Sci Fi Review

We currently have a 7:25 PM reservation for 6 of us for next week. My big debate is that we are all sandwich people and there are only two expensive sandwiches on the menu at dinner. We want to go for the atmosphere, but it doesn't fit into our schedule for a lunch, since on our first MGM day we are already doing Ohana's for a 5PM dinner.

I have heard you can order sandwichs they serve at lunch for dinner, even though they are not on the dinner menu, can anyone confirm this?

Also, I guess we could just do drinks and appetizers...though not my fav thing to do.

Thanks for the great review!!

We always enjoy Sci-FI!!! Only complaint from us would be the long wait to get in!! Even having arrived early for our ADR.

Always good service!!

We love the Sci Fi! It is on our "to do" list every visit. We have had the pasta with shrimp, ribs, BLT soup, catfish. I was sorry to see they do not offer the fried catfish anymore. My DH had that last time and loved it. We know our catfish being from Mississippi! It was probably the best thing we had there.

The kids love watching the old Sci Fi movies! :happytv: And love the waiters screaming along!

I much prefer this restaurant to the 50's Prime Time.

Just a question my husband is kind of a large guy. Are the cars a tight fit for larger people or are they roomy? Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the review. We'll be eating there for the first time next month (wow, I can finally say next month :cool1: ) and I've read such mixed reviews. Your review made me glad I that I plan to eat there. I really chose the place for the theming - I think my boys, including DH, will love the drive-in theme. I'm so excited!! I can't wait to go!

Glad you had a good time there! We made an ADR for lunch at Sci-Fi for our trip in January- my son is just going to love it there. Thanks! :)

Priorityonecb said:
The only disappoitment was generic M&M's...those things were nasty!

We had two "hitchikers" in our car sitting behind Dd15 and I. The guy behind me kept sniffling the *entire meal! He about drove me insane! I almost handed him a tissue! Ack!!!

I agree about the fake M's...they were yucky lol
And are the "hitchikers" staged or were they just 2 annoying people?

When we went to Sci-Fi in June we had the onion rings, BLT soup, and the Spinach and Artichoke Dip. We actually enjoyed all of the appetizers.

The entrees we had were ok but not nearly as good as the food at Wolfgang Pucks in DTD.

For dessert we had Hot Fudge Sundaes and the Apple Crisp.

Overall we loved the atmosphere and theming. I think DH was disappointed that they were really only showing film clips and not actual Sci-Fi movies but he did enjoy it. The only negative for me was we were sitting in a car with the table between the two ends so in order to watch the movie without getting nauseated. I had to turn in my seat to face the screen. I have a vestibular disorder that causes dizziness and nausea, I find that sometimes odd things will make me react.

I'm happy to read this post. We have ADR for September, I read and hear so many bad reviews about the food being bad but the atmosphere being great. we did change our res. from dinner to lunch. I hear lunch is better? who knows, I dont know what to believe guess Im going to have to try it myself. Also, we are 3 adults no kids. I'm sure adults can appreciate the atmophere just as much as the kids, right :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter