Scrabooking storage ideas?

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi, I just stated to use brads and all those little odds and ends of scrapbooking. Now I need a cool storage idea. I did start off with a clear two sided tackle box, but I don't like it. I have seen on the net the long magnetic strip, then small clear spice containers that stick on.What else?

I picked up two different types of pill containers at Dollar Tree. It sounds dumb, but I'd already filled a clear tackle box container that Sweet Maxine sent me. I actually like these. I store those in a small RubberMaid box that I picked up at Wal-Mart for less than $3.

One type of pill container actually looks a lot like the clear, round containers you see sold for storing eyelets. The only difference is that the stack of 7 only has one lid - they screw into the bottom of each other.

The other type is a set of 7 boxes in a little shelf/holder thingy. Each box is marked with a day of the week, but I just turned them backwards. The boxes are divided into 4 sections (breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime) which also works well for me. I'd bought a bunch of different shapes (oval, star, square, 1/8", 3/16", etc) in the same color that can go in one container, but be separate.

Probably not the type of idea you were looking for, but it works for me - but best of all....it's cheap! :teeth:

Creative Express has some neat little metal embellishment holders on sale in their Dollar Days section. They come in several different sizes.

I store mine in the little craft organizer things that they sell at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc. usually over in the jewelry section (normally holds beads and jewelry-making items). If I hadn't already bought lots of these, I would buy some of the metal kind.

At Walmart I found a plastic box that was filled with tic tac shaped boxes. I think it holds 24 little tic tac boxes and is about 8 x 6 x 1 1/2inches. The tic tac shaped boxes came with it and it was like $3-4. They were not actual tic tac boxes as they were empty, but I thought it was a really good deal for about $4. You store the items in the little boxes and stick them in the big box.

Becky

ReAnSt said:
At Walmart I found a plastic box that was filled with tic tac shaped boxes. I think it holds 24 little tic tac boxes and is about 8 x 6 x 1 1/2inches. The tic tac shaped boxes came with it and it was like $3-4. They were not actual tic tac boxes as they were empty, but I thought it was a really good deal for about $4. You store the items in the little boxes and stick them in the big box.

Becky

I love those too!
also I use the 'watchmakers tins' I got at Mike's rather cheap also - they are little round containers with lids and 12 of them fit into a case.

ReAnSt said:

I use these too for any small embellishment...brads, eyelets, conchos, beads, etc. BTW, I found them in the bead area on the very bottom of the shelf. I also like them because the items don't spill everywhere when you open a container up.

over the years, my embellishment storage has changed many times.

at first i used to use those watchmaker tins...until i had 3 40ct boxes full and was going into my fourth. plus they were getting to be a pain, i had dumped a whole one and had to play 4,000 eyelet pickup...let me tell you that was not fun, as i have a small dog who likes to eat stuff on the floor...and also some of those blasted cups were soooooooo hard to get open...in fact, if somebody wants some tins, email me and they are yours...

then i tried the wal mart tic tac boxes. those are also good, but they only hold smaller items.

then i got one of those all out huge tackle/fishing boxes. the one with the top that opens, and i put more boxes on top. then the front door opens and there are 4 pull out plastic organizing drawers...you can customize these anyway you want with the plastic dividers. that system is good, but you have to have a place to put it that is accessible, and it really isn't good for the smaller items....

enter the current organizer...

i use cropper hopper embellishment boxes...

tic1.jpg

tic.jpg

instead of writing what the item is on the top, i just set the eyelet or brad, or glue whatever is held inside the box right on the top. that way i can see what exactly is in there and not have to read it.

then i put them into the cropper hopper embellishment case

tic2.jpg

now, my small embellishments are still being put into the cases, but i do have my ribbon stored this way...this is a picture of sombody's on 2peas, but mine looks just like it...

ribbon1.jpg

though, not the optimum traveling stuff, well, they are very travelable, i just like to take the bare minimum...so, with that, i take only the necessary boxes of colors of ribbon and embellishments that i will need for the projects that i am working on.

i like this system. so far it is one of the best ones that i have used.

onedisneylover- can you tell me what the ribbon is stored in exactly- and how is it stored? Is it still on it's reel?

karebear1 said:
onedisneylover- can you tell me what the ribbon is stored in exactly- and how is it stored? Is it still on it's reel?

i would also like to know the answer to that. I really like the look of that.

thanks!!

ok, sorry guys, haven't been able to get to the computer in a few days, but here goes...

now, this is only good for ribbons that are 1/2 or skinnier...

most of the ribbon is off the spools then i roll it (kind of like it is still on the spool) and just put it in the box...here is a side view of it...

ribbonboxes.jpg

infact...if you have the latest creating keepsakes magazine, it is on page 73.

if you go back to my original post, look at the picture where it has 2 boxes, they say purple eyelets and orange eyelets. after i roll the ribbon and put them in those boxes, the boxes go into the bigger box (3rd picture in that post)...the 4th picture is where is is all set up.

i love this method. it isn't the smallest, or the prettiest, but it holds 90 boxes. so that is at least 90 ribbons. if the ribbons are 1/8" i put 2 that are the same width in the box.

with my alphabet embellies, i kind of do it like graygables. i have a large container that all letters have their own sqare...all a's go in one, all b's etc. that way i can mix and match and not have to hunt through to find one letter.

I buy the DMC floss boxes at Michaels for $1.99. Of course, I have to take the ribbon off the rolls and rewind into little coils. I also have the 'tic tac' boxes from Wal Mart. I took the 'tic tac' boxes out of the box they came in and put the individual boxes into the DMC box according to color.

Of course, doing it this way, you have to unwind the ribbon then wind it up again. Double work but it works for me and I can take it to crops with me by color (if I am that organized!) The poster with the square opaque boxes really looks like a great idea!! CindyML

I bought a round storage container by Darice at Mike's for under $5. It has 6 compartments on the side which are removable and have 6 individual compartments each. The top has a round containerd divided into 6 compartments, although not removable. This is the best way I have found to store mine. I formerly used MM eyelet stackable containers, and regular stackable containers with great disaster each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter