Saratoga Springs 7n7

A three week vacation in two grand villas? WHAT. Holy smokes.

not two grand villas....two 2-bedroom villas...
they each had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, kitchen and washer/dryer...

we had 4 adults in one of the villas (2 adults in each of the bedrooms of that villa)
and 2 adults and 2 toddlers in the other villa (2 adults in the master and 2 toddlers in the other bedroom with two double beds)..

Im clearly missing something. We stayed at SSR for the 1st time oct 28- nov 3. I honestly don’t know if I could be convinced to go back! We were in the carousel section,it was a 12 minute walk to the pool! The QS food was terrible and they acted like it was like it was fancy restaurant. The room was dated and warn! Maybe it’s bc I’m was born, raised, and live in Upstate NY. I’ve been to Saratoga NY; it doesn’t match very much at all! Just MHO but I don’t see why everyone likes it!

Im clearly missing something. We stayed at SSR for the 1st time oct 28- nov 3. I honestly don’t know if I could be convinced to go back! We were in the carousel section,it was a 12 minute walk to the pool! The QS food was terrible and they acted like it was like it was fancy restaurant. The room was dated and warn! Maybe it’s bc I’m was born, raised, and live in Upstate NY. I’ve been to Saratoga NY; it doesn’t match very much at all! Just MHO but I don’t see why everyone likes it!

perhaps the reason you didn't like SSR was that you were put in the worst section of the resort....
carousel is the ONLY section without its own pool...
basically it has absolutely nothing going for it...
while we were staying at SSR, we felt terrible for guests who were stuck in the carousel section - i assume they're only able to stick people there who have no clue how much better the other sections are and who assume they'll be treated fairly....

that being said, we too found the rooms to be dated and even worse, the first villa we were put into had 3 broken beds....actually broken....
and a broken closet door, broken refrigerator door, missing refrigerator racks, missing stove racks, etc.

and as i wrote previously, housekeeping was unacceptably bad...
nevertheless, we did enjoy the resort......the CMs in the community hall were so magical they made up for mousekeeping and we really enjoyed the resort pools, waterplay areas, playground, boat to disney springs, etc.

While I enjoyed the Podcast, and the Saratoga Springs resort sounds quite refined, did anyone else think the price is INSANE??? We are staying in a gorgeous pool side room at the AKL in August for slightly less.

I am really not a Disney Springs person, so its proximity is not a perk for me. Otherwise, why so expensive? (I believe it was $435 a night but I could be wrong)

While I enjoyed the Podcast, and the Saratoga Springs resort sounds quite refined, did anyone else think the price is INSANE??? We are staying in a gorgeous pool side room at the AKL in August for slightly less.

I am really not a Disney Springs person, so its proximity is not a perk for me. Otherwise, why so expensive? (I believe it was $435 a night but I could be wrong)

was it the price for a one bedroom? the one bedroom villa at SSR has a living room, full kitchen, master bedroom (with king bed), washer/dryer, large bathroom with jacuzzi and walk-in shower...

are you in a regular room at AKL? or a one bedroom villa?

Yeah I think the price was insane and if I wasnt DVC, I would never pay cash at any of these places but it was a 1 bedroom and thats a pretty decent price for a 1 bedroom with those amenities. Heck Im furious Im paying $130 for a Hilton in Charlotte this coming weekend for the Jimmy Buffett concert. Almost cancelled but the wife would of been mad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter