Say Goodbye to your old refill mugs

phamton

The Other Orlando Themepark
In the past you could use your cups from previous trips for reduced price on refills. That has changed. Your old mugs can't be used for refills anymore.

They now sell Coca-Cola Freestyle cup

· Cost: $10.99/Size: 24 oz

· A micro-chipped cup that offers unlimited refills at all Coke Freestyle locations in USF & IOA

· USF - Richter’s, Louie’s, Monster’s & Mel’s

· IOA - OASIS Coolers (LC), Comic Strip Café, Burger Digs, Circus McGurkus

· Refills are good for date of purchase only

· You may refill beverages every 10 minutes

Yep, saw that this weekend. They were still selling the meal deal ones though. Maybe until they sell out. But they were promoting the new cups.

Do you think the non-self-serve kiosks will still put *water* in the old cups? We bought the mug as a souvenir and water-holder (we don't drink soda) and it was awfully convenient.

Sure, ice water is always available for free.

They will still refill the old mugs with soda for a reduced price but probably not for much longer.

Phamton, thanks for the heads up on the new policy.

next time questions arise over using the old mugs for a discount, i'll have the current info to pass on to the newbies.

well, it was nice while it lasted using the mugs on the return trips .........

Good thing I just drink alcohol when at the parks!:drinking1

Potion of the Gods at Mythos in IOA, and the beer sampler at Finnegan's at USF.

Let's face it... we all knew this was coming. :( Thanks for the heads up.
I rarely filled mine with anything but ice water anyway, so I might still use it as a water bottle.

Whew! looks like we got in under the wire - just got back from a trip 12/3

We always packed one of our old mugs and then would refill in the park. We were good for about 5-6 refills a day. Of course we would "Irish" up our soda :cool1:

So I guess paying $10 but having FREE refills is not that bad. So in the past would pay at least $6 a day on refills - at $0.90 (the 2 of us would share the soda), so paying an extra $3-4 and not having to cary the mug back and forth every day, wash it out, pack it up to take home etc is not that bad.

Plus - now you won't have to stand on line to "pay" for a refill at one of the choose your own flavor coke machines :cheer2: (like in Richters )

I have one question though -

can you still get refills at the carts / stands at other locations? or are refills only at the machines?

for example when you walk into US there is a stand on the corner where Sunset Sidemen plays.

darn it, it was such a nice perc for repeat offenders.;)

any thoughts on a possible length of stay option for onsite guests? It'd be a nice compromise.

I just wish they'd dump the Coke:crazy2: contract and get Pepsi

watch it keisha.................:stir:

i like coke..

don't think any length of stay program for soda would be implented.
hotels and parks are two different properties.

darn it, it was such a nice perc for repeat offenders.;)

any thoughts on a possible length of stay option for onsite guests? It'd be a nice compromise.

I just wish they'd dump the Coke:crazy2: contract and get Pepsi

Bummer,
and we liked those red cups! Oh, andk keishashadow, I'm a pepsi drinker too! Only drink coke if only soda available, can't even catch a break in the Motherland or DCL either! I actually carried a bottle of pepsi on the DCL ship this summer!

Bummer,
and we liked those red cups! Oh, andk keishashadow, I'm a pepsi drinker too! Only drink coke if only soda available, can't even catch a break in the Motherland or DCL either! I actually carried a bottle of pepsi on the DCL ship this summer!

:laughing: i've drug pepsi (despite it being complimentary on the ships) & mt dew along too. W always pick up a 12 pack of each along with case of water when we travel to Orlando, even warm it tastes better to us than coke lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter