my family's first Disney Cruise. Have heard great things about the FE groups and would love to participate but haven't a clue about the details. If anyone could help that would be great!

Cruisers will be...

Keith and Kelly
:woohoo: :banana:

DS-Kaiden :wave2:
DD-Kate :flower:

This is my family's first Disney Cruise. Have heard great things about the FE groups and would love to participate but haven't a clue about the details. If anyone could help that would be great!

Cruisers will be...

Keith and Kelly
:woohoo: :banana:

DS-Kaiden :wave2:
DD-Kate :flower:

Welcome Aboard! There are 2 FE groups, the first is closed and the second is closing on August 10th! Here is the link to sign up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmOc1sq-7G-SdEhvTkxPVjNDX1gwZTJlaWlzRk1qb0E&usp=sharing

We have an active FB page, Disney Dream September 8-12. 2013 is the group name. :)

Hi. Just discovered this thread. My wife and I are on this cruise visiting from Australia. Our 15th anniversary ... Cruising without kids! Our first cruise :)

Hi. Just discovered this thread. My wife and I are on this cruise visiting from Australia. Our 15th anniversary ... Cruising without kids! Our first cruise :)

:welcome: Happy Anniversary! We have a very active group over on FB for this cruise, lots of information for first time cruisers! :)

Welcome luvmykfam and ebusinessguru ! Glad to have you aboard. I've added you to the roll call.

Gotta admit, I'm starting to get jealous of all these no-kid cruisers. It's a good thing my kids are so darn cute. :goodvibes

Thanks! Yeah. It's been almost 15 years since we've take a trip without the kids. Our oldest is now 14. I don't know which is better. A fee weeks with No kids or Disney haha.

What's a roll call?

Hello everyone! We will be joining all of you on this cruise. My husband and I are the only ones traveling in our group. I have been on other cruises but never a Disney cruise. My husband has never been on an cruise at all. I am interested about the Fish Extender. Is it too late to register for that? Also..we are very concerned about the weather around this time of year. Has anyone been on a cruise around this time? should we be worried about tropical storms or a tornado? It has been a long time since I have cruised.. so I have a lot of catching up to do. I was also curious about how many formal nights there are on the this cruise? (for packing purposes) And I have heard something about pirate night. What is that about??

Thanks everyone!!

Welcome alexys328! More adults having kid-free fun...Good for yall!!! I added you to the roll call.

ebusinessguru - The roll call is just the list of the members of this thread that I have maintining in Post No 1. That post also has the list of folks doing the Castaway Cay 5K and links to our FB page and FE lists.

alexys328 - Our cruise doesn’t have a "formal" night since it's only 4 nights, so all the regular dinners are "cruise casual". Which means anything from pants/polos to a tux. But DCL has just changed the rule so men can wear shorts in the dinning rooms too. I usually stick with a dress and DH does dress pants and a collared shirt. Palo and Remy require more formal attire.

Hurricanes are a concern still in late summer...said the girl from New Orleans...but the ships can avoid the storm. Usually hurricane season has died down though. The biggest problem is inability to dock the ship due to rough waters. So you may not be able to get off at ports. We've always been able to get off but my parents cruised in May a few years ago and couldn't go to CC.

On pirate night some folks get dressed up. Others don't. There is a special dinner menu. There is a pirate show on the pool deck and they have a midnight pirate buffet.

Unfortunately, the FE is closed at this time.

We have new and experienced DCL cruisers in the group, so feel free to ask away. We are more active on the FB page, if you want to join over there, but most of us keep tabs over here too.

24 days and counting!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter