Sci-fi

sapphirerose915

DIS Veteran
Hoping to get an ADR- but questioning the seating.
we are 2 average size adults and a thin 4 yo.. will we fit in 1 row??? I cant seem to find a straight answer!! Thank you!!

We are a party of 3 and they always sit us in 2 rows. My son is 9 now but we've eaten there starting when he was 3 and we were always put in 2 rows - meaning me sitting by myself!

We sat in one row with our then five year old without issue. We are average sized, not large people, and he is tiny for his age so it worked fine.

We are a party of 3 and they always sit us in 2 rows. My son is 9 now but we've eaten there starting when he was 3 and we were always put in 2 rows - meaning me sitting by myself!
Isnt it nice and peaceful though? One of the things i love about scifi (other than the amazing theme) is how beautifully quiet that place is. I'd have zero issues sitting alone. Lol. Its a nice change from the noisy park.

As others have said two rows but SciFi has been one of my daughters favorite restaurants since she was 3 or 4 because she always sits alone in front of my husband and I. She feels very grown up and we get some "alone" time :D

Hoping to get an ADR- but questioning the seating.
we are 2 average size adults and a thin 4 yo.. will we fit in 1 row??? I cant seem to find a straight answer!! Thank you!!
There is no straight answer.

Disney will not recommend seating 3-people in one-row (designed for 2-people).

But at that age, my 4 y.o. wanted to be squished.

There are also regular tables around the perimeter of the restaurant if you don't want to use those cars. We ate lunch there earlier this year since the place next door was closed for refurbishment (can't recall the name). Thought the food was very average and the brief movie clips won't mean much to anyone under 50. While some rave about it, we were unimpressed and would probably not eat there again.

I feel like it will be an "on my lap" meal
Not as bad as 'on my lap', but it's certainly 'cozy' for two-adults and a 4 y.o.

Honestly, you're not here to 'dine' on good food.

Other than Victoria & Albert's (which does not allow young children), this will likely be the quietest meal you will experience at Disney.

Not as bad as 'on my lap', but it's certainly 'cozy' for two-adults and a 4 y.o.

Honestly, you're not here to 'dine' on good food.

Other than Victoria & Albert's (which does not allow young children), this will likely be the quietest meal you will experience at Disney.

He loves cars so I know it would be so cool to him.. and my husband loves sit down meals instead of QS.. I'm still gonna book.. if we fit we fit.. if not I'll sit in the back with my bag and enjoy the extra quiet time lol!!

Thanks for all your responses!! I appreciate them all 😊

When we are there yesterday, I was surprised to see a mom sitting with her 2 kids in the front row of a car. I had never seen 3 people in a row but they fit. I don’t think 2 adults could fit another person in a row - even a little person. It would be uncomfortable. I don’t think you’d be able to move your arms up to eat and there’d be very limited room to put your food.

If you want to sit together, ask to sit in one of the cars that has tables and chairs.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Agree with PPs - it would not be comfortable. DH and I are two average sized adults, and we barely have enough room for our shake, water, and entrée plate on the table as it is.

We are just 2 regular sized adults. Will we have to sit in a car with another group? how close is the seat in front to your table if you have to sit in the back? I have issues with sitting too close to people, especially near my food. Do I have options? We have an ADR and I'm really looking forward to it, but am getting a bit apprehensive about the seating. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!