September 18th, 2022: 12-Night Westbound Transatlantic from Dover to NY (Le Havre, Plymouth, Vigo, King’s Wharf)

We are in our 70"s and excited to be on this one also. It will be our sixth Transatlantic with DCL.
We are staying at the Hyatt for two days prior to the cruise and using Disney transportation from the airport to hotel and then to ship. We live in NY, so we probably with take an Uber home.

My husband is excited to go on the D Day Landings Port Adventure and not sure yet what else we will do in Europe. We have been to Bermuda previously with DCL and look forward to going again. It is so beautiful there.

Any suggestions for Vigo and Plymouth?

Last edited:
We are thinking of the DL Paris excursion, does anyone here have experience with it?

We have been to Normandy Beaches and Mont St Michel and both are excellent!

Yesterday I got online to book our tours and everything went smoothly. I have heard the website was glitchy, but it was fine…maybe because I got on at 4:30 am! 🤦‍♀️. I was awake, what can I say? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anyway, here is our itinerary:
Day 2: Le Havre - Giverny, Monet’s House and Rouen (LH06)
Day 3: Plymouth - Landhydrock House and Fowey (PLY05)
Day 5: Vigo - Galician Highlights (VG13)
Day 6: Palo Brunch at 11:30
Day 9: Palo Dinner at 6:30
Day 11: Bermuda Island Drive

I bought a 7 bottle wine package and a bottle of champagne for our departure from Dover.

We are a big group. My husband’s 3 sisters and my 2 sisters and a friend. We are staying at the Hyatt prior to the cruise and transferring to the port via Disney. We are all SO READY for this cruise. My big concern now is the process of getting tested prior to the cruise. Also, trying to figure out getting tested before flying to the UK.

Yesterday I got online to book our tours and everything went smoothly. I have heard the website was glitchy, but it was fine…maybe because I got on at 4:30 am! 🤦‍♀️. I was awake, what can I say? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anyway, here is our itinerary:
Day 2: Le Havre - Giverny, Monet’s House and Rouen (LH06)
Day 3: Plymouth - Landhydrock House and Fowey (PLY05)
Day 5: Vigo - Galician Highlights (VG13)
Day 6: Palo Brunch at 11:30
Day 9: Palo Dinner at 6:30
Day 11: Bermuda Island Drive

I bought a 7 bottle wine package and a bottle of champagne for our departure from Dover.

We are a big group. My husband’s 3 sisters and my 2 sisters and a friend. We are staying at the Hyatt prior to the cruise and transferring to the port via Disney. We are all SO READY for this cruise. My big concern now is the process of getting tested prior to the cruise. Also, trying to figure out getting tested before flying to the UK.
Also had no issues with the website, but I logged in at midnight. Probably the smoothest reservation experience I’ve had in a while. Regarding testing, I haven’t seen, thus far, that testing is required to enter England. Testing at the port, I assume, would be very similar to US ports.

We are thinking of the DL Paris excursion, does anyone here have experience with it?

We have been to Normandy Beaches and Mont St Michel and both are excellent!
I have a lot of experience with DLP. But not with this excursion. I personally wouldn't do it.

Keep in mind that half of your day, you will be in a bus. They say it's a 3,5 hours drive, but if you are unlucky with the traffic it will take longer. If the touring car leaves at exactly 6 in the morning, you will be at the city of Paris in the middle of rush hour. With leaving at 6am you hopefully arrive at 10, at park opening.
My guess is you will leave around 6:30 pm, to make it on time for all aboard, so start gathering at the touring car around 6? And you will probably end up in some traffic jams during the evening rush hour.

It's on a Monday and it's low season, so you can see a good deal of the park (I would definitely do 1 park, not 2), but it's the trip to and from Le Havre that would kill my energy and my mood.

I have a lot of experience with DLP. But not with this excursion. I personally wouldn't do it.

Keep in mind that half of your day, you will be in a bus. They say it's a 3,5 hours drive, but if you are unlucky with the traffic it will take longer. If the touring car leaves at exactly 6 in the morning, you will be at the city of Paris in the middle of rush hour. With leaving at 6am you hopefully arrive at 10, at park opening.
My guess is you will leave around 6:30 pm, to make it on time for all aboard, so start gathering at the touring car around 6? And you will probably end up in some traffic jams during the evening rush hour.

It's on a Monday and it's low season, so you can see a good deal of the park (I would definitely do 1 park, not 2), but it's the trip to and from Le Havre that would kill my energy and my mood.
Thank you.

I am thinking about booking this cruise. I might be able to make it work with my job. It is 110 days in advance and about 120 rooms still available on the website, mainly in inside rooms and oceanview. So, what are my chances of the price going down even further?

It is hard to go by historical data, as it is only the 2nd transatlantic after covid and with the dates and routes changes almost every year.

Anyone want to make an educated guess? :)

Also, at the moment I need to test negative to enter the US. Does anyone know about if we need to test on board or at port upon arrival?

My current understanding is that there will be testing done in Dover before you are allowed to board. At this time, cruise passengers do not need to test prior to return to the US.
There is emerging news about Bermuda potentially requiring testing before we arrive, with an additional $40 port fee. I don't have any further details at this time on that situation.
This all may change, of course.

My current understanding is that there will be testing done in Dover before you are allowed to board. At this time, cruise passengers do not need to test prior to return to the US.
There is emerging news about Bermuda potentially requiring testing before we arrive, with an additional $40 port fee. I don't have any further details at this time on that situation.
This all may change, of course.
Thanks for the information.

I am looking at port excursion in Vigo Spain, and all are at least moderate. I have difficulty walking, and at least one excursion says you may not stay on the bus, but you will have to disembark.

So, DCL ‘s excursions do not seem to fit our needs. As I look on the internet, I do see private excursions in Vigo, for instance, and I wonder if anyone here can recommend a particular company.

Thanks!

We returned from the most recent Transatlantic cruise and absolutely loved it! We enjoyed it so much we booked this cruise last week! It's my husband and myself. Looking forward to all the ports. We have only booked the Giverny, Monet House and Rouen for our day at Le Havre. Think we may do the other ports on our own, We also have a Palo Brunch on day 7 I think. Anyway, excited to be on this trip.

Here's more information about Bermuda's requirements. It looks like we'll all need to get a travel authorization a month before we go.

The information below is from the Bermuda website: https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation
I've added some comments in [brackets]

For cruise voyages that take more than 4 days to get to Bermuda from the embarkation port [we'll be arriving a week after Dover]:

Fully vaccinated passengers may take either a COVID-19 NAAT (PCR, LAMP or TMA) test no more than 4 days before embarkation, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before embarkation.[I hope our test by disney at the port before leaving Dover will apply]

Unvaccinated passengers must take a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 4 days before embarkation (supervised antigen tests are not accepted for unvaccinated passengers as a pre-travel test). Cruise lines may also require a supervised antigen test at embarkation in the terminal or at embarkation on the cruise ship.

Passengers under 2 years old do not have to test to enter Bermuda.

All passengers regardless of vaccination status must undergo a further supervised antigen or COVID-19 NAAT on-board, by the ships medical team, no more than 2 days before passengers are to come ashore in Bermuda. [Disney would need to do this onboard after we leave Spain]

And note:
"Unvaccinated cruise ship passengers 12 years and over must remain on the ship." "All non-resident passengers aged 12 and older must be fully vaccinated to be landed in Bermuda." [There is an process for applying for a medical exemption if you have a medical contraindication to the vaccine]

Here's more information about Bermuda's requirements. It looks like we'll all need to get a travel authorization a month before we go.

The information below is from the Bermuda website: https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation
I've added some comments in [brackets]

For cruise voyages that take more than 4 days to get to Bermuda from the embarkation port [we'll be arriving a week after Dover]:

Fully vaccinated passengers may take either a COVID-19 NAAT (PCR, LAMP or TMA) test no more than 4 days before embarkation, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before embarkation.[I hope our test by disney at the port before leaving Dover will apply]

Unvaccinated passengers must take a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 4 days before embarkation (supervised antigen tests are not accepted for unvaccinated passengers as a pre-travel test). Cruise lines may also require a supervised antigen test at embarkation in the terminal or at embarkation on the cruise ship.

Passengers under 2 years old do not have to test to enter Bermuda.

All passengers regardless of vaccination status must undergo a further supervised antigen or COVID-19 NAAT on-board, by the ships medical team, no more than 2 days before passengers are to come ashore in Bermuda. [Disney would need to do this onboard after we leave Spain]

And note:
"Unvaccinated cruise ship passengers 12 years and over must remain on the ship." "All non-resident passengers aged 12 and older must be fully vaccinated to be landed in Bermuda." [There is an process for applying for a medical exemption if you have a medical contraindication to the vaccine]
Hopefully things will change as far as Bermuda goes so we wont have to jump through so many hoops.

Wow, this is getting pretty complicated.
I hope that we will be hearing some specifics from Disney in the coming months.

We are in our 70"s and excited to be on this one also. It will be our sixth Transatlantic with DCL.
We are staying at the Hyatt for two days prior to the cruise and using Disney transportation from the airport to hotel and then to ship. We live in NY, so we probably with take an Uber home.

My husband is excited to go on the D Day Landings Port Adventure and not sure yet what else we will do in Europe. We have been to Bermuda previously with DCL and look forward to going again. It is so beautiful there.

Any suggestions for Vigo and Plymouth?
We took this cruise in 2018 and did the Normandy part of the cruise. It is one of the most impressive things we have ever seen. The cemetery land was gifted to the US by the French government; from what I understand during Ronald Regan's administration a separate trust was formed for the upkeep of this facility. It makes us proud how well it is taken care of.

We returned from the most recent Transatlantic cruise and absolutely loved it! We enjoyed it so much we booked this cruise last week! It's my husband and myself. Looking forward to all the ports. We have only booked the Giverny, Monet House and Rouen for our day at Le Havre. Think we may do the other ports on our own, We also have a Palo Brunch on day 7 I think. Anyway, excited to be on this trip.
We were on that cruise as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts