Senior discount???

Terry Kennedy

Earning My Ears
For years, my husband and I have bought Florida resident passes to Disney World, primarily so that we could accompany our grandchildren on visits. This year we decided that we just did not use the passes enough to make it worthwhile. Instead, on their recent trip to Florida, we let the grandkids go without us and we treated them to nice dinners at our favorite local restaurants. As they were getting ready to head back north, my eldest granddaughter told me that the parks weren't nearly as much fun without us. We were momentarily flattered until she elaborated. My husband and I had always indulged them, treating the kids to souvenirs galore and to lunch at the theme park eateries. Their parents vetoed all souvenirs and fed them packed lunches. It was funny but true. But it made me realize how much money Disney is losing by not offering Senior discounts with the resident packages. Most of these would be grandparents going with children. Disney could let them in for nothing and still make an enormous profit just from what the seniors buy. Can't believe no one at Disney has stumbled on to this yet.

your post made me chuckle. this year we are doing disney without grandparents for the first time. the kids might be in for a shock! grandma and grandpa loved treating them to souvenirs, ice cream, etc. disney could probably let 'grandparents' in for free and still make money!!

I,too,had a chuckle at your post. I am retired from the Disney Stores, therefore keeping all my cast benefits. We go nice a year with my son and his family to a WDW and once a year with my daughter and her family to Disneyland, she lives in CA. My husband and I travel to WDW alone a couple times a year alone.

I am able to get discounts on the rooms for my children and always spoil my grandchildren while there. The past couple trips my children have put a stop to the buying of too much "stuff". They have explained to their children spending time with Nana and Popa is more important than me buying everything they want. While the sentiment is nice, I love spoiling the children, but go along with their parent's wishes and buy 1 very special gift and I also purchase the memory maker. I do tend to buy a few little thing though, can't help myself sometimes.

Our next trip with them is January 21st and I can't wait. They don't know they are going, it is a Christmas present. My husband and I will be there next week for our alone trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter