SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer for sure! At this point for an October trip I already had MNSSHP tix associated with a secondary MDE. Will the "2nd set" of FP still work for the day of a MNSSHP from 4-7pm? We will enter MK for the full day using our normal tickets with booked FP, then go to the party. Assuming we can still use our normal MDE account FP for the day, but also book additional FP from 4-7pm (or maybe only 4-6pm) with our MNSSHP tickets, correct?
Yes, that will still work for the Party day as long as your Party ticket has been used to enter the Party or the ticket has been scanned at one of the in-park locations.

I'm assuming either TOS are being added to the kiosks -or- FP+ system and front gate are now "talking" to each other. Am I close?

I suppose we knew this day would come eventually. That doesn't make it suck any less though.

Six Flags has it figured. Unless the ticket has been scanned it can't access the perks or Dining Plan. I'm surprised it took so long.

What can they do to your MDE? I assume the SDFPs will work or they won't. What does your MDE account have to do with anything?

This is the thing. We're not sure yet. But at the very least, anyone who prebooks FP for profiles not actually entering the parks ... their MDE will be locked if they enter a FP attraction with those GLFP.

It's not as bad as it sounds - just a quick trip to the symbolic principal's office that the IT exec bullies have engineered. In other words, you'll have to stop by guest services to have your account unlocked. They'll say, "You can't use FP for profiles whose tickets weren't used to enter the parks." You'll say, "Oh, sorry!" They'll say, "Go about your business."

We're not even sure what the lock entails. It may be only for FP booking. (Not that such a lock would be something you'd ignore.) It's not as though your MB won't work to unlock your resort room door.

SDFP is different though. It doesn't violate TOS. There are no tickets on those phantom accounts. Would the account still be locked? We're trying to get that pinned down and will report ASAP.

After June 4, go ahead and use bands for phantoms that are on a separate MDE. (We now FINALLY have a really good reason for using a second MDE!!! Too little, too late.)

If you use phantom bands from a separate MDE at a kiosk, the system will probably allow you to book your SDFP. But when you go to enter the FP attractions, the Mickey will turn blue instead of green. Maybe the CM will shrug and say, "Go ahead." More likely he or she will turn you away. Maybe that separate MDE will have some sort of lock on it. But you won't care - it was only ever good for SDFP anyway. As long as the MDE was separate, your primary MDE won't be impacted.

Last edited:

after June 4th.
I amused that we're learning about this impending system change the same day that Universals Volcano Bay had some pretty bad system failures. Brand new state of the art virtual queuing system does not work as intended, but Disney will close a technical glitch (that they have to have been aware of) that they haven't been able to close for years. Good luck with that.

Worthy of note: my pc hard drive at work went kaput today. One of those uber reliable solid state drives that never fail. And the backup system that was supposed to be backing up my email in the background? Well, unbeknownst to me it hadn't completed a backup since July. Fun day at work.

Glad my next trip isn't until October.

This is the thing. We're not sure yet. But at the very least, anyone who prebooks FP for profiles not actually entering the parks ... their MDE will be locked if they enter a FP attraction with those GLFP.

It's not as bad as it sounds - just a quick trip to the symbolic principal's office that the IT bullies have engineered. In other words, you'll have to stop by guest services to have your account unlocked. They'll say, "You can't use FP for profiles whose tickets weren't used to enter the parks." You'll say, "Oh, sorry!" They'll say, "Go about your business."

We're not even sure what the lock entails. It may be only for FP booking. (Not that such a lock would be something you'd ignore.) It's not as though your MB won't work to unlock your resort room door. (Right, IT bullies???)

SDFP is different though. It doesn't violate TOS. There are no tickets on those phantom accounts. Would the account still be locked? We're trying to get that pinned down and will report ASAP.

After June 4, go ahead and use bands for phantoms that are on a separate MDE. (We now FINALLY have a really good reason for using a second MDE!!! Too little, too late.)

If you use phantom bands from a separate MDE at a kiosk, the system will probably allow you to book your SDFP. But when you go to enter the FP attractions, the Mickey will turn blue instead of green. Maybe the CM will shrug and say, "Go ahead." More likely he or she will turn you away. Maybe that separate MDE will have some sort of lock on it. But you won't care - it was only ever good for SDFP anyway. As long as the MDE was separate, your primary MDE won't be impacted.
So, I'm trying to get my head around this.

We will have three sets of MBs as of now:
1) primary MBs under my MDE and one I had put under my sister's name (the reservation was never connected to her MDE)
2) two MBs from my sister's previous trip. Those are connected to her MDE as well as her BFs name (don't think he has a full MDE set up)
3) two phantoms with 2-2 yr olds I added to our reservation about 1 month ago.

Set 1 (primary) will be the only ones with valid tickets attached so will be the only ones we pre-book FPs for.

What will happen if we use Sets 2 and 3 at the park? Will Set 2 work fine but Set 3 mess up? Will using Set 3 impact Set 1 at all?

IMG_0023.JPGJust skimmed through TOS and there are several places where the process could be interpreted as a violation. But I don't think they had the IT to catch and enforce, but maybe now they do. This one seems pretty clear; only FP+ associated with a ticket used to enter are valid.

I amused that we're learning about this impending system change the same day that Universals Volcano Bay had some pretty bad system failures. Brand new state of the art virtual queuing system does not work as intended, but Disney will close a technical glitch (that they have to have been aware of) that they haven't been able to close for years. Good luck with that.

Worthy of note: my pc hard drive at work went kaput today. One of those uber reliable solid state drives that never fail. And the backup system that was supposed to be backing up my email in the background? Well, unbeknownst to me it hadn't completed a backup since July. Fun day at work.

Glad my next trip isn't until October.

Sorry about your system troubles. :(

June 6th (or maybe June 5th) will be an interesting day to be in the parks. There could be a massive system failure - though they obviously think they have it covered. With luck some friendly (to SDFP) gremlins will wreak havoc - and everything will go back to normal on June 7th - at least for six more months when they try again.

So, I'm trying to get my head around this.

We will have three sets of MBs as of now:
1) primary MBs under my MDE and one I had put under my sister's name (the reservation was never connected to her MDE)
2) two MBs from my sister's previous trip. Those are connected to her MDE as well as her BFs name (don't think he has a full MDE set up)
3) two phantoms with 2-2 yr olds I added to our reservation about 1 month ago.

Set 1 (primary) will be the only ones with valid tickets attached so will be the only ones we pre-book FPs for.

What will happen if we use Sets 2 and 3 at the park? Will Set 2 work fine but Set 3 mess up? Will using Set 3 impact Set 1 at all?

We don't know for sure. Better not use your sister's MBs because she won't be in the park to get her account unlocked - if it gets locked. You could use your own little phantoms for SDFP to see what happens. They probably won't work to get on the ride. And when you tap them at FP entrance, you might trigger some kind of lock on your MDE. But go straight at 'em - don't let these thugs scare you. Just be aware that you might have to go to guest services in order to unlock and access your prebooked FPs. If you're at the far end of the park or if there's a long line at guest services, it will be a pain.

View attachment 239961Just skimmed through TOS and there are several places where the process could be interpreted as a violation. But I don't think they had the IT to catch and enforce, but maybe now they do. This one seems pretty clear; only FP+ associated with a ticket used to enter are valid.

This refers to tickets "associated with your Site/App account." SDFP could be booked on media that didn't require a Site/App account. You don't need an MDE to visit a kiosk.

When that MDE TOS was updated last fall, this thread was substantially revised to remove mention of FP booked with not-being-used-today tickets.

But we're inching up perilously close to the DIS rules regarding this kind of discussion, so I'll quit while I'm ahead! :)

We don't know for sure. Better not use your sister's MBs because she won't be in the park to get her account unlocked - if it gets locked. You could use your own little phantoms for SDFP to see what happens. They probably won't work to get on the ride. And when you tap them at FP entrance, you might trigger some kind of lock on your MDE. But go straight at 'em - don't let these thugs scare you. Just be aware that you might have to go to guest services in order to unlock and access your prebooked FPs. If you're at the far end of the park or if there's a long line at guest services, it will be a pain.
My sister is going with me so at least she could unlock them! But if it does get locked does that mean we would need to go to Guest Services for every FP. Or if they unlock once it will be good all day or the entire trip?

That would certainly put a crimp into my Disneyworld vacation; May 22-July 7 I've been using three MB from family members that didn't come, 3 MB on a secondary account and 2 MB (1 on each MDE account) that have tickets attached but no one using unused tickets to enter Parks. The daughter leaves for home June 5, so that leaves my son and myself in Orlando until July 8. I have noticed that I can no longer change FP gotten same day on MB with no tickets linked (unless I go back to a kiosk). I'll be happy to report back June 5 if there are any changes.

You probably won't see a change until June 6. And be sure to only use the MB from your secondary account for SDFP - so that it won't matter if it gets locked.

I'll be watching the thread for your updates on June 6!

So ... book SDFP (just one) at a kiosk with your secondary-account band(s). Then attempt to use that SDFP at the ride. Will the Mickey head go blue, but the CM waves you through anyway? Will the Mickey head go green because they had to delay the unholy alliance of the admission and FP systems?

Next, return to the kiosk and try to book another SDFP. Will the kiosk give you an error message because a lock applied when you tried to enter the ride with your first SDFP? Or will it give you another SDFP? Try to book a second SDFP.

Now it will get even more interesting. Log onto the MDE the phantom is on to see if you find any alerts or messages - or any kind of visible change. Since the phantoms won't have tickets, you won't be able to attempt to book FP for them. But see if the MDE will show you the second SDFP.

We'll all be on the edge of our seats to hear what happens.

Anyone else in the parks on June 6 or afterwards could do the same thing, that would be ideal. But don't use a phantom MB from your primary MDE unless you are a tough cookie and aren't fazed by the idea that you'll have to mince up to guest services and ask them nicely to unlock your MDE.

Hope you have a great trip!

I know this is a hypothetical at this point, but the question occurred to me...

Say Billy and Susie plan a trip and book FP+. At the last minute, something comes up and they don't make the trip. Their friends Michael and Jane decide to go for that same time period, but there are no good FP+ left. They are MDE friends who can see each other's plans. Will Michael and Jane be able to "modify party" from "Billie and Susie" to "Michael and Jane" even though Billie and Susie never entered the park? Or will Billie and Susie's MDE accounts be locked?

My sister is going with me so at least she could unlock them! But if it does get locked does that mean we would need to go to Guest Services for every FP. Or if they unlock once it will be good all day or the entire trip?

Nice sister!

If a lock gets triggered, it would only have to be unlocked once (presumably!) - unless you triggered it again. So DON'T do that. If you do it a second time, you don't just get sent to the principal - you have to go see the superintendent.

How soon is your trip?

Say Billy and Susie plan a trip and book FP+. At the last minute, something comes up and they don't make the trip. Their friends Michael and Jane decide to go for that same time period, but there are no good FP+ left. They are MDE friends who can see each other's plans. Will Michael and Jane be able to "modify party" from "Billie and Susie" to "Michael and Jane" even though Billie and Susie never entered the park? Or will Billie and Susie's MDE accounts be locked?

Transferring FP this way is discussed in the first post if you search for the word "transfer." This is still fair game because the FP will be used by a profile whose ticket was used for park entrance, as required for prebooked FP. A lock wouldn't be triggered because the system will find the ticket it's looking for. It won't matter that Billie and Susie never entered - they won't be the ones using the FP.

This is the sort of morsel we'll be left discussing here if the Unholy Alliance takes place as scheduled.

This is an interesting question and I don't know the answer so I will let the experts weigh in it. Perhaps no one knows for sure what, if any, snowball effect (or is it affect?) this will have on situations like the one you described.

ETA: looks like you got your answer before I finished typing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter