September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk into the shrink wherever you are, wearing a grass skirt, just walk in, say, "Shrink, . . . this is what I am wearing to the Sept 17, sail-away party and tropical night on DCL", and walk out.

You know, if one person, just one person, shows up wearing a grass skirt, they may think he's really sick.

And if two people do it, they may think they just like each other.

And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people wearing grass skirts to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL. They may think it's an organization!

And can you imagine fifty people I said FIFTY people wearing grass skirts to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, Friends, they may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE GRASS SKIRT FRATERNITY MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is wear a grass skirt to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, .........With feelin'.

OK so I had a flash back, so here is the trivia question for you old boomers, from where did I get inspired for this banter to come from? :hippie: :hippie:

Lynn you can’t answer... Hint - A performer at the Flower Power Concerts at EPCOT.

seaulater said:
FIRSTTIMERS-Now Alex-I could have sworn you said "you will never see me in a grass skirt!". I told you don't say never! Can't wait to see you added to the group picture in September!
Linda

I guess I am just getting mellow in my old age! Alex
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DisneyBlonde said:
New to these boards...just booked our first Disney cruise!! I am a long time Disney lover, DVC member, M.MOUSE license plate, etc. :) We vacationed in WDW an average of twice a year from 1989 till 2002 when I met my fiance (he's a cruise guy...we cruise a lot now).

Anywho...I'm so excited because this vacation combines cruising and Disney, and will be our first cruise as a married couple.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, just wanted to say howdie and WoooHOOOOOO!!

Diz

Can if you would like to but I have sent you a PM.

Welcome aboard.. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

:sunny:

THE GRASS SKIRT FRATERNITY = Scott H. More info Here !!

Scott H said:
Walk into the shrink wherever you are, wearing a grass skirt, just walk in, say, "Shrink, . . . this is what I am wearing to the Sept 17, sail-away party and tropical night on DCL", and walk out.

You know, if one person, just one person, shows up wearing a grass skirt, they may think he's really sick.

And if two people do it, they may think they just like each other.

And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people wearing grass skirts to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL. They may think it's an organization!

And can you imagine fifty people I said FIFTY people wearing grass skirts to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, Friends, they may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE GRASS SKIRT FRATERNITY MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is wear a grass skirt to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, .........With feelin'.

OK so I had a flash back, so here is the trivia question for you old boomers, from where did I get inspired for this banter to come from? :hippie: :hippie:

Lynn you can’t answer... Hint - A performer at the Flower Power Concerts at EPCOT.

Disney Wonder CM......................."HERE COME THOSE LANYARD PEOPLE" :banana:

Finally recovered from our Spring Break. Boy was it cold in SoCal for us thin blooded folks from Arizona. Saturday was spent at a "Princess" party in Malibu. The girls had a blast. Went up to the beach house near Ventura that night. Cold, cold, cold. Sunday was sooo windy. Flew kites on the beach and the wind tore them up in about 5 minutes. Monday went to Six Flags. It was awesome, so cold and dreary everyone stayed away. We were able to stay on most rides time and time again without having to get back in line. Ventured down to Disneyland for Wednesday and Thursday. Weather had warmed up and it was miserable. The lines were crazy long. Not to mention we hadn't planned well. Banked our DVC points until September not thinking they would be used. Ended up paying $320 a night at the Grand Californian. Have never had that expense staying on site before. A little sticker shock - but that's what you get making the reservation the day of. The girls still had a blast. Damn if Donald didn't make fun of our Oregon Duck gear we had on again. Back in January, Donald visited Jenna for her 6th birthday and informed us he was a USC fan. Must have been the same Donald! Doesn't he know he is the mascot for our beloved school?

seaulater said:
Of course, I remember I shipped 4 boxes to the ship before I even left town and they were in the middle of the stateroom waiting for us when we arrived!

Linda

Linda.... I was sitting here doing some catch up reading :surfweb: (I've been burried getting my taxes ready) When I read your post about shipping 4 boxes to the ship!
:eek: Is it possible to ship stuff to our stateroom?!
:confused3 How can this be done?
I'm so looking forward to dressing up for all the fun activities including getting my husband in that grass skirt, but I'm really worried about running out of suitcase room for regular clothes! If it is possible to ship stuff to ourselves, then my worries are over!

:worship: Please share this valuable information! :worship:

Thought I would share another story . . . . . .

Shawn came home from work tonight and is upset because he is turning 38 tomorrow. The thing he is mad about is that he just hired someone who is 19 and realized he is old enough to be his father!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hi All, remember me. It looks like we're leaning more towards this cruise at the moment instead of the 10 day...unless Powerball comes through and we'll do both then!

sandysplayhouse said:
Linda.... I was sitting here doing some catch up reading :surfweb: (I've been burried getting my taxes ready) When I read your post about shipping 4 boxes to the ship!
:eek: Is it possible to ship stuff to our stateroom?!
:confused3 How can this be done?
I'm so looking forward to dressing up for all the fun activities including getting my husband in that grass skirt, but I'm really worried about running out of suitcase room for regular clothes! If it is possible to ship stuff to ourselves, then my worries are over!

:worship: Please share this valuable information! :worship:

YES!!!(And many of us took advantage of this for the PC cruise)

Here is what you do to ship packages to DCL:

Disney Cruise Line
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

MARK EACH BOX IN BIG LETTERING IN BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Sail date
Vessel
Stateroom #
Confirmation #
How many boxes (i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3)
ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING

I printed out a really fun Goofy graphic on a label and put DELIVER THIS IMPORTANT BOX TO: with the info underneath. I also requested a delivery confirmation so I knew that my boxes got to Florida safe and sound. Like I said, they were all in our stateroom when we arrived. I didn't hear of anyone who shipped stuff having any problems. I don't have the phone number of the DCL office in Port Canaveral with me, but the person at the shipping warehouse we talked to was Kelly. She was awesome. Just don't think she knew how many packages she really was going to get before the PC cruise.

Linda

seaulater said:
YES!!!(And many of us took advantage of this for the PC cruise) Linda

Linda... :worship: Thank you :worship: Thank you...:worship: Thank you SO MUCH... you are a life saver... Now my DH won't have an excuse NOT to dress up... grass skirt brigade look out! I can pack EVERYthing... hmmm... where IS that extra sink? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

seaulater said:
YES!!!(And many of us took advantage of this for the PC cruise)

Here is what you do to ship packages to DCL:

Disney Cruise Line
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

MARK EACH BOX IN BIG LETTERING IN BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Sail date
Vessel
Stateroom #
Confirmation #
How many boxes (i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3)
ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING

I printed out a really fun Goofy graphic on a label and put DELIVER THIS IMPORTANT BOX TO: with the info underneath. I also requested a delivery confirmation so I knew that my boxes got to Florida safe and sound. Like I said, they were all in our stateroom when we arrived. I didn't hear of anyone who shipped stuff having any problems. I don't have the phone number of the DCL office in Port Canaveral with me, but the person at the shipping warehouse we talked to was Kelly. She was awesome. Just don't think she knew how many packages she really was going to get before the PC cruise.

Linda
Thanks Linda , I was going to Dig it out .
added it to this list ..

Peter

sandysplayhouse said:
Linda... :worship: Thank you :worship: Thank you...:worship: Thank you SO MUCH... you are a life saver... Now my DH won't have an excuse NOT to dress up... grass skirt brigade look out! I can pack EVERYthing... hmmm... where IS that extra sink? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't forget the blender!!

:rotfl2:

Good Evening Everyone!
Been great visiting the parks. Shopping and DVC tomorrow.
Hey Scott, did you find that cure for addonitis?

AK was great. No Everest ride, but really enjoyed the rest of the park.
Epcot was today. Just went to the other side. Started with Mexico and ending with Canada. Just kinda ate and drank our way through.
Yes Debbie, we saw OffKilter. They are as advertised.

Got something blinkie for the 11 day cruise. :banana: :cool1:

sandysplayhouse said:

seaulater said:
Don't forget the blender!!

:rotfl2:

Let's see.....grass skirt, blender, uhhhh what about booze for the blender.

"...and soon it will render,
that frozen concoction that
helps me hang on!"

Hey Scott, don't forget that palm tree. :rotfl2:
Heck, we might find one. Got a mickey pirate flag. pirate:

:bday: :bday: :bday: Happy Birthday Elaine !!

:cloud9:

Sorry nothing this year ...
T and I had many idea's, but decided not to borrow the Web pages from DCl. :lmao: Peter

Happy Birthday Elaine. :thumbsup2 :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yay:

You know when kids are growing up too fast, when your 3 almost 4 years old grand daughter wants to stop at Starbucks for a Mocha Frappachino. As she starts to sip it she asks you "How is the job?" :rotfl2: Mike

PS the Starbucks lady asked me if I wanted to get her decaf, I said no she is going home to her mother :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: as she bounces off the walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter