Sci-Fi & Prime Time questions

Jenny

DIS Veteran
Which do you recommend for an almost 3 yr. old - Sci-Fi or Prime Time at MGM? also, do either require a PS? if so, can i make it that day? we're going 1/28-2/3. thanks.

We always make a PS no matter where we are going or what time...BUT, you are going at a very low-volume time and probably won't need.
Hard to choose for a 3-year-old. Honestly, both will probably go over his/her head. Prime Time atmosphere is like a diner....or a kitchen from a 1950's suburban American home, with television shows from that era playing in the background.
Sci-Fi is a 1950's-era drive-in movie theatre. You sit in "cars" and face a large movie screen in the dark that plays little movie clips from that era's science fiction flicks (the really hokey ones like "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman!")
Our kids are 15, 11 and 7 and honestly, they don't understand any of it! Two weeks ago, we went to Sci-Fi and they enjoyed it, primarily because of the cool atmosphere of sitting in the cars and having a nice juicy cheeseburger, fries and shake.
Your 3-year-old really won't understand either place......and the darkness of Sci-Fi, along with the "scary monsters" on the screen may scare him/her...so keep that in mind. If you think your child may handle that, though, and you and your spouse are into either of those things, then give it a shot. We always found both restaurants a treat more for my wife and I as opposed to the kids.

ditto on the PS's. we never plan a meal without one.
i would vote for prime-time. as CD said, sci-fi can be dark. plus since prime time is loud, or should i say boisterous, if it happens to be a cranky time for your 3yr old, less people will notice. plus the waiting area of prime time is bigger, and the wait staff would probably have more fun with the kid at prime time.

i think you're both right about Sci-Fi - my DD may not appreciate the darkness or the monsters on the screen at Sci-Fi - then prime-time it is & i'll make a PS - thanks.

Either one you select make sure you do a PS even if it's not busy season. You're 3 year-old will thank you.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter