Safe Passage/Inspired Diagnostics Kit Question

We were scheduled to depart on the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral on Sat, Sept 29, 2021. My 4 yr old grandson's PCR test he took the day before, was negative.
Upon arriving at the terminal and we all having to do the rapid PCR, his rapid test came back positive. They refused to allow us to retest, even after offering to pay. Needless to say, they refused to let us board. They allowed us to cancel with refund, or reschedule for later date, but we were not allowed to sail on this cruise. Our flight costs were not reimbursed.
We believe it was a false positive because he was retested the next day and he tested negative. We have since learned some rapid testing being done are having false positives, but unfortunately DCL is not admitting this, or allowing change in policy. My thoughts on this... anyone can test falsely positive and you have no recourse. I won't attempt to sail again until testing is no longer required. Too costly in time, money and emotional turmoil for the children.

Thank you, I had read that already
Thank you, I had read that already. I just want reviews from actual people who have been through the process.

. I just want reviews from actual people who have been through the process.
Scheduled

We were scheduled to depart on the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral on Sat, Sept 29, 2021. My 4 yr old grandson's PCR test he took the day before, was negative.
Upon arriving at the terminal and we all having to do the rapid PCR, his rapid test came back positive. They refused to allow us to retest, even after offering to pay. Needless to say, they refused to let us board. They allowed us to cancel with refund, or reschedule for later date, but we were not allowed to sail on this cruise. Our flight costs were not reimbursed.
We believe it was a false positive because he was retested the next day and he tested negative. We have since learned some rapid testing being done are having false positives, but unfortunately DCL is not admitting this, or allowing change in policy. My thoughts on this... anyone can test falsely positive and you have no recourse. I won't attempt to sail again until testing is no longer required. Too costly in time, money and emotional turmoil for the children.

Scheduled
I'm very sorry for your experience...I am worried about the same and you're definitely not the first person I've read this kind of review from. I hope Disney will hear these and update the policies, the best they can. We're hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

I understand why companies can’t stray from following test results. I see where they have to end the “relationship” at the test results. Have to draw the line somewhere. Nice that they have 100% refund but I’ll bet that doesn’t mean that you walk out the door with that cash to use for your next few days you are in town. Most cruisers will have cash they can get to use for the next few days. Some maxed out their credit cards just to take this trip. I see several hardships for canceled “failed test” cruisers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter