Sabrina & Jim's PJ: 05/26 Please don't ask....

Which shoes do you like better?

• hot pink pumps with bows

• hot pink satin sling backs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's the other hairstyle that I like. I just want "bigger hair":

174604sfp_long_1.jpg

Here's my hideous, I mean feather centerpiece replacement:

174604rosecp.JPG

I just LOVE the hanging tea lights off of the CP

and here is my first craft project/prototype!!!! It's a bit hideous but it is just a prototype after all plus my laser printer is on B&W:

174604drhangerproto-med.JPG

p.s. I don't have a date penciled in yet so I just picked a date

Ok, I don't know why you think the door hanger is hideous... I LOVE it!!! i have looking everywhere for one, and I couldn't find anything that I like. How did you make that? I am stealing this idea(if you don't mind!)

I LOVE the door hanger too! And the hair is so pretty! And the flowers with the votives will be gorgeous!:)

Ok, I don't know why you think the door hanger is hideous... I LOVE it!!! i have looking everywhere for one, and I couldn't find anything that I like. How did you make that? I am stealing this idea(if you don't mind!)

Of course I don't mind if you take the idea. It is actually not my idea in the first place. I was inspired from past DIS brides. The picture was just my idea and the layout. Here is the template:

http://kids.creativity-portal.com/images/projects/door.hanger/dh-white.pdf

here is the picture I used:

174604cinderella3.jpg

I chose this one because cinderella is in a wedding dress so you can use this one or just google cinderella under images and then select one that you like.

I printed the image and the template. I cut out the template.

Then I opened word and aligned all my writing in the center.

Then I used my favorite trick, I static clinged the cut out door hanger to my screen so I can see where I needed to align my text, clever I know ;)

174604staticcling.JPG

let's pretend that was the cut out template. Print that out and then cut and paste on your template and you got yourself a protoype.

I'm either going to use bristol board or foam for the final product. I'll post when I have it.

Earth friendly tip, after you print one try to at least fit 2 templates per page :thumbsup2

Sabrina -- those CPs are lush! I looked at something like that but realized they were too large for my setting, but then consoled myself by reminding myself that all those roses would really bump up the floral budget. :eek: I LOVE the hanging tealights. Your door hangers are great -- thank you so much for sharing the instructions. I've just added them to my to-do list. ;)

Sabrina -- those CPs are lush! I looked at something like that but realized they were too large for my setting, but then consoled myself by reminding myself that all those roses would really bump up the floral budget. :eek: I LOVE the hanging tealights. Your door hangers are great -- thank you so much for sharing the instructions. I've just added them to my to-do list. ;)

My pleasure :goodvibes

I love your hairstyle you picked... so pretty

Thank you so much!

mini update: I found my MOH dress!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very excited because it's pink. I originally wanted my MOH to wear pink but she doesn't wear it because of her hair color but we found an awesome dress that was a coral (but more on the pink side) that looked just spectacular on her!!!!!! I think it's supposed to be a prom dress and it's at a regular chain store and she can buy it right off the rack!!!!!! It doesn't even need to be hemmed or anything. We were freaking out in the store :goodvibes What's more is my MOH tried on 2 different dresses one long and one short but we went with the long because I liked it better on her. I brought my mom to show her the dress today and she's going to buy the shorter dress in the same color. I'm so loving the matching colors you have no idea.

Because the dress it at a regular store I couldn't get a photo of it but I found a very similar one from Impressions bridal. It is the same concept and fabric but no train and no slit.

174604thumb_php.jpg

Here is what the color looks like:

174604coral.jpg

It wasn't originally a color I would have picked because I wanted a plae pink but I'm actually really happy about the color.

congrats to you and your MOH on finding a dress off the rack too That makes it easy! The dress is stunning!:goodvibes

Thatis really pretty! COngrats on the great find!! Maybe I should have my MoH (DD) check out the prom gowns. Great idea!

The hairstyle is very pretty. I wish my hair would do that! The centerpiece you chose is beautiful. I really like the hanging tea lights.

Wedding dress dramarama!!!!! I called a dress store to make an appointment to try on wedding dresses this morning, I ask to make an appointment and then they ask me when I'm getting married so I say next year. The woman asks me to hold on a sec. Next thing I know the manager is on the phone and asks me when I'm getting married so I tell him that I'm getting married next year and then he asks why I want to start looking for my dress so early and how I heard about their store. OMG! does it freakin' matter? I just want to try on dresses. He goes on to explain that I should at least wait until July because the 2009 collection will be out. Anyway, he talked so much that the battery on my portable phone had time to run out!!! I told him 3 times that it didn't matter and that I just wanted to try dresses on. I'm already frustrated and I just started. Anyway else experience something similar?

That was so unbelievably rude of that guy! That is one thing that has annoyed me throughout the whole planning process...whether it is looking for the dress, shopping for the wedding band, etc., so many vendors acted like since my wedding wasn't like a month away, it wasn't important yet and I didn't even need to be thinking about things like rings or dresses yet. They are selling a product, and should be happy that someone is interested in seeing it, no matter when they are getting married! Besides, you are only 16 months out (not like it's 16 years!!), and there is nothing wrong with wanting to get started with your planning.

Unfortunately, IMO some bridal shops can be very snooty. There is one near my house that I went to one day after work and the guy wouldn't even let me in the door because I didn't have an appointment! So I wrote that shop off and took my money elsewhere. Don't take it personally...if they act like that on the phone to a bride-to-be, then it probably isn't a place you would want to buy your dress from anyway. I'm sorry he acted like such a jerk and made you upset! :hug:

Wedding dress dramarama!!!!! I called a dress store to make an appointment to try on wedding dresses this morning, I ask to make an appointment and then they ask me when I'm getting married so I say next year. The woman asks me to hold on a sec. Next thing I know the manager is on the phone and asks me when I'm getting married so I tell him that I'm getting married next year and then he asks why I want to start looking for my dress so early and how I heard about their store. OMG! does it freakin' matter? I just want to try on dresses. He goes on to explain that I should at least wait until July because the 2009 collection will be out. Anyway, he talked so much that the battery on my portable phone had time to run out!!! I told him 3 times that it didn't matter and that I just wanted to try dresses on. I'm already frustrated and I just started. Anyway else experience something similar?
How obnoxious! And he's a very bad manager/salesman too--why does he assume that it's important for you to be trendy and have a 2009 collection dress? I mean, that's totally FINE and GREAT, IF that's what you want, but my point is that it's not for him to say.

My wedding is at the end of January 2009, and I already bought my dress in early March of this year. I like to do things ahead of time.

The next time you speak to a bridal salon who's giving you a hard time about wanting to try a dress on ahead of time, just listen to them and ask them point blank in a very confident tone, "So, you're saying that you're not going to let me into your store to see any gowns, or to try them on, right?"

That pseudo-rhetorical question should make the salesperson stop babbling and look/feel stupid enough to give you the answer you want to hear. If it doesn't, and they ask you to come back later, you can politely tell them that you're not interested.

Many of these salons will do anything to make a buck, but their bad behavior shouldn't go unchecked. Any dress that one has can be found at another, after all!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Don't be too worried, there are so many bridal salons and they all have completely different attitudes; you'll find one that suits you.

Just remember not to reward bad policies! If you feel snubbed by one of them, or they are not respectful towards you at this point (even this early on in your planning stages), just go elsewhere!

That was so unbelievably rude of that guy! That is one thing that has annoyed me throughout the whole planning process...whether it is looking for the dress, shopping for the wedding band, etc., so many vendors acted like since my wedding wasn't like a month away, it wasn't important yet and I didn't even need to be thinking about things like rings or dresses yet. They are selling a product, and should be happy that someone is interested in seeing it, no matter when they are getting married! Besides, you are only 16 months out (not like it's 16 years!!), and there is nothing wrong with wanting to get started with your planning.

Unfortunately, IMO some bridal shops can be very snooty. There is one near my house that I went to one day after work and the guy wouldn't even let me in the door because I didn't have an appointment! So I wrote that shop off and took my money elsewhere. Don't take it personally...if they act like that on the phone to a bride-to-be, then it probably isn't a place you would want to buy your dress from anyway. I'm sorry he acted like such a jerk and made you upset! :hug:

I could hardly believe it too! There are a ton of dresses from this season that I'm just dying to try on so why make me wait 3 more months when I could walk in and buy an older model? Because they are on sale now? I don't know what the problem is. Iy's really crappy because my SIL bought her dress there and I thought the service was really great. It's bad enough that you aren't allowed to take pictures in there even after you buy a dress from them but honestly, I'm kind of annoyed to go there. I'm sure I could have sorted it out if my phone hadn't died but still. I know I'm early but who cares if I'm spending money. Actually now that I think about it there is another thing about that store that pissed me off. They don't allow any men in the store except for employees. When I went with my SIL to buy her dress the sales woman clearly stated this when I said I wanted to go with my fiancee. We're not super traditional and he wanted to come and I didn't have a problem with it so why get all annoyed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter