September 2007 POP'ers??? MoJiTooooOoOoOOooo!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember crying several times over the dress a friend picked for her wedding I stood up to. I had no clue how I would find the courage to feel good wearing a skin tight mermaid like suit dress when the biggest joke passed down in my family is big hips and butt. lol She kept telling me how everyone could wear it again by just cutting the skirt to a shorter length. Yeah right we were all overweight. lol I would like to know who prices those dresses too because I have never spent that much money on any piece of clothing I bought since then.

lol

Truly knows what you mean about some dress can really make you sad. I am the typical always a bridesmaid.. so on and so forth... but the last time I was, was when my cousin got married 10 years ago... She wanted peach for all of us and it was not a flattering peach... after that I will not do it again... I will attend the ceremony go to the reception and bring them a gift... anybody who asked me at work .. I tell them it is against my religion :rotfl:

SG/Linda.... I hope you are feeling much better. This time next week will be my 2nd day on the job. Arrgghhh am not looking forward.. I am even scared to go back.. this is the longest that I have been out of work... OMG!!!:scared:

:woohoo: with your vibrant self.. you'll do this in a blink of your eye!!! Congratulations and keep us posted.

I am trying to imagine this... well I guess it would look better than it sounds... good luck in your quest of finding THEE gown...

Are you in the wedding or sponsors or something... worst come to worst... all I can think of is a nice shade of maroon gown and maybe a corsage with hunter green ribbon :goodvibes :idea:

:dance3: when is this happening... I think both resort's wonderful. I love POFQ!!! But would also want to try AKL.. who wouldn't huh... well keep us posted... whereever you decide it will be wonderful... You are in Disney!!! Anywhere there is wonderful :hug: :woohoo:

Hi Ants,

I'm one of the bridesmaids and my husband is an usher. As of right now, she plans on alternating the colors :scared1: So one of us will wear hunter green the next person will wear maroon and then back to hunter green and so on....there are 14 of us total in the wedding party! The majority of the bridesmaids are now praying to the bridal gods :worship: that we can not find decent gowns in those two colors! :scared: I haven't talked to the other girl yet today, but she was going to approach the bride with the gown I found last night, thankfully it doesn't come in those two colors! Maybe if she see's that her colors aren't popular anymore, she'll chose another color scheme! One can only hope! :rotfl2:

Looks like everyone has good news here today! Goodie!!!!!:cheer2:

jetsetter90, my personal choice would be PORFQ cause I think it is so romantic, the carriage rides, boat to DTD and all but if you are real animals lovers I can see the allure of the AKL. How about figuring out what you want to do and then fit where you are staying around that since you will have such a short time to stay and enjoy? I am happy for you. :lovestruc

Pooh, how wonderful. I am an odd duck and am more intrigued with doing such a budget wedding than I would be one where unlimited funds were available. As with most things when money is tight choices are limited. How about coming up with some basic wedding plans with limited choices in different budget ranges so that brides that might not otherwise think of hiring a consultant might come to you? Sort of a classier version of the Vegas weddings?? What you do not make on quality you could more than make up for with quantity? Starting a marriage deep in debt over a fancy wedding is a bad omen to my way of thinking. I hope you do not get any Bridezillas but if you do I have total faith that you can take 'em down!!
:laughing:

I believe I am on the mend. Tom must be very worried about me cause I have not heard one word from him since I saw him on Tuesday. Poor dear. Luckily, I am no longer surprised, disappointed or feeling much of anything. Hope his distress did not affect his appetite. :rolleyes:

SG/Linda

You can do that to a point but with prices changing all the time it isn't worth the trouble. so I will just take photos of my weddings again keep them to show to brides to be.

I also tell the girls that money is the root of all evil and not to over spend on the wedding because they have the rest of their lives together and bills are so much of a hassle.

Good morning all.

Ants,
How was work yesterday? It is so hard to go back after being off.

Pooh,
What honest insite about the cost. Wish you were there to tell my husband that when we got married. lol

Ang

Good Morning Ladies,

We finally decided where we are staying. We had not stayed at either AK or POFQ and since the pool is closed at POFQ for rehab I looked into AK. So our plans are in motion we have AKV for one nite with DVC with waitlist for the second nite. Now this really works out because if you remember I didn't need the pass just the room but by doing DVC we can do the meal plan. I prefer doing it for free in Sept. ;) but for us it is worth doing the plan. I know some say it's not but we enjoy going to sit downs. We actually might be doing the deluxe dining since it's actually cheaper since we need dinner for the first nite we arrive and the following but not the 3rd day since we will be leaving. It will depend on how I book the 2nd nite. We are up in the air for the first nite but will be doing Tutto Italia, can't wait to try it.

Oh btw are dates are Feb 18-20 anybody up for a meet?:wizard:

angwill I was pushing for 1 day/nite but said to DH we really should leave a day before at anytime YOU want so that we don't have to get up early drive 3 hours, hit the parks, go to bed and then drive back. This way we take our time and enjoy the hotel since we decided on AK.

wic0721 Maroon and Green???:scared1: alternating :scared:

When a friend of mine was getting married and asked all to be in the bridal party we started looking for dress....she had picked out a baby blue satin tea length dress that was horrendous...we ALL hated it. But guess what I didn't have to wear it:banana: I was pregnant and was due about a 2 months after the wedding so politely told her couldn't be in. To this day we talk about that dress.

I was one of those brides that said you could wear the dress again...not, sorry to my girls. What years of experience has now taught me is that you don't need to go to those bridal shops to get the dresses. I now tell brides and bridesmaid to be to go to a department store and look there for dresses they are much cheaper and the better stores will do alterations or take them to a dry cleaners and then you really can wear the dress again because it’s a REAL dress. :lmao:

S/G Linda and Timmy hopefully you will be back to your old selves real soon.

Poohbear When is the wedding your planning? Beach theme sounds like it fun.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

Good Morning Ladies,

We finally decided where we are staying. We had not stayed at either AK or POFQ and since the pool is closed at POFQ for rehab I looked into AK. So our plans are in motion we have AKV for one nite with DVC with waitlist for the second nite. Now this really works out because if you remember I didn't need the pass just the room but by doing DVC we can do the meal plan. I prefer doing it for free in Sept. ;) but for us it is worth doing the plan. I know some say it's not but we enjoy going to sit downs. We actually might be doing the deluxe dining since it's actually cheaper since we need dinner for the first nite we arrive and the following but not the 3rd day since we will be leaving. It will depend on how I book the 2nd nite. We are up in the air for the first nite but will be doing Tutto Italia, can't wait to try it.

Oh btw are dates are Feb 18-20 anybody up for a meet?:wizard:

angwill I was pushing for 1 day/nite but said to DH we really should leave a day before at anytime YOU want so that we don't have to get up early drive 3 hours, hit the parks, go to bed and then drive back. This way we take our time and enjoy the hotel since we decided on AK.

wic0721 Maroon and Green???:scared1: alternating :scared:

When a friend of mine was getting married and asked all to be in the bridal party we started looking for dress....she had picked out a baby blue satin tea length dress that was horrendous...we ALL hated it. But guess what I didn't have to wear it:banana: I was pregnant and was due about a 2 months after the wedding so politely told her couldn't be in. To this day we talk about that dress.

I was one of those brides that said you could wear the dress again...not, sorry to my girls. What years of experience has now taught me is that you don't need to go to those bridal shops to get the dresses. I now tell brides and bridesmaid to be to go to a department store and look there for dresses they are much cheaper and the better stores will do alterations or take them to a dry cleaners and then you really can wear the dress again because it’s a REAL dress. :lmao:

S/G Linda and Timmy hopefully you will be back to your old selves real soon.

Poohbear When is the wedding your planning? Beach theme sounds like it fun.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

So Ang and Jett you are both going to Disney in Feb :woohoo: If I can swing it, I will come down. I have free round trip air down to Orlando so yippie maybe I can may a quickie trip.

Wic , S/G how are you????

Timmy How about we all meet in Feb for that meet with Jett and Ang???

Howdy ladies! I think I am doing a bit better but still having to take it easy. I had to pick up Tom at bowling yesterday and was not feeling too good, physically or mentally. My bil and dh did not even call once to see how I was doing in spite of knowing that there was a good chance I might have to go to the hospital. I have been told I am too sensitive. :rolleyes: Thank you all, as well as my many wonderful friends around here for caring if I am still alive or not.

Pooh, I like your idea of keeping a photo album of different weddings and your wise advice about not going deep into debt for a 'dream' wedding that will turn into decades of nightmare bills. Around here lots of folks have black and white weddings cause a black bridesmaid dress can almost always be worn again and they can each often choose their own style and still look 'together'. I have always enjoyed the do it yourself/budget weddings more than the big event ones. They are so much more personal.

Jetsetter, sounds as if your plans are coming together nicely. What would we do without the DIS to give us a heads up on pool renovations etc? Having an extra day will make all the difference in the amount of fun you can have. I used to save a few bucks staying off property the night before but learned it was worth the money to be able to get up and out early the next day rather than checking in, unloading etc. We just spend that first night at the Poly beach, relaxing and watching fireworks and the EWP.

Angwill, Timmie has always been 'off' and that is why we love her and would not want her to change one iota. Heck, if you hang around with us you cannot be so very normal yourself come to think of it. :rotfl2: I am never lonely when I am alone. I am a very entertaining person. :dance3:

wic0721, it is hard to argue with a bride that has been planning her wedding since she was 8. Can anyone in the bridal party, preferably a family member who she cannot hate forever, speak up on all your behalf's? If she loves you all enough to want you in her bridal party surely she might consider your feelings. Has SHE ever been a bridesmaid?? Since I seldom wear shoes, let alone formal attire, I have never been presented with that particular problem. :rotfl:

Timmie, were you ready to go back to work? Were they happy to see you back? I bet they were. Did it wear you out? No matter what they say surgery takes a lot out of you and just because you are female does not mean that you could, nor should, suck it up and keep trudging. In that way lays hernias and resentment. I know both. :thumbsup2

Snow due tonight. Hope it is not much cause it is not going to be shoveled, by me. DH did not do it when he was able either. If no school my youngest grandson, who is greatly enamored of $20 bills, might show up though. He hides his money here so that no one in his family 'borrows" it and has quite a stash. He recently asked his mom just how much money he needs to earn a year to live comfortably. He is 10. Wish I had been that smart at his age. :love:

Later folks, off to get a drink. After I pick up grandson from school, help his with his homework and get him to basketball practice I am going to go upstairs with a good movie and hide out for the rest of the day. Thankful for having a large house. Thankful for good friends. :sick:

SG/Linda

Feel much better Linda we are all sending special thoughts your way. Now you can take that either way "Special" as in taking your husband and kicking his butt all over for not taking care of you.

Much love from all of us.

Hi ladies! Just a quick fly by posting to say hello. My hubby will be back in AZ today so I am getting ready to go see him! It's been over a year since we saw each other last so I am nervous and excited all at the same time. Ryan still has no clue his Dad is coming home. He will find out on Friday when Terry is allowed to come home to start his leave.
Anyway, I hope you all are doing well! I will try to check in next week sometime! :goodvibes

dreamergirl78 , I am so happy for your family. Please tell your husband "welcome home" from all of us and thank him as well as yourselves for your service. May your time together be all you wish for and more!! :love:

Pooh, that would be much easier if he had a butt. I think it done got smushed from all that sitting. :rotfl2:

SG/Linda

Hi Everyone, I was starting to wonder where everyone was....then I realized, I'm not getting copied on responses again! :confused3 Anyone else having that problem???

SG, this is the brides 2nd wedding. Her first marriage/wedding was just about as horrible as one could get...she now says that should have been an omen to her to back out of it! :rotfl2: Now she wants EVERYTHING she didn't have in her first wedding! Right down to Kareoke at the reception :scared1: yeah, we all cringed at the thought of that too! I honestly don't know what the heck she's thinking right now! One of her best friends (another girl in the wedding party) is taking her out Friday night and going to get her all liquored up...then tell her we're all less than thrilled about the colors! :lmao: :rolleyes1

By the way....how are you feeling?

Dreamergirl, Congrats on your husband coming home! :yay: How long will he be home for????

Pooh, how's the wedding plans coming along?

And you too.....how are you feeling also????

Jetsetter, I basically did the same thing you did when I got married again...I let the girls loose in the bridal boutique and I said choose what you want to wear, make sure you all agree on a dress, wear whatever you want on your feet as long as your comfy! I had to laugh because of co-worker of mine kept picking out the most expensive gowns in the place and I kept saying NOOOO, try again! I didn't want them to go broke on a possible one time wear only! They all found a gown tried it on and loved them! Once they found their gown, I looked for mine and we all decided on the color for their gowns.

Hi ladies! Just a quick fly by posting to say hello. My hubby will be back in AZ today so I am getting ready to go see him! It's been over a year since we saw each other last so I am nervous and excited all at the same time. Ryan still has no clue his Dad is coming home. He will find out on Friday when Terry is allowed to come home to start his leave.
Anyway, I hope you all are doing well! I will try to check in next week sometime! :goodvibes

a HUGE CONGRATES to you and your family I am so happy that he is home safe and sound.

I hope Ryan is so surprised when he finally gets to see his dad:grouphug:

Hi Everyone, I was starting to wonder where everyone was....then I realized, I'm not getting copied on responses again! :confused3 Anyone else having that problem???

SG, this is the brides 2nd wedding. Her first marriage/wedding was just about as horrible as one could get...she now says that should have been an omen to her to back out of it! :rotfl2: Now she wants EVERYTHING she didn't have in her first wedding! Right down to Kareoke at the reception :scared1: yeah, we all cringed at the thought of that too! I honestly don't know what the heck she's thinking right now! One of her best friends (another girl in the wedding party) is taking her out Friday night and going to get her all liquored up...then tell her we're all less than thrilled about the colors! :lmao: :rolleyes1

By the way....how are you feeling?

Dreamergirl, Congrats on your husband coming home! :yay: How long will he be home for????

Pooh, how's the wedding plans coming along?

And you too.....how are you feeling also????

Jetsetter, I basically did the same thing you did when I got married again...I let the girls loose in the bridal boutique and I said choose what you want to wear, make sure you all agree on a dress, wear whatever you want on your feet as long as your comfy! I had to laugh because of co-worker of mine kept picking out the most expensive gowns in the place and I kept saying NOOOO, try again! I didn't want them to go broke on a possible one time wear only! They all found a gown tried it on and loved them! Once they found their gown, I looked for mine and we all decided on the color for their gowns.

Wedding plans are coming along great have another bridal fair this weekend and next but did come up with some new ideas with the help of Vixen (does everyone remember her??) we came up with useing cardboard to make surfboards isn't that neat???

Feeling better but still have a cough and a headache YUKKKK!!!

YES Still not getting any responses or notifications either I have t:scared1: o keep going back a couple of days and clicking on an old one.

Does it not really come down to the personality of a bride. Those who are thoughtful and kind beings are more likely to consider the feelings of their bridesmaids while others, not so much? I often wonder how the bridezillas manage to get anyone to agree to being in a bridal party. From what I read it is a mite expensive. :scared1: Round these parts we have simple ceremonies, often the bride's dress is either homemade or shopped for at the JC Penny outlet in Cincinnati and then we have a hog roast afterward with a local farmer donating the pig as their present.

Pooh, surfboards out of cardboard? Sounds wonderful to me. Please take pics as I bet they are works of art. Creative beats expensive in every way. Is that Vixen the wrestler?

WIC, I loved your description of your wedding. Bet they are all still your friends too. Did they do you the same way when you returned the favor? :)

dreamergirl78, my eyes and heart are welling up at the thought of Ryan (and yourself) seeing your love return to your arms. I am so very happy for you. :hug:

I am better today. Not getting much work done but am resting. This is hard for me cause there is so much calling to me. I hate messes and when in the middle of a renovation it is always a big mess. Painting is not so good when you cannot breathe well though. Even I am not that stupid.

I am going to town in a bit and am going to pick up an application for a job at the library. I live just a few steps from the building but it is a very big step that could have some awfully big consequences though.

SG/Linda

Hey SG,

Good for you going and getting a job :thumbsup2 I'm guessing your husband will not be thrilled? Oh well, so he'll have to fend for himself a few hours a day! I'm sure he'll be able to handle it!

Yes, all of my bridesmaids are still my friends...and I was in 2 of the 3 weddings..one got married before I met her! :lmao: I couldn't be a bridezilla if I tried....it's just not who I am! I'm too laid back to get all worked up over something like that!

I donated the gown from my first wedding to the bride who's wedding I'm going to be in, I told her to do with it what ever she wants...make it her own, god know's I don't want it back.......it's 23 years old, and remarkably in really good shape still. She's going to have to find a seamstress to put a new top on it though, as she can't zip it all the way up. The gown from my second wedding has been put away for Kellie, should she want it for something someday!

Glad to hear your on the mend! :hug:

Wic, recycling is a good thing. It appalls me how many useful things get tossed away and what a wonderful gift to the bride. Just hope it does not come with a 'curse'. :rotfl2:I know you could not be a Bridezilla. After a bit of time you really get to know someone even on the Internet. :lovestruc You are so right in that my husband, and possibly children/grandchildren, will not be pleased if I get this job. I have always been on 24/7 call. This would be the first time I have put my needs first. As far as my husband getting along, he might. Since he has pretty much never done anything for himself in all these years it might be interesting to see. The big thing is that he does not drive and that will be a big impact but then he is so low on energy that he does not move much either. He can walk around town maybe. What I fear is him coming in and making a scene. He has done so when I have made a friend and went to their house to visit. I am older and less vulnerable to such attacks now that the kids are grown though. I am a bit scared but am going to apply and put it in God's hands. I am sure He knows better than I. :thumbsup2

SG/Linda

Does it not really come down to the personality of a bride. Those who are thoughtful and kind beings are more likely to consider the feelings of their bridesmaids while others, not so much? I often wonder how the bridezillas manage to get anyone to agree to being in a bridal party. From what I read it is a mite expensive. :scared1: Round these parts we have simple ceremonies, often the bride's dress is either homemade or shopped for at the JC Penny outlet in Cincinnati and then we have a hog roast afterward with a local farmer donating the pig as their present.

Pooh, surfboards out of cardboard? Sounds wonderful to me. Please take pics as I bet they are works of art. Creative beats expensive in every way. Is that Vixen the wrestler?

WIC, I loved your description of your wedding. Bet they are all still your friends too. Did they do you the same way when you returned the favor? :)

dreamergirl78, my eyes and heart are welling up at the thought of Ryan (and yourself) seeing your love return to your arms. I am so very happy for you. :hug:

I am better today. Not getting much work done but am resting. This is hard for me cause there is so much calling to me. I hate messes and when in the middle of a renovation it is always a big mess. Painting is not so good when you cannot breathe well though. Even I am not that stupid.

I am going to town in a bit and am going to pick up an application for a job at the library. I live just a few steps from the building but it is a very big step that could have some awfully big consequences though.

SG/Linda

Sorry gals I still am not getting any notices and I was busy today at work plus the two girls had to go to the vet for check ups.

No that isn't Vixen the wrestler is Vixen the girl who used to be on the boards with us.

I just realized I wasn't getting my messages. I hate when that happens.

Dreamergrl, I am so happy to hear you DH is coming home today. I am excited for you and your DH and DS. Wow over a year the excitement must feel like a first date all over again. Enjoy

Pooh, No trip for me in Feburary and looks like we won't be able to go back till the beginning of August and then again the first week of Sept for free dining. It was a nice dream but when I looked at it realistically and talked to DH it is something that just won't work. That is the joys of having a child in school, DH who travels constantly, and no real family to ask. The only way I can make it work is when DS is on school breaks. Believe me I have been so stressed out lately a trip next month would be a real blessing to just get away from it all. Ahhh someday when DS is grown but then the stress will be less too.

It sounds like you are already enjoying getting ready for the wedding your planning. I totally agree with the person who said to let the girls pick their own shoes. My girls were just asked to pick a black shoe that felt comfortable to them. That just makes them all a little unique like we all are. I also gave them all nice black satin slippers for the reception as a gift. There are so many creative ways to save money and still have a dream wedding.

If you and others here go down to WDW in February I want to hear all the lovely details. So I can live vicariously through others. lol

SG, So glad to hear about your doing something to make you happy. You seem to really love and take pride in your time with the kids at the library and I am sure they feel the same way about you. Your love of kids should be a requirment to working with them in any capacity. Good luck and don't worry about DH he will be fine. You could have the front desk warn you if they see him come in and you can hide behind the books. Maybe he will give up and go back home. lol

Here's to hoping they fix things again and we start getting messages from the Dis.

Angela

Wic, recycling is a good thing. It appalls me how many useful things get tossed away and what a wonderful gift to the bride. Just hope it does not come with a 'curse'. :rotfl2:I know you could not be a Bridezilla. After a bit of time you really get to know someone even on the Internet. :lovestruc You are so right in that my husband, and possibly children/grandchildren, will not be pleased if I get this job. I have always been on 24/7 call. This would be the first time I have put my needs first. As far as my husband getting along, he might. Since he has pretty much never done anything for himself in all these years it might be interesting to see. The big thing is that he does not drive and that will be a big impact but then he is so low on energy that he does not move much either. He can walk around town maybe. What I fear is him coming in and making a scene. He has done so when I have made a friend and went to their house to visit. I am older and less vulnerable to such attacks now that the kids are grown though. I am a bit scared but am going to apply and put it in God's hands. I am sure He knows better than I. :thumbsup2

SG/Linda

Hi SG,

Nope, the gown is not "cursed" at all, my ex-sister in law wore it for her wedding 21 years ago..and they are still married! My friend asked the same thing when she picked it up! :lmao: My first marriage didn't work out because we were both too young and dumb to even know how to make it work...that and the fact he was a lying cheatin SOB! :rotfl2:

So how did the job interview go? I'm crossing my fingers for you! Your family can definately handle you not being at their beckon call for a couple hours a day! Everyone needs some "me" time in their lives! I think you working in a library would be a perfect job for you! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter