Say Goodbye to your old refill mugs

We were at US the other day and they are still selling the red cups all over the park. They also have that "souvenir cup" for the Coke machines. No problem getting the red cups refilled.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

5E5C0AD3-C786-4857-AE4F-A68669AB91FE-2031-0000010395E9F3B7.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my first time posting a photo from my phone so hopefully it works!

This was our refilled cup today.

F5B483DA-29ED-4F01-9BFF-ADC073DD74C8-2031-000001039B39BA65.jpg
[/IMG]

25D4B46E-DFA7-4AA8-936D-93FC367A4C48-2031-0000010398F2E0BD.jpg
[/IMG].

This was today.

Yep, they are allowing refills at least for awhile but look for that to be phased out. I think the red cups are being sold until they run out. The future doesn't look good for our "forever" refills.

I was at Universal today (Dec. 16) and they were selling the red cups everywhere as buy 2 get 1 free. It looked like a fire sale the way they were at every soda stand. It took a while to find a place selling Coke in the 20 oz bottle.
There must be a huge inventory of those cups.

hydrotony said:
I was at Universal today (Dec. 16) and they were selling the red cups everywhere as buy 2 get 1 free. It looked like a fire sale the way they were at every soda stand. It took a while to find a place selling Coke in the 20 oz bottle.
There must be a huge inventory of those cups.

They've had the buy 2 get 1 free since at least early summer. I'm not saying they're not trying to get rid of them as they phase them out, just that the b2g1 is not new.

I'm wondering....any thought that they'll keep the red cups at the stands because the Freestyle ones are only available at very few locations? I'm hoping maybe these are just in addition to the red cups? A girl can hope right? :-)

this stinks for people who go often! what do they expect us to do with all the mugs we must now purchase each day? They should have an Annual Pass mug for those that do go often ::yes:: I won't be buying a mug a day, I will tell you that. Guess I will just drink water, it is better for you anyway :thumbsup2

Are there any updates on this?

Are they still offering discounted refills for the red souvenir cups?

Also, are they still offering refillable popcorn?

dvcdisney said:
Are there any updates on this?

Are they still offering discounted refills for the red souvenir cups?

Also, are they still offering refillable popcorn?

We're at IOA today and they're still selling them and refilling them. I didn't pay attention to the popcorn though.

It's just another way for them to squeeze out a few more dollars from all of us!:confused3

ilovefh said:
We're at IOA today and they're still selling them and refilling them. I didn't pay attention to the popcorn though.

Has anyone ever tried to use one of the freestyle bottles on another day/trip? I have a couple of them and wonder if it is worth bringing them again.

Great thanks! :goodvibes

We'll be there in a few weeks and I hope they still have the Buy2Get1Free deal.

:)

Just FYI - they still had this deal offered as of last week (05-12-2013 through 05-17-2013) while we were there.

Oh, and I watched as someone who was sharing from the Coke Freestyle mug tried to refill it before the 10 minute timer had reset. He tried every machine and just stood there glaring at it until it finally allowed a refill.

It's $10.99 for the mug with unlimited refills the day of purchase.

hi
just to clarify, if I buy a refill mug I can only refill for that day? I wont be able to use it for another day during our hols, thanks

hi
just to clarify, if I buy a refill mug I can only refill for that day? I wont be able to use it for another day during our hols, thanks

You can pay $8.99 to add on an extra day. It wasn't worth it for us since we were there 5 days, so we skipped the new mug and just paid the $1.06 to refill our old red one when we felt like soda, or we'd ask for free cups of water.

A passholder mug would be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter