Sarah & Brandon's Swan/Il Mulino 04.28.12**The not so good stuff**

Which Hair Accessory?

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6780518260_186f66c914.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6926673779_3f3d6ff04b.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7042/6926673659_b2ea358c82.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6926636353_aa4e539ae2.jpg[/img]

Results are only viewable after voting.
Your dress looks great on you!! Hey, kinda fitting works-- you have time to loose a few (you can do it!) so it fits like a glove!

It really is a beautiful dress! :dancer:

Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you sweetie!!

Thank you!!

Very pretty dress!

Your dress looks great on you!! Hey, kinda fitting works-- you have time to loose a few (you can do it!) so it fits like a glove!

It really is a beautiful dress! :dancer:

thank you!! It does work for now and it fits much better than it would have if I hadn't been working so hard on my diet the last 2 months! I will get there, I'm sure ;)

What a beautiful dress!

Thanks so much! :lovestruc

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I had my first appointment with the dress alterer? tailor? seamstress? Anyway, the woman who has mad dress fixing skillz. She was recommended to me by the company who is custom making DF's suit, so I am really happy to have my dress in good hands. Although there was a moment where I could see myself on the verge of becoming a crazy woman....the woman's mom was helping me into my dress and as she was doing the corset was mentioning that they would need to take it out about an inch in the back. And at first calmly said "No, actually, the wedding isn't for 2 months and I'm losing weight. So it will be fine." Then she mentioned it AGAIN and I nearly lost myself with a bit of a snappy "We won't be letting anything OUT" :rolleyes1

We have the majority of our RSVP's back so I'm finalizing some of those little details like shirts and welcome bags. I think I've decided to do shirts only for the immediate family (still 32 of us) and then I'm opting out of welcome bags. In the end, I just wasn't sure where to draw the line with who to give bags to and who not to, shirts no shirt, some stuff for theses people, some for others etc. And it's just one more thing for me to either drag on the plane, or have to make a trip out on our first day to buy and then the time to assemble them. So unless I get a bug up my butt (possible) I think I will just do the shirts.

I also got in our glow sticks for the dessert party. We got 100 assorted colors with extenders to make them bracelets, necklaces etc. I think this is going to be a really fun touch.

I have a few different dresses for the party too, I haven't decided which one I will use. I'm sure I'll just bring them all and decide then :laughing:

My future mother in law is throwing me a tea bridal shower in a few weeks and I got a new dress for that too. And a big white hat! It's going to be so fun, I really can't wait. Especially since it's the one and only thing surrounding the wedding that someone ELSE has planned and done for ME. It's a nice feeling to sit back and just enjoy it.

We payed off our honeymoon and have all of our DDR's made. We're still debating on whether or not we will do Discovery Cove or if we will do Universal. I'm torn. On one hand, I've always wanted to go to Universal and would love to see the new Harry Potter stuff, but on the other hand...I want to kiss a dolphin!! ha! I just think it would be such a cute "honeymoon" thing to do. But it's spendy, so we would do one or the other. We shall see...

My poor nephew was tortured into putting on his wedding attire. (He was tired and even at 7 years old played the limp body, flopping on the ground routine :rotfl:) but I think its going to work. It's not 100% what I was going for, but it was SO stinking cheap and I'm kinda like "whatever" at this point. I also got really cute white flowered shoes at payless for the flower girls.

AND! I got our guest book today! I'm really impressed with the quality, especially considering it wasn't very expensive at all. I hadn't really wanted to do much for a guest book (not wanting to drag a bunch of stuff around) but I think this will be great. I'm debating about adding a question to the top of each page like "What is your best memory of the couple" "What is your hope for their future" "Where do you see them in 5 years" "Whats your favorite memory of the couple" etc. We'll see if I bother

How did I miss the dress post?! You look GORGEOUS! I love all the lace detail work on it! :goodvibes

And that guest book is amazing! Where did you get it?

Oh! We went to Nordstrom's last week and I wound up buying the bra you suggested. It's like the miracle I've been waiting for since I was 12 :lmao: Thanks again!

Your dress is gorgeous! I love your guest book. It looks really cool.

Thank you! I'm really glad I went with this instead of the super plain notebooks I was thinking of doing. It's so pretty in person too!

How did I miss the dress post?! You look GORGEOUS! I love all the lace detail work on it! :goodvibes

And that guest book is amazing! Where did you get it?

Oh! We went to Nordstrom's last week and I wound up buying the bra you suggested. It's like the miracle I've been waiting for since I was 12 :lmao: Thanks again!

Thank you! I'm in love with lace, so this was the perfect choice for me.

The guest book is from candlesandsuch.com. I just double checked, the book was $18!! $26 with tax and shipping (I got a buck or so off after I googled for a coupon code at checkout). I'm just blown away at how nice it looks for that price. The company shipped very fast too, so overall a :thumbsup2 from me!

And I'm so glad you found the right holster from Nordys!! They are like bra gods there. Yay! :yay:

Yay, my choice for hair accessory won! Also loving your dress! And if you make up your mind to do it, you will lose weight. I often find myself saying "I have a wedding dress to fit into." Its a nice reminder for when I want a donut, etc. You can do it!!

The shirts sound great!

I love that you got glow sticks-- so fun!

Aww, I can't wait to hear about the tea bridal shower!

Congrats on the honeymoon and ADRs! Totally do Harry Potter World!

The guest book is really impressive! Pretty!

Your dress is so pretty! Cute guest book, too! :cutie:

Thank you!! :lovestruc

Yay, my choice for hair accessory won! Also loving your dress! And if you make up your mind to do it, you will lose weight. I often find myself saying "I have a wedding dress to fit into." Its a nice reminder for when I want a donut, etc. You can do it!!

I got the hair piece in the mail last week and it is JUST as pretty in person! Thanks everyone for the votes (But I'm so sorry I added it as a stupid poll since it seems to be stuck there forever now. sad face)

The shirts sound great!

I love that you got glow sticks-- so fun!

Aww, I can't wait to hear about the tea bridal shower!

Congrats on the honeymoon and ADRs! Totally do Harry Potter World!

The guest book is really impressive! Pretty!

I think HP world is going to win, but we shall see. We might just wing it when we get there (GASP! So against the grain of my over planning self)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to update my ticket because I realized that when I made it a year or so ago, that I put the wrong date in! So it was counting me down from the 21st or April instead of the 28th. LOL

We finally have our (pretty much confirmed) final guest count! 43 for the ceremony/reception and 33 for the Dessert Party the next day. Yay! This allowed me to work on the seating chart. I have to say, I did a pretty fab job on it too :thumbsup2

Right now I'm trying to plan through some logistics like day of timeline, when to schedule what. I got a confirmation call from Beaute Speciale and she helped a bit with firming up the times, but I'm still not entierly sure. And I need to sort out some details with Karen at JM for things like our exit (if we will have one or if we will just walk down to start our dance) and who will announce us into the reception.

Life has thrown us a bit of a curve ball and we found out that we can't renew our lease on our current place. We were intending to move this summer, but wanted to wait until late summer so we could recoup from the wedding/honeymoon first. Well...now we have to be out by the end of June. That only gives us a bit over a month after we get home to get a new place. But now we're throwing around some ideas of moving out of state. We aren't planning on starting our family for a few years so we have some time now if we want to go do something different. But of course, it's all happening in a very short period of time. So we shall see! I'm trying my hardest not to worry too much about it now, and just focus on the wedding and enjoying the honeymoon.

I started writing my vows too and I got them mostly finished pretty quickly! I do still need to work on the hankies I'm embroidering for the ceremony (I am giving 3 hankies to Brandon as part of a Hungarian tradition) and of course I have been putting them off like crazy. So that should fill up the next weekend or so.

Next update will include pictures of our wedding cake topper with a full on praise/love fest for the Etsy vendor who made it. She was seriously my favorite person to work with in my whole life. So amazing. And then a pic of our custom napkins for the dessert party! Stay tuned!

Your dress is so beautiful! I did the same thing and ordered my dress a size smaller. I almost went off on a couple people because they kept reminding me that you're never supposed to do that. Ummm, pretty sure I know myself and I knew this was the way I was going to get what I wanted and be the size I wanted to be on my wedding day. It all worked out in the end! Do what you gotta do, Girl!:thumbsup2

Wow! Ok so I have missed quite a bit but I am all caught up now!

*The dress is gorgeous on you
*I would have slapped the girl that kept saying the thing about letting the dress out or I would have said "can you have some damn tact!"
*I am starting to re-think what to do for a guest book for us and I really think yours is very pretty
*I am sorry about having to move. we just did that and we are still in the middle of it. it can be such a pain!
*the glowsticks for your dessert party sound awesome. I hope you don't mind if I steal the idea. I am not doing much decoration at all so this might be a fun touch.

I can not wait to read more and wow you really are getting so so close!

Teresa

Your dress is so beautiful! I did the same thing and ordered my dress a size smaller. I almost went off on a couple people because they kept reminding me that you're never supposed to do that. Ummm, pretty sure I know myself and I knew this was the way I was going to get what I wanted and be the size I wanted to be on my wedding day. It all worked out in the end! Do what you gotta do, Girl!:thumbsup2

Thank you, and YES! I do wish I could enjoy life a bit and not stress about being on a diet, but I'm also glad that I have something keeping me in line. I'm a stress eater and could easily see myself going off the deep end right about now if I didn't have a smaller dress to worry about!

Pretty dress :thumbsup2:lovestruc

Thank you so much! You are right around the corner, I can't believe it!

Wow! Ok so I have missed quite a bit but I am all caught up now!

*The dress is gorgeous on you
*I would have slapped the girl that kept saying the thing about letting the dress out or I would have said "can you have some damn tact!"
*I am starting to re-think what to do for a guest book for us and I really think yours is very pretty
*I am sorry about having to move. we just did that and we are still in the middle of it. it can be such a pain!
*the glowsticks for your dessert party sound awesome. I hope you don't mind if I steal the idea. I am not doing much decoration at all so this might be a fun touch.

I can not wait to read more and wow you really are getting so so close!

Teresa

Thank you so much for following along Teresa! :goodvibes If you are interested in the guest book, I *highly* recommend it. It was so cheap and looks great in person. And its small enough to easily travel with. Candlesandsuch.com is the website.

Steal the glowsticks too! We bought the multipack and the headbands. They are called "bunny ears" But definitely can pass for mouse ears. Had a great order experience with GlowUniverse for those.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday I'm running my first ever 5K! My partner is 5 months pregnant so I just hope that she isn't faster than me! :rotfl: She actually runs marathons and such and has kept up her workouts since getting pregnant, and this is my first ever group run so wish me luck!

Been having some family drama, but what else is new. (Brandon said "Want to piss off your family and friends? Throw a wedding :lmao:) My oldest sister is supposed to be making my wedding veil but she's been having some personal issues and I haven't talked to her in weeks. Last I heard she couldn't find the right fabric for it. She was making my veil after my mom said she would make it then bailed. So if she doesn't do it, that will be the 2nd person who said they would and didn't since the start of this. I'll just go buy one, not a big deal, just disappointing that so many people haven't followed through.

She also hasn't booked her airfare. I sent out a desperate email last weekend to her and my brother begging them to book now, because prices were soaring and it was stressing me out that they had been waiting for so long. My brother and SIL booked right away (thank you!!:worship:) but I haven't even heard back from my sister...:headache:

My other sister has been MIA for the past few months (a new boyfriend and lord knows what else). I left her a card at her house with a gift certificate for a foot treatment for her Birthday 3 weeks ago. I bought one for me too hoping we could go together and she hasn't even acknowledged that she got it, let alone thanked me. I guess I'll just go without her. She also hasn't bothered to RSVP to the tea that my FMIL is throwing for me on Saturday, so I still have no idea if she's coming or not. The invite was sent over a month ago... :confused3 And on top of that, my sister in law emailed her to ask if she was going to do anything for me like a bachelorette before we leave, and she hasn't replied to her. So my SIL is going to take me out for drinks sometime just us I guess. Would be nice if my own sister gave two turds about this whole process but I guess that's asking too much.

Ok, next post won't be all downer stuff, I have fun pictures! More to come...

Onto more fun things! Brandon and I confirmed and e-mailed over all of our music selections. We are waiting to see if the trio can play "dream a little dream" (our song) so fingers crossed that they can!

We also found out last week that we aren't having Rev Tim Herring (a mishap apparently in telling me this since we had him requested last June) but instead have his friend Rev Phil Mccullough. Karen assures me he will be just as great, so I've decided to just go with the flow. I don't have much choice at this point. :rolleyes:

Alright, so first we have my Bridal Ears! I am shocked that I got a sudden urge to buy these. I had never really liked them and was usually frustrated to see little kids wearing them (Always felt they should have been reserved for brides or at least the adults celebrating VR/Weddings) But when I heard they weren't selling them anymore something in me snapped and I had to have a pair. So here they are with my super splurge clutch from Nordys. Love it!

Next up are our custom Napkins for our Dessert Party at Sago Cay. We went with something a bit silly :laughing:

Big thumbs Up :thumbsup2 to partyfavorsplus from Amazon where I ordered these. It was super easy and they look great. They were the cheapest price too!

And this next gem is the best thing that has come out of my wedding so far. I talked to Karly more often than I probably talked to my own planner. She was so friendly and accommodating and really is a master at her craft. Can you believe all of the detail she got on the mini bride in groom??? It looks even better in person. She is amazing :worship:

I love all the little humorous details in your wedding! Super cute.

Love the napkins!

And holy cow!! I'm obsessed with that cake!! WAY too cute!

I'm obsessed too! I really do stare at this thing like 3 times a day :rotfl: Since I first saw a cakezilla I knew I wanted one and I'm so glad I did! It was a bit of a splurge but for me, totally worth it

I love all the little humorous details in your wedding! Super cute.

Thank you! We're a weird bunch, so it's fitting. :3dglasses

I LOVE your cake topper. I know I already said it on the FB page, but it's SO AWESOME! :goodvibes

Thanks! I will also take compliments via carrier pidgeon, morse code or smoke signal :laughing:

Sorry to hear about the family drama, what is it about weddings that brings out the suck in people?!

Your napkins and cake topper made me laugh! I love when people inject funny into a wedding.

I hope your sister stops being a turd soon and you have a fun tea and girls night out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter