• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi Review

Priorityonecb

DIS Veteran
The sign in part of this ADR was a bit sloppy. They seemed stressed and agitated. This was the first time I encountered that at any ADR.They couldn't find my reservation, I was glad I had my confirmation number with me.

The atmosphere was great! The girls loved sitting in the cars and seeing the twinkling "stars" all around. Our server was fun and told Dd9 since she in the drivers seat...she'd have to pay. Dd 9 said "That doesn't matter. We are on the dining plan. We are eating for FREE!" :lmao:

We shared here, which was not a problem at all with the server. Even sharing, we had a hard time finishing all the food! We paid OOP for glow cubes for both of the dd's. We tipped extra since we were sharing.

Dd 9 and Dh had the onion rings for an appetizer. Dd15 and I had the chili. I didn't care for the chili, Dd15 enjoyed it. Dd9 and Dh enjoyed their onion rings. We all ordered the burgers with fries...which came already cut and separated on four plates...very nice! Dd9 and Dh shared the apple crisp which they both enjoyed. Dd15 and I had the Happiest Celebration on Earth cheesecake. The only disappoitment was generic M&M's...those things were nasty!

We had two "hitchikers" in our car sitting behind Dd15 and I. The guy behind me kept sniffling the *entire meal! He about drove me insane! I almost handed him a tissue! Ack!!!

Other than sniffle boy :sick: and generic M&M's...a very pleasant lunch!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Nice to hear you were easily able to share. We've decided to pay out of pocket here but we've always had too much food in the past so we're going to share next time.

Priorityonecb said:
The atmosphere was great! The girls loved sitting in the cars and seeing the twinkling "stars" all around. Our server was fun and told Dd9 since she in the drivers seat...she'd have to pay. Dd 9 said "That doesn't matter. We are on the dining plan. We are eating for FREE!" :lmao:

I don't need to hear anymore! You're daughter is absolutely ADORABLE!

Good to hear another positive review of Sci Fi..My family enjoys it also..Although we never had any hitchhikers..I dont think it would have been rude if you would have been like "Here you go" and handed the sniffler a tissue. lol

Finally a POSITIVE review of Sci-Fi. We have always had a good time there. The boys (all of them, including DH) get the biggest kick out of the movies. In fact, DH would love to get his hands on that!!!

We have always had good service and good food. I know some people bash this place--but we like it!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write!

After debating on whether we should go back or not, we have decided that we cannot go to MGM without once again dining at the Sci-fi. Although it is pretty standard food, the atmosphere is really cool.

The kids and DH love the place, and I enjoy the quiet, dark setting.

Thanks for the review! Now I won't regret choosing Sci fi over Mama Melrose.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Our whole family really enjoys going every trip, the onoin rings are to die for!!!

How are the cars (seating) set up - are there cars for '6'? 2-2 & 2 or, 3 & 3? have our adr FOR 8/16. :cool1: I think I'll bring a flashlight! :goodvibes

We loved this place, too. Very happy with the food, DS5 loved the old cartoons, and exclaimed "Dad, I'm in a car, and I'm in the front seat!"

I had heard so many bad reviews that I almost changed our reservation and I'm glad we didn't. We loved the atmosphere and the food was not bad at all. We also had a bad experience at the sign in though and had the only wait at a restaurant of our entire 6 nights. It seemed very disorganized and we were probably seated about 25 minutes after our ADR time. It may have been our fault because it was also the one time we didn't sign in 15 min before our ADR. My DS7 and DS3 loved it there and my DS7 got a speeding ticket which he thought was great!

Sci-Fi is a must do for us every trip. It is one of the best themed restaurants in WDW in my opinion.

Glad to hear the seating will accomodate the 5 of us,(2- 2 - 2). Anyone treidthe other appetizers, and what were they like?

We enjoyed it, although at this point in our lives ( no kids yet! ) we really enjoy fine sit down dining. DF found the car seating a bit snug and the tables in the car were narrow.....perfect place to bring kids tho!!! I did see some booths, if we go back we will request a booth!

great review - thanks for posting this. We have ADR's for our Christmas trip and I was a little worried due to the many negative things that I have read. Your post gives me a glimmer of hope.

:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter