September 18th, 2022: 12-Night Westbound Transatlantic from Dover to NY (Le Havre, Plymouth, Vigo, King’s Wharf)

I called the Castaway Club phone number yesterday about this issue (only 18 min. wait). The woman who answered did not know the answer, so she checked with two of her supervisors. After a 15 min. wait, they could not confirm that we needed the Travel Authorization to board the Magic in Dover even if we were not getting off in Bermuda. She said that if we had not heard from DCL by Aug. 29, to clarify this issue, we should call them back. I can't believe that the whole ship has to get this document, get tested and pay $40 just for the privilege of docking at their port. Does this mean that all cast members, officers and staff on the Magic have to do this as well??? Strange...but then, we are going into the Bermuda Triangle...what's next?
I have a feeling this will cause a huge bottleneck at the port. If we have to do this we should be able to upload as part of the check-in online. Now we will have to present this document or try to find it on our phones which means a cast member will have to review it on the the spot. That will take some time for sure.

Movies on our cruise from DCL phone call today. All subject to change.

Encanto
Thor: Love and Thunder
Dr Strange Multiverse
Zombies 3
Lightyear
The Book of Life
Pinocchio (2022)

Last edited:
After over an hour with Disney this morning*, I was given the aon infiniti travel insurance carrier number 1 877 217 0580 to get the trip insurance information required by Bermuda as of yesterday. The insurance rep steered me to their website to get a copy of the policy, but said she could not give me anything showing my name as a covered party or showing the specific coverage dates. I downloaded the policy - one for each person in my party.
I went to the Bermuda travel authorisation website which now shows our Magic cruise. I filled out all the information they requested for the online form, and attached files showing our vaccination record. The Bermuda website form did NOT ask for any proof of travel insurance, so I just paid my $40 and submitted it.
I received a generic confirmation email and should be getting another one.
  • As of May 21, 2022 you may NOT have to upload your Pre-Test, but you MUST have a Pre-test available to show to board the ship.
  • Follow the instructions on the next email you receive.
  • Once your application is approved, you will receive an email with a link to your Travel Authorisation document. Please download or print this document to have in hand for presentation at Check In.
  • If your application is rejected, you will be notified as to why it was denied
The saga continues...

* The Disney rep said they had not received any info about yesterday's change from Bermuda, so she had to bounce up her chain to see what to do.

Movies on our cruise from DCL phone call today. All subjest to change.

Encanto
Thor: Love and Thunder
Dr Strange Multiverse
Zombies 3
Lightyear
The Book of Life
Pinocchio (2022)
Thank you for giving me nice news about the cruise!

After over an hour with Disney this morning*, I was given the aon infiniti travel insurance carrier number 1 877 217 0580 to get the trip insurance information required by Bermuda as of yesterday. The insurance rep steered me to their website to get a copy of the policy, but said she could not give me anything showing my name as a covered party or showing the specific coverage dates. I downloaded the policy - one for each person in my party.
I went to the Bermuda travel authorisation website which now shows our Magic cruise. I filled out all the information they requested for the online form, and attached files showing our vaccination record. The Bermuda website form did NOT ask for any proof of travel insurance, so I just paid my $40 and submitted it.
I received a generic confirmation email and should be getting another one.
  • As of May 21, 2022 you may NOT have to upload your Pre-Test, but you MUST have a Pre-test available to show to board the ship.
  • Follow the instructions on the next email you receive.
  • Once your application is approved, you will receive an email with a link to your Travel Authorisation document. Please download or print this document to have in hand for presentation at Check In.
  • If your application is rejected, you will be notified as to why it was denied
The saga continues...

* The Disney rep said they had not received any info about yesterday's change from Bermuda, so she had to bounce up her chain to see what to do.
From what I understand I don't think you need the travel insurance. Everyone on our cruise has to be vaccinated unless 11 and under and they travel under the parents vaccination status.

From what I understand I don't think you need the travel insurance. Everyone on our cruise has to be vaccinated unless 11 and under and they travel under the parents vaccination status.
I defer to the knowledge of someone with your username!

I defer to the knowledge of someone with your username!
Don't get me wrong I always get travel insurance through a 3rd party mainly for medical evacuation but after reading the Bermuda Travel website it is not needed.

DCL has dropped the ball on this one. They don’t know what is needed nor what is required?!?!?!

Sorry, but with this mega company, they should be able to find as much information as possible and provide information to their customer base.

DCL has dropped the ball on this one. They don’t know what is needed nor what is required?!?!?!

Sorry, but with this mega company, they should be able to find as much information as possible and provide information to their customer base.
I know what you mean. I'm hold with them to verify how and when we upload Covid vaccine cards. The cast member I got does not know and has to ask someone lese. Stay tuned.

I spoke to a rep at DCL earlier this week about Bermuda. Everyone, whether you plan to stay on the ship or get off the ship, must apply for and receive the $40 per person Bermuda travel authorization document. I then asked if the COVID test that everyone must upload to embark the ship, will count to allow people to go ashore in Bermuda. The answer I recieved was there will be staff on board from Project Screen by Prenetics and more information will be provided to passengers enroute to Bermuda. I pressed the issue if another test would be needed to disembark in Bermuda. The DCL rep thought that “Yes another test was going to be needed and passengers would need to pay for it”. My gut says if a rep from Prenetics will be on board, an additional test will be required.

I am not sure if the DCL rep had an internal memo, or if they were going on memory from past information that had been provided.

Realistically, I don’t think DCL knows, as things are changing all the time. At the same time, how many cruise ship are doing a transatlantic crossing then stopping at Bermuda. My guess is most ships that call in Bermuda, just left an east coast port and are still with in the 2 day window.

I am planning for the worst and hoping for the best. Also I don’t think there will concrete answers until after we are in the middle of the Atlantic.

I spoke to a rep at DCL earlier this week about Bermuda. Everyone, whether you plan to stay on the ship or get off the ship, must apply for and receive the $40 per person Bermuda travel authorization document. I then asked if the COVID test that everyone must upload to embark the ship, will count to allow people to go ashore in Bermuda. The answer I recieved was there will be staff on board from Project Screen by Prenetics and more information will be provided to passengers enroute to Bermuda. I pressed the issue if another test would be needed to disembark in Bermuda. The DCL rep thought that “Yes another test was going to be needed and passengers would need to pay for it”. My gut says if a rep from Prenetics will be on board, an additional test will be required.

I am not sure if the DCL rep had an internal memo, or if they were going on memory from past information that had been provided.

Realistically, I don’t think DCL knows, as things are changing all the time. At the same time, how many cruise ship are doing a transatlantic crossing then stopping at Bermuda. My guess is most ships that call in Bermuda, just left an east coast port and are still with in the 2 day window.

I am planning for the worst and hoping for the best. Also I don’t think there will concrete answers until after we are in the middle of the Atlantic.
Thanks. I've been getting a lot of bad info from the DCL phone reps lately because it seems there a many new hires there and they just don't have the experience or knowledge. The last 2 times I called they had to put me on hold to ask someone else.

Just read a post on social media that someone applied August 18th and got their authorization today. That's the day I applied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter